● Provide a support system and small grants for livestock farmers.
● Provide concessions for large-scale livestock farming.
● Provide appropriate breeding stock, training, and facilities for cutting, packaging,and storage of meat.
● Enhance support for fishermen and the co-op societies.
Provide the business sector with cheaper, reliable and stable power.
● Reduce the processing time for applications and other paperwork required for doing business.
● Provide tax incentives for new investments, re-tooling,and technological improvements.
● Establish Industrial Parks/Estates for manufacturing in Coastal and Hinterland Regions.
● Establish a fund to stimulate innovation and new businesses. We will approach the oil and gas sector in a national, non-partisan manner. Oil and Gas will bring not only significant financial resources and enormous transformational opportunities but also many challenges. There are many examples around the world where developing countries have obtained windfalls from Oil and Gas, but have eventually ended up poorer than before. Central to our strategy in the sector will be the following three critical areas: In order to provide a friendly environment for businesses to be established and to grow, apart from favourable fiscal and monetary policies, the PPP/C will undertake the following:
Immediately engage the oil and gas companies in better contract administration/re-negotiation.
● Establish an arm’s length Sovereign Wealth Fund insulated from political interference.
● Define by legislation how funds will flow from the Sovereign Wealth Fund into the budget, and the purpose for which they will be used.
● Ensure that expenditures are transparently determined and go through the parliamentary process.
● Establish a regulatory framework that is independent of politicians.
● Build strong national capability to hold oil companies accountable, and to verify production and other expenditures.
● Ensure that blocks are competitively tendered/auctioned.
● Establish a model Production Sharing Agreement (PSA) based on industry-wide standards and best practices. The purpose of this is to ensure that Guyanese receive maximum benefit from these contracts without disincentivizing foreign investors in the sector.
● Training of thousands of Guyanese at every level to create a national corps of managers and workforce to chart the future direction and effectively manage the sector
● Uphold the Santiago Principles of transparency and accountability and ● Ensure annual reports from the Government are laid in the National Assembly detailing oil revenues and expenditures.
● Ensure there are regular audits.
● Civil society will be involved in a central role to monitor compliance and accountability. A framework for proper management of the resource Transparency and accountability Securing benefits for Guyanese REVERSE VAT ON BUILDING MATERIALS DAYCARE FOR WORKING MOTHERS END PRESCRIPTION DRUG SHORTAGES REVERSE THE VAT ON EXPORTS REVERSE VAT ON FARMING, MINING & FORESTRY EQUIPMENT
● Create a National Entrepreneurship Body and increase grants to SMEs and young entrepreneurs.
● Develop a Hospitality Institute and provide training for skills required in the sector.
● Provide incentives for businesses in the hospitality industry, including the establishment of several world-class hotels.
● Re-establish the Ministry of Tourism and promote nature, eco-, and adventure tourism.
● Incentivize private investment in dairy plants, dairy processing facilities, and the establishment of modern abattoir facilities in livestock producing regions.
● Minimize conflicts between livestock farmers and crop farmers through zoning.