America is no longer being targeted around the world as in the neo-Conservative days.


Europe's economic woes showed that we prevented that situation because of forcing banks to have larger capital reserves and making sure that derivatives are understood, monitored, priced properly and that there are adequate reserves.

America is on the path of an education system to redress the imbalance of the last decade - 1 Science grad for 6 liberal arts, and worse a science grad going into financial engineering.

All this with a dark skin person at the table......
Insurance companies can no longer deny coverage because of a pre-existing condition. College students can stay on their parents medical insurance until 26.


The US auto industry is roaring again.


All this with a dark skin person at the table......
America has helped ushered in the democratization process in the Arab world. Remember Obama's Cairo speech in 2009 anyone? Remember quotes like if Obama can be President of the USA then anything's possible in my world?


America has moved the world along towards nuclear reductions.

America has started the process of wasting billions in military excursions around the globe - Libya anyone?


All this with a dark skin person at the table......
quote:
Originally posted by Wally:
The only thing different is that Obama is the only dark skin person at the table.

Actually, there were more dark skinned cabinet members in the Bush administration than with Obama.

quote:
Originally posted by Kari:
Europe's economic woes showed that we prevented that situation because of forcing banks to have larger capital reserves and making sure that derivatives are understood, monitored, priced properly and that there are adequate reserves.
Actually, nothing has been done to address the problems you describe. The only thing which would actually begin to stop the collapse would be the restoration of the Glass-Steagall Act.

quote:
Originally posted by Kari:
America has helped ushered in the democratization process in the Arab world.
Nonsense. Under British direction, war in the Middle East is being used to trigger a much larger conflict between the US and Russia and China. They are claiming there are Weapons of Mass Destruction now in Iran. Where have we heard that one before?

quote:
Originally posted by Wally:
The only thing different is that Obama is the only dark skin person at the table.




You should apologize to Mr.Obama for making a fool out of him on this forum. The man was the first minority to become President.
quote:
Originally posted by Henry:
Actually, nothing has been done to address the problems you describe. The only thing which would actually begin to stop the collapse would be the restoration of the Glass-Steagall Act.[/QUOTE]


Bannaz.....You have to resolve the Credit market crisis first; then the housing market crash. First time you had two crises - one that historically takes a decade to get back on keel, and the other that historically is rare. Add that there is a larger population of entitlement recipients (old people living longer) who also require more medical care and costs; a paradigm shift in the productive structure, and now you see why there is a dark skin person at the table......
quote:
Originally posted by Kari:
Bannaz.....You have to resolve the Credit market crisis first; then the housing market crash. First time you had two crises - one that historically takes a decade to get back on keel, and the other that historically is rare. Add that there is a larger population of entitlement recipients (old people living longer) who also require more medical care and costs; a paradigm shift in the productive structure, and now you see why there is a dark skin person at the table......


First of all, let's get one thing straight. He's not actually dark skin. They just sent George W. Bush to the tanning salon and set it for "well done." Secondly, you appear to be repeating a bunch of rationalizations for the bailout that have appeared in the Wall Street Journal. The reality is much different: we have seen an escalating series of bubbles since the 1987 crash. They just keep piling them on. The financial system is now insolvent and cannot be saved; it must be reorganized. Housing has little to do with it; it was simply a springboard for a derivatives bubble. The derivatives must be nullified and flushed down the toilet. There must be a Chapter 11-style reorganization where speculative claims are cancelled and credit is transfused on an emergency basis to the starved productive sector.

One other thing -- the line about the problem being caused by too many old folks needing SSI and medical care is just straight, unadulterated fascism. The people who put out that line want to try to prop up the bubble by killing lower income people. It is no different than what the IMF has been doing to Third World nations for decades.
quote:
Originally posted by Kari:
America is no longer being targeted around the world as in the neo-Conservative days.


....


Who cares. 20% of all Americans are either unemployed or barely have a job. And this seems unlikely to change in the near term.
quote:
Originally posted by Kari:
Insurance companies can no longer deny coverage because of a pre-existing condition..


No they can just exit whole markets reducing competition. Employers can force employees to bear a higher % of the costs of care as they try to control costs.

In the meantime 40% of the hospitals in NYC are on the brink of collapse and there is nothing that the health care bill will do to address this fact.

I also suggest that you read your contract more carefully about pre existing conditions. They cannot exclude, but they can refuse to cover the illness for at least 12 months under certainc onditions.
quote:
Originally posted by Kari:
America has helped ushered in the democratization process in the Arab world. ......


Why dont we wait and see. Egypt is no oasis of democracy and we are yet to see what will happen in Libya.

And of course Israel continues to behave like a brat knowing that its mommy (USA) will do nothing to make them behave.
quote:
Originally posted by Kari:
quote:
Originally posted by Wally:




At least in this picture the other dark guy in the room has a job providing security. Is that you Kari?


Dat bannaz laughing as though he's not a security detail Big Grin



The banna checkin his facebook account or checking email and readin a big batty joke.
quote:
Originally posted by Wally:


Yall making mention of race, this should not be so,the man has been in power only how many years to try get the country back into gear?

I can tell yall of one country that has the same Govt in power,over 19years and they still can't do the changes necessary for the lil man to survive.


Second. The person he's touching is an ass.
His latest thing is to build bigger jails, throw people in who have done the slightest thing, they plan on making criminals.
The idiot is going the opposite to what the people want.
quote:
Originally posted by cain:
quote:
Originally posted by Wally:


.


yes these are the people who Obama feel most at home with. its really odd that the first socalled black president has fewer blacks playing a meaningful role than the last tow WHITE presidents. No wonder whites ay that "we would love to hire blacks but we cant find any good ones"....Obama shows how "white" he really is.
I think you Caribj, Henry and that fool Wally should stop this nonsense about this great man. Could any of you three ever be the President of the United States. Could any of you three become a senator. Could any of you three ever hope of winning a noble prize. The answer is no. So don't insult this great man.
quote:
Originally posted by Prashad:
Could any of you three ever be the President of the United States. .


You sound like those jagdeoite PPP simpletons. I didnt sign up to be president. Obama did. If he isnt up to teh job he should have gone elsewhere.
quote:
Originally posted by Prashad:
I think you Caribj, Henry and that fool Wally should stop this nonsense about this great man. Could any of you three ever be the President of the United States. Could any of you three become a senator. Could any of you three ever hope of winning a noble prize. The answer is no. So don't insult this great man.
I might want to give it a try, but I need a little background info. How many wars do you have to start nowadays to win a Nobel Peace Prize? Is there also a requirement for a certain number of assassinations in order to qualify?
quote:
Originally posted by Prashad:
I am voting for Mr. Obama in the next election. .


Go right ahead. Unfortunately I fear I have little choice so will do the same as the alternative is even worse.

That doesnt mean that I must pretend that he is god almighty who can do know wrong. He wasted time on his useless healthcare bill when his focus should have remained with the economy and jobs.
CaribJ, you're always looking on the wrong side of things. Like the eternal pessimist you ignore the human spirit.

One thing to understand about human progress - it is never perfect from the get-go. But these flaws should not deter you from making a start. We are all trying to return to Plato's "Good".

I wish upon you the ability to understand that Obama's health care reform has an intended goal that's laudable, a legislative passage that may not be perfect but is a step in the right direction. This is not a man over his head, but a man who understands the founders' intent about an America that is prosperous and forward looking.


CaribJ , you cannot deny a world of people who never had the ability to express their aspirations, and it doesn't matter if the devil visits this change in the beginning; it is progress.


CaribJ, I pity your deficit in that cherished human trait - an uplifting feeling in seeking the good in every action - and Ii wish that you're visited with the feeling that while critique is healthy, constantly looking to pick a fight where there ain't one is negative energy.


You are someone who is the bane of human progress. You see darkness in every step. You need to see some sunlight man. Sing the praise of the human spirit. Hallelujah....we shall overcome....and don't, for heaven's sake, think of this in a negative way.

Grab a beer buddy......like a Carib beer......it might open up that human optimism buried under that mass of negativity.
quote:
Originally posted by Kari:
I wish upon you the ability to understand that Obama's health care reform has an intended goal that's laudable, a legislative passage that may not be perfect but is a step in the right direction. This is not a man over his head, but a man who understands the founders' intent about an America that is prosperous and forward looking.


Obama's health care reform had the intended goal of providing a generous subsidy to the insurance companies, which are part of the Wall Street apparatus and therefore must be bailed out. Since actual health care cuts into the profits of HMOs and insurance companies, health care is being dramatically reduced.

I believe that Obama really does understand the founders' vision of America, but somewhere along the line he made up his mind that he would join the British in rejecting it.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post


×
×
×
×
×