Unveiling Mr. Goolsarran’s shady past

IN my previous letter, I addressed the importance of credibility and the need for public figures and columnists to possess this attribute. The issue of credibility was specifically used to address that of the former Auditor General, Mr. Anand Goolsarran and his best friend Mr. Khemraj Ramjattan. I will now demonstrate via a series of examples, why Mr. Goolsarran severely lacks any semblance of credibility as a columnist on accounting and worse, as a former auditor general.
In the late 1980s, Mr. Goolsarran joined the Auditor General’s Office as the deputy auditor general and later became auditor general. His appointment and promotion however came with a price tag.
During his time under the PNC, Mr. Goolsarran remained silent on the blatant corrupt practices of that administration as apparently he was the recipient of their financial perks and protection. When the PPP took office and insisted on accountability, Mr. Goolsarran suddenly found his voice and began to attack the current administration under the guise of professionalism, when in fact he never had any.
The then Finance Minister Mr. Carl Greenidge (yes, the current APNU Parliamentarian) has a sister who was employed at the same audit office with Mr. Goolsarran. Under Goolsarran’s watch, the sister of the Minister of Finance was given a preferential scholarship to pursue her studies in the UK, catapulting more qualified and long-serving officers in that office. Goolsarran even tried to raise additional funds for her when she had to repeat some classes.
These actions by Mr. Goolsarran speaks for itself, that he has no credibility as he is indebted to the PNC  and must, at all lengths discredit the current administration for fear that his past deeds will be unveiled for the public to judge.
When Mr. Goolsarran speaks, the foundation of his career and his bias need to be taken into consideration. When these are brought to the forefront, it would be clear that he has no credibility to speak about corruption, accountability, justice and/or ethics, as he personally and professionally lack all of the above.
In my following letters, I will continue to unveil the shady past of Mr. Goolsarran.

RICHARD PAUL

 

Extracted from the Guyanachronicle

Original Post

Again I ask: how credible is Mr Anand Goolsarran?

IN my previous letters, I explained that credibility is an important characteristic for columnists to possess. I also noted that Mr. Anand Goolsarran does not possess this characteristic, particularly because of his past acceptance of unethical practices when he was deputy auditor general and auditor general under the PNC regime; and also because of his current double standard in support of his best friend, and leader of the AFC, Mr. Khemraj Ramjattan.Today I would like to further examine how Mr. Goolsarran’s credibility is severely damaged.
Michael Goolsarran is the son of Anand Goolsarran and was on the AFC’s list of candidates in the 2006 election cycle. Mr. Goolsarran senior is a known supporter of the AFC, which strongly opposes the PPP administration.
Mr. Goolsarran senior is also the Director of Transparency International, Guyana. While Transparency International is controversial on its own, Mr. Goolsarran senior adds to the controversy because of his intimately close ties to the Opposition. This alone damages his credibility as his hidden motive is to promote the interests of the AFC.
As if further evidence of his close ties to the AFC is needed, the AFC nominated Mr. Goolsarran senior to be the party’s representative to the Public Procurement Commission. The fact that he did not decline the nomination reflects his commitment to the AFC, its polices and its members.
Yet Mr. Goolsarran senior likes to present an allure of independence when he uses Transparency International, Guyana to label the current administration as corrupt, unethical and non-transparent. These acts of hypocrisy need to be examined and weighed as further reasons why Mr. Goolsarran senior lacks all credibility to tell any administration about transparency and corruption.
The same way he uses his column to cherry pick the issues that will benefit his best friend Mr. Ramjattan, he equally uses his reach and title with Transparency International to promote the interests of his son and the AFC by discrediting the PPP administration.
This is yet another example of why Mr. Goolsarran lacks any credibility to be a columnist, whether on accounting, corruption or governance.
Tomorrow I will continue my series on why Mr. Goolsarran senior should not be taken seriously as a columnist or as a defender of transparency and good governance.
RICHARD PAUL

Originally Posted by Conscience:

Unveiling Mr. Goolsarran’s shady past

IN my previous letter, I addressed the importance of credibility and the need for public figures and columnists to possess this attribute. The issue of credibility was specifically used to address that of the former Auditor General, Mr. Anand Goolsarran and his best friend Mr. Khemraj Ramjattan. I will now demonstrate via a series of examples, why Mr. Goolsarran severely lacks any semblance of credibility as a columnist on accounting and worse, as a former auditor general.
In the late 1980s, Mr. Goolsarran joined the Auditor General’s Office as the deputy auditor general and later became auditor general. His appointment and promotion however came with a price tag.
During his time under the PNC, Mr. Goolsarran remained silent on the blatant corrupt practices of that administration as apparently he was the recipient of their financial perks and protection. When the PPP took office and insisted on accountability, Mr. Goolsarran suddenly found his voice and began to attack the current administration under the guise of professionalism, when in fact he never had any.
The then Finance Minister Mr. Carl Greenidge (yes, the current APNU Parliamentarian) has a sister who was employed at the same audit office with Mr. Goolsarran. Under Goolsarran’s watch, the sister of the Minister of Finance was given a preferential scholarship to pursue her studies in the UK, catapulting more qualified and long-serving officers in that office. Goolsarran even tried to raise additional funds for her when she had to repeat some classes.
These actions by Mr. Goolsarran speaks for itself, that he has no credibility as he is indebted to the PNC  and must, at all lengths discredit the current administration for fear that his past deeds will be unveiled for the public to judge.
When Mr. Goolsarran speaks, the foundation of his career and his bias need to be taken into consideration. When these are brought to the forefront, it would be clear that he has no credibility to speak about corruption, accountability, justice and/or ethics, as he personally and professionally lack all of the above.
In my following letters, I will continue to unveil the shady past of Mr. Goolsarran.

RICHARD PAUL

 

Extracted from the Guyanachronicle

 

Goolsrran is a crab dawg who supported the corrupt and dirty PNC. Shame on this dirtbag.

I challenge Kwame Mc Coy to answer these questions
December 20, 2013 | By KNews | Filed Under Letters

Dear Editor,

A friend called me insisting that I tune in on the Mr. Kwame McCoy ‘Square Talk TV Program’ – he launched a vigorous personal attack on my character. From what I heard, allow me to state the following; then I will pose Mr. McCoy some questions, to which he has so far failed to give a truthful response. First, the billions he says are collected by Mayor and City Council and misspent by the Mayor is a colossal fabrication and an abuse of the media. The Mayor has absolutely nothing to do, I repeat nothing to do, with the spending of monies, this is within the purview of this Town Clerk imposed on us by the Minister, she signs all cheques and decides outside of the recommendations of the Mayor and City Council. So Mr. McCoy, if there is misspending, it is by the Minister/Town Clerk duo, not the Mayor.  What we have in this so called democracy is an administrative dictatorship.

Ms. Sooba modus operandi does not allow even for a discussion related to the spending of monies she, compliments of the Minister, is now the unqualified, imperial mistress at City Hall, unbelievable but true – so what nonsense is Mr.  McCoy talking about on his programme. We can understand why he is promoting an unqualified person to control the City a most unusual and unacceptable situation.  He says my yard is in a disgraceful state, normally every Mayor has his yard maintained by the Council, if it is in bad shape as he claims, it is compliments of his Town Clerk.

He next assaults the Mayor’s management – well well. Perhaps he is correct. I should have handled his case when employed at City Hall differently. Hence my question Mr. McCoy was my Special Assistant from November 1, 1997 and was allowed to resign on June 22, 1998 – an unusual time – Let us wonder why?  Let him tell his listeners why he resigned on the 22nd of a month. Maybe he can explain why he was asked to leave. Is it not true that had it not been for the compassion of Mayor Green, he would have been placed in the hands of the police – true or false – he can answer on his next program.  Mr. McCoy can tell us the whole story. Next, could he tell us if he knew a young boy by the name of Julius?  Mark Benschop, whom he attacked on the program, can help refresh his memory.

Third, does he know anyone employed in a high position in the office of the President who was deported from a certain Caribbean State? Does he know of anyone who cannot obtain a US visa and why? When this bold faced ‘gentleman’ responds truthfully, I will offer some more explanation referring to both he and Ms. Sooba, who he has declared is competent and trying to stop corruption.  They say cast the beam out of your own eye, before you see the speck in your brother’s eye.


Hamilton Green, J.P,

Originally Posted by Conscience:

Speaking of character assassination, the AFC has classified Mr.Yusuf as "bad goods" after he shade light of rampant corruption within the camp of that political gathering....

Lets imagine that Mr. Goolsarran is a scoundrel and he did indeed facilitated the scholarship for the lady in unscrupulous ways. Well, what of it? Is it not a bitch of a man that would do that? However, we do not know that he did since he was in a dictatorship and not in a democracy where merit ought to be the tradition.

 

But what do we have now? Ramotar sons are in cushy leech job. His daughter was catapulted to the WB, leapfrogging career professionals with superior credentials and long history of work. And that is one example of too many examples available since it is process for you creeps to do exactly what you protest is the hubris of others.

 

You creeps need to look in the present auditor office where you have a wife responsible for a husband and an  office  where a brother in law also works. How about Robert Persaud having his sister receiving license to an electromagnetic frequency and others of  close PPP kindred getting five others? Do not speak of nepotism when your backsides reek of the stench of nepotism and crony capitalism in vastly more disgusting ways.

 

To be on the safe side of this argument you need to be addressing Mr. Goolsarran directly on the merit of his claims. But lacking in any foundation to do so  since he is on cue with instances of truly industrial scale corrupt practices you have nowhere to go but to distraction

 

For the sake of argument we will accept the fellow as a scoundrel but since you are scoundrels alike we will call it even. Now lets get to the argument he makes and refute them point for point. Surely if your hands are clean there should be no problem with that.

Last edited by Former Member
Originally Posted by Danyael:
Originally Posted by Conscience:

Speaking of character assassination, the AFC has classified Mr.Yusuf as "bad goods" after he shade light of rampant corruption within the camp of that political gathering....

Lets imagine that Mr. Goolsarran is a scoundrel and he did indeed facilitated the scholarship for the lady in unscrupulous ways. Well, what of it? Is it not a bitch of a man that would do that? However, we do not know that he did since he was in a dictatorship and not in a democracy where merit ought to be the tradition.

 

But what do we have now? Ramotar sons are in cushy leech job. His daughter was catapulted to the WB, leapfrogging career professionals with superior credentials and long history of work. And that is one example of too many examples available since it is process for you creeps to do exactly what you protest is the hubris of others.

 

You creeps need to look in the present auditor office where you have a wife responsible for a husband and an  office  where a brother in law also works. How about Robert Persaud having his sister receiving license to an electromagnetic frequency and others of  close PPP kindred getting five others? Do not speak of nepotism when your backsides reek of the stench of nepotism and crony capitalism in vastly more disgusting ways.

 

To be on the safe side of this argument you need to be addressing Mr. Goolsarran directly on the merit of his claims. But lacking in any foundation to do so  since he is on cue with instances of truly industrial scale corrupt practices you have nowhere to go but to distraction

 

For the sake of argument we will accept the fellow as a scoundrel but since you are scoundrels alike we will call it even. Now lets get to the argument he makes and refute them point for point. Surely if your hands are clean there should be no problem with that.

Points well stated, Danyael.

There is more below the surface. Historically, the PPP has felt offended and has lashed back ruthlessly when East Indians stood up and spoke against PPP wrongdoings.

This has happened from the days of Dr J. P. Latchmansingh, Jai Narine Singh, Moses Bhagwan and Balram Singh Rai down to the days of Prakash Ramjattan and Moses Nagamootoo.

In contrast, the PPP has been relatively silent when blacks stood up and spoke against the party. Examples: Sidney King aka Eusi Kwayana, Martin Carter, Rory Westmaas, Miles Fitzpatrick, Ivan Remington.

Anand Goolsarran is a professional and experienced auditor who examined the national accounts and found inexplicable and mysterious transactions by PPP/C government functionaries. Just as night follows day, a nasty PPP lashback was expected to follow Goolsarran's revelations.

The same situation applies to professional accountant Christopher Ram. Note that the PPP is not as vicious to Rambo Gaskin as it is to Ram.

Let us not forget that the PPP is stealing money that belongs to the people. Why is the police not arresting these thieves? The police is independent of the government, and is therefore legally able to arrest any of the ministers and their buddies. There is no law that protects thieves, even those in government.

Originally Posted by Mr.T:

Let us not forget that the PPP is stealing money that belongs to the people. Why is the police not arresting these thieves? The police is independent of the government, and is therefore legally able to arrest any of the ministers and their buddies. There is no law that protects thieves, even those in government.

did you say those house slaves is independent of the the government come on now you know better

 

"Mr. McCoy was my Special Assistant from November 1, 1997 and was allowed to resign on June 22, 1998 – an unusual time – Let us wonder why?  Let him tell his listeners why he resigned on the 22nd of a month. Maybe he can explain why he was asked to leave. Is it not true that had it not been for the compassion of Mayor Green, he would have been placed in the hands of the police"

 

Hamilton [just call me "Hammie"] Green, J.P.

hmmmmm, my lord, . . . just WHO are the degenerate PPP 'delegates' responsible for electing this creature of JagdeoKwame McCoy, to the PPP Central Committee?

Last edited by Former Member

Add Reply

Post

×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×
×