Guyana News and Information makes message boards and an Internet E-mail Directory available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. In order to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) we have elected to prohibit participation in these areas by pre-teens. By posting in these areas you certify that you are at least 18 years of age or older.
Postings on Message Boards
It is important for you to remain aware that when you provide personal information (e.g., last name, address, phone number) in a posting on any message board or email directory, that information is available to other persons or users having access and use of that service, and may be used by someone in a manner unintended by you.
Report Abuse. Here's the deal: Please do not report abuse simply because you have a differing opinion of another poster. We all come from different backgrounds, have different views of the world therefore please respect one and other. If you have any questions please feel free to ask!
Sharing of your personal information (work place, home address, telephone numbers. personal pictures, family information, background heritage etc, etc) among board members is strictly up to each individual member.
GNI and Guyanafriends.com do not endorse such practices and advise their members to be prudent of what information they share with other board members. Guyana.org/Guyanafriends.com cannot be held responsible if a member discloses such information to anyone else.
In addition, a member should avoid giving out his/her forum username or password to anyone, and he/she should not disclose server logins and/or passwords to anyone other than the Administrators of this forum (for the sole purpose of either changing this information or requesting any kind of assistance with the management of his/her account).
Likewise members should refrain from sharing their login info with suspended members. If caught some of your permissions can be removed or your membership can be cancelled.
We discourage you from offering any personal identifying information within a posting to any message board and to be cautious in sharing your personal information via emails also.
With respect to our Discussion Forums,from time to time we monitor our list of members posting on our board. Members not actively participating in discussions on the board can have their membership cancelled or suspended. Such action is at the sole discretion of the Administrator.
Posting Rules: Unacceptable Conduct:
1) Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, racist, hateful, threatening, or that otherwise violate any laws. Please use good judgement when choosing user names, avatars, or images to post, inappropriate content will be removed without notice.
2) Personal attacks, rudeness, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. If you wish to challenge a member's point of view and opinions, then do so respectfully and thoughtfully.
3) Please make sure that your posts are positive, constructive, and on the topic. We may delete individual posts that could ruin a good topic thread. As much as we allow members to freely express their opinions. There is a limit as to what we will tolerate. If a member starts spreading lies, rumors or post mischievous/slanderous information that is disruptive to our community we will take the necessary actions as we see fit.
4) We reserve the right to remove any topics deemed inappropriate or disruptive to our community.
5) Do not make offensive posts, links or images. Do not post NSFW content. NSFW ("Not Safe For Work") is defined as anything that most people would not want seen by their bosses, parents or teachers. Do not use profanity, racial, ethnic, religious, or other slurs and stereotypes, or post sexually-oriented material, masturbatory and excretory references, or any other offensive material.
6) There should be no racial, ethnic, gender based insults or any other personal discriminations. (when used as a derogatory comment)
7) Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members. Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted. Do not use sweeping generalizations and plural pronouns to cloak personal attacks. For example if a poster(s) states that he thinks 'x' is a good idea, replying that "Anyone who supports 'x' is an idiot" is a personal attack.
8) Pornography, warez, or any other illegal transactions may NOT be linked in any shape or form.
9) The Administrators reserves the right to suspend or terminate the access of any participant to the forums at our sole discretion, at any time, and without a previous notification, if we feel it is in the interest of our community. We reserve the right to evaluate each incident on a case by case basis. The action we take may be more lenient or more severe than others.
10) While our discussion forums does enjoy being part of a community network, there will be times when what is posted on other sites, forums or blogs should remain there. Our members should be wary of re-posting contents from other sites that can be deemed as propaganda or mischievous. It is advisable to always post the source of articles.