My ten years on GNI.

quote:
Originally posted by Rosita:
I might even crash myself since I am an ole time student (1978).


Sorry to derail your thread Chief.


for sure Rosy!!! bring all them c/lodge peeps and come leh we dance up partybanana

hmmm...Karl is on ole time student too. U know anybody that can use this as an excuse to call he house and tell him or his wifey?????...oh she's a former student too clever
quote:
Originally posted by marcy:
quote:
Originally posted by Rosita:
I might even crash myself since I am an ole time student (1978).


Sorry to derail your thread Chief.


for sure Rosy!!! bring all them c/lodge peeps and come leh we dance up partybanana

hmmm...Karl is on ole time student too. U know anybody that can use this as an excuse to call he house and tell him or his wifey?????...oh she's a former student too clever


Congrats Chief and your are a really cool one.
As for Marcy and the Cummings Lodge Alumini , I'm from class of 75 .
quote:
Originally posted by cain:
Oh skites, 10 years, man dats about how long Iman been here too.

Just checked, this is when I started
March 05, 1999....12 years tarass.

I never been sent to the bench in all dem years.
Dude you were here as ken and another name that Nishal stole when the system broke. You were here in '97
quote:
Originally posted by Chief:
Thanks Ken...lang time na see wavey

Probably you used to hustle Marcy dunno Wink

Bai , times are tough and daughter in UNTO and Jet Blue not giving any specials. Just got hang in here for now.
As for Marcy can't say , I was a very shy guy growing up until I left Guyana to go back to Curacao.Back then G/T chicks had alot of "styles" ! Curacao was the bomb then there after
went to Sint Maarten and mean't my loving Wife . 21 years and going.
quote:
Originally posted by D2:
quote:
Originally posted by cain:
Oh skites, 10 years, man dats about how long Iman been here too.

Just checked, this is when I started
March 05, 1999....12 years tarass.

I never been sent to the bench in all dem years.


Dude you were here as ken and another name that Nishal stole when the system broke. You were here in '97




Really? Rass man you know me better than I know myself,hehe

I don't recall Nishal stealing the name, I thought it was our thinker who was the culprit.
Nishal was something else,wasn't he?
quote:
Originally posted by cain:
quote:
Originally posted by D2:
quote:
Originally posted by cain:
Oh skites, 10 years, man dats about how long Iman been here too.

Just checked, this is when I started
March 05, 1999....12 years tarass.

I never been sent to the bench in all dem years.


Dude you were here as ken and another name that Nishal stole when the system broke. You were here in '97




Really? Rass man you know me better than I know myself,hehe

I don't recall Nishal stealing the name, I thought it was our thinker who was the culprit.
Nishal was something else,wasn't he?
He had a feud with Marsha I think her name was...the admin and each week he would get banned and come back with a different version of the name. The system did not have the ability to block IP and you could write the keyword "script" plus use a specific key strokes combo to peek behind it. They later had the script keyword s blocked when Amral discovered the hole.
quote:
Originally posted by Chief:
D2 is one of the few people who can write the history of GNI.

D2 there was a poster on political that I used to enjoy, his name was Bushmaster.
Bushmaster is Kidmost cousin and a very brilliant research scientist( even if he was smitten with the Jagans and think the PPP's cup was the holy grail). We fought all the time. The most enjoyble poster on the political side was Haripersad/Hari/GOD. He wrote with a particularly amusing style and loved to cuss. In real life he is a very hard working man family man from rural circumstances who through his personal grit and strong will made a great life for himself
quote:
Originally posted by Kennys:
quote:
Originally posted by Chief:
Thanks Ken...lang time na see wavey

Probably you used to hustle Marcy dunno Wink

Bai , times are tough and daughter in UNTO and Jet Blue not giving any specials. Just got hang in here for now.
As for Marcy can't say , I was a very shy guy growing up until I left Guyana to go back to Curacao.Back then G/T chicks had alot of "styles" ! Curacao was the bomb then there after
went to Sint Maarten and mean't my loving Wife . 21 years and going.


kenny...dont worry with chief, he just trying to crank u Big Grin
besides..if u class of 75....darn, i need to call u uncle too, i was only 2 yrs ole yippie
so bring wifey out to the reunion. cheers
For Chief's 10 years on the board he deserves a trophy cup, in all who want to chip in so that we can buy Chief wan cup.? If ah doan raise enough money to buy a decent gift cup he is going to have to settle for a Posey. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Kennys:
quote:
Originally posted by Chief:
Thanks Ken...lang time na see wavey

Probably you used to hustle Marcy dunno Wink

Bai , times are tough and daughter in UNTO and Jet Blue not giving any specials. Just got hang in here for now.
As for Marcy can't say , I was a very shy guy growing up until I left Guyana to go back to Curacao.Back then G/T chicks had alot of "styles" ! Curacao was the bomb then there after
went to Sint Maarten and mean't my loving Wife . 21 years and going.


Kennys..hang in there..i see Westjet is really expensive now but they should be lowering it hopefully soon...will probably come bk when they do.. wavey
quote:
Originally posted by Riya:
quote:
Originally posted by Chief:

Must try it!! Wink


I'll pass Big Grin

Interesting to know what state of mind you were in to actually drink from a posey? And for your first drink at that too!


You have to actually go to Carnival and Trinidad to understand why everyone drink from Posey.

Its a Carnival tradition that is alive and well.
quote:
Originally posted by Chief:

You have to actually go to Carnival and Trinidad to understand why everyone drink from Posey.

Its a Carnival tradition that is alive and well.


I guess you follow traditions Smile

I have heard of the chamber pots at the carnival but I thought was because it was first introduced at the beginning of the steelpan days...along with garbage pails and any metal bins. Never knew they drank from it. Interesting.
quote:
Originally posted by Chief:
March 27th 2001 was when I made my first post on GNI and today 10 years later I am still here.

It was a wild, exciting and satisfying ride with many highs and just a few lows. Over the years I treated this group as family and had no regrets for doing so. GNI brought me many new friends and I have developed close relationships with a few that even brought me business. I have attended members and their relatives funerals and weddings. Met with GNIers for Christmas and summer dinners and even marched with a few at protests in NY and Washington. Had the privilege of hosting a few members from out of town and similar was reciprocated when I traveled.

There were so many memorable moments here, especially the many fights when GNI was at its peak. In the midst of all the debates and quarrels there were equal amount of fun and laughter. The low part was when a few active members passed away, that was sad.

As with any group or family there are always people who are miserable, encountered just a few over the 10 years. Many of the miserable ones ran themselves off the group and the one or two who are remaining continues to fight with everyone.

I know I have spent way too many hours here and should have been doing more work however many times I said I will quit but I guess GNI is very addictive. I have tried to limit my posts to evening hours but like every thing else do get caught up, sometimes during the day.

All in all it was an enjoyable 10 years!!!!

Thank you GNI and thanks to all my fellow members, both past and present. cheers wavey


Chiefy, congratulations on your decade of posting on GNI! Ten years with the same nick- that's commendable. I just joined in 2008 and I'm on my 3rd nickSmile

Add Reply

Likes (0)

×
×
×
×
×