Skip to main content

September 19 ,2020

Source

The Guyana Police Force yesterday announced that dozens of ranks found nothing of “evidential” value for the investigation into the murders of teenaged cousins Isaiah and Joel Henry after hours of combing the backlands of No.  2 and   No. 3 villages, West Coast Berbice (WCB) on Thursday.

Nevertheless, as the probe continues, the police said investigators are pursuing “all” leads in their search for two suspects and any other individual/s responsible for the crime.

Police spokesman Assistant Commissioner Royston Andries-Junor made this disclosure in a press statement yesterday morning.

He said a “methodical” search was carried out in the backlands of No. 2 and No. 3 villages, between 7am and 2pm on Thursday by a total of 75 ranks, drawn from Region Five, the Criminal Investigation Department’s Major Crimes Unit and the Guyana Defence Force (GDF) led by Commander of Region Five Edmond Cooper and a Lieutenant Colonel. They were also accompanied by government pathologist Dr Nehaul Singh.

Ranks on the ground also received aerial support via a helicopter from the GDF. “However, nothing of evidential value was found,” the police added.

The update came days after the police announced that investigations revealed that Henrys were not killed at the location where their bodies were found. “…Preliminary findings showed that the bodies of the Henry boys were discovered at a secondary crime scene,” the police had said in a statement.

This means that the heinous murders were not committed where the bodies were found. “Person(s) moved the bodies after the murder and placed them at the locations where they were subsequently discovered,” the force had explained.

It was noted that forensic evidence was found at the secondary crime scene and has since been collected, preserved and submitted to the Guyana Forensic Laboratory for DNA analysis.

The police had also said that DNA samples were also collected from the suspects who had been taken into custody and they were sent for a comparative analysis to be conducted against the forensic evidence collected from the secondary crime scene.

The results are expected within the next three weeks.

Two Sundays ago, the police said that the bodies of the cousins were found about 600 feet from each other in clumps of bushes near to a coconut farm on the WCB.

Isaiah, 16, a student at the Woodley Park Secondary School, and Joel, 18, who worked at the Blairmont Estate, went missing on Saturday, September 5th, after they left home for the Cotton Tree backlands to pick coconuts.

After they did not return home, relatives lodged missing persons’ reports with the police and subsequently launched a search. It was while searching that the mutilated bodies of the teens were discovered.

Autopsies performed on the bodies of the teenagers showed that they both died from haemorrhage and shock due to multiple wounds.

Days after the killing, Haresh Singh, a relative of one of the suspects in the matter was also murdered, in what is believed to be a retaliation killing. 

A number of persons, including the owner of a coconut estate were arrested and questioned in relation to the murder of the Henrys. However, they were subsequently placed on station bail and are required to make “scheduled” visits to the Blairmont Police Station.

In addition, the police added that they are actively pursuing two suspects.

In an address to the nation of the evening of September 9th, President Irfaan Ali had announced that he will be mobilising help from the Regional Security Service (RSS) of the Caribbean and the UK government to bolster the investigative capacity of the police force as they probe the murders of the teenagers in the village of Cotton Tree as well as the “criminality which led to the disruption of lives along the Region Five corridor.”

Stabroek News was reliably informed that the authorities met on Thursday to discuss a plan ahead of the arrival of a team from the RSS.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You see how  the Diehard PNC Police were QUICK to arrest the Indian coconut Estate owner. 

 This is certainly GANG related, and the doings of drug related.

 Wasn't Joel Henry the student that attacked his school teacher, Prappa good bwoy.

Cops arrest five over murders of Henry cousins

Police have arrested five more persons as they continue to investigate the murders of teenaged cousins Isaiah and Joel Henry, whose mutilated bodies were found at Cotton Tree, West Coast Berbice (WCB), two Sundays ago.

 

Speaking to Sunday Stabroek yesterday,  Crime Chief Wendell  Blanhum confirmed that the suspects were arrested on Friday.

He said investigators were able to establish that among those in custody are individuals who allegedly saw the Henrys on the day before their bodies were discovered. 

Blanhum said the suspects were detained after they initially denied that the saw the cousins on the day in question.

Why was the land owner arrested in the first place? This Blanhum seems to be square peg in a round hole? Also he seems to be on a fishing trip where you catch and release. At end the end of the day, you have not captured anything.

What about the murder of Haresh? Indian lives matter too.

@Prashad posted:

No evidence. That means that they were not killed in the backdam.

Damn Sherlock, you are good! Do you charge for your analysis? What forms of payment do you take? Cash, credit cards, or bitcoins.

@skeldon_man posted:

Damn Sherlock, you are good! Do you charge for your analysis? What forms of payment do you take? Cash, credit cards, or bitcoins.

At least I am not like Uncle Willie. He took Mr. Sawh gold credit card to extract money.

Another suspect held over murder of Henry cousins

-foreign probe help closer

September 22 ,2020

Source

The police have arrested a sixth suspect in connection with the gruesome murders of teenaged cousins  Isiah and Joel Henry and the five others who were  detained earlier this week were set to be released last evening.

Speaking to Stabroek News yesterday, Crime Chief Wendell  Blanhum confirmed that the sixth  suspect was arrested on Sunday.  He remained in police custody up to yesterday.

Meanwhile, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs yesterday clarified the framework under which CARICOM investigative support is being elicited.

It said that “The Government of The Cooperative Republic of Guyana made a request for investigative services to CARICOM IMPACS, under the Regional Investigative Management Systems (RIMS) to assist in the investigation of the double homicide of two young men from Cotton Tree, Berbice (and the murder of Haresh Singh). IMPACS will convene a team of investigators under RIMS Barbados, Trinidad & Tobago, the Regional Security System and CARICOM IMPACS”.

According to Blanhum,  the five other suspects who were arrested on Friday were scheduled to be released last evening after their maximum 72-hours detention period expired. He said they will however have to report to the police from today as the probe continues.

Blanhum had previously told this newspaper that among the five suspects were individuals who allegedly saw the Henrys  on September  4th,  one day before their bodies were discovered. He had said that the suspects were taken into custody after they initially denied that they saw the dead teenagers on the day in question.

Stabroek News was  reliably informed that two of the five suspects were previously  detained during the early stages of the investigation. They are  both related to Haresh Singh, the teenager who was allegedly murdered days after the Henrys  in what police believe is a reprisal killing.

Two Sundays ago, the police said that the bodies of the cousins were found about 600 feet from each other in clumps of bush near to a coconut farm on the WCB.

Isaiah, 16, a student at the Woodley Park Secon-dary School, and Joel, 18, who worked at the Blair-mont Estate, went missing on Saturday, September 5, after they left home for the Cotton Tree backlands to pick coconuts.

After they did not return home, relatives lodged missing persons’ reports with the police and subsequently launched a search. It was while searching that the bodies of the teens were discovered.

Autopsies performed on the bodies of the teenagers showed that they both died from haemorrhage and shock due to multiple wounds.

A number of persons, including the owner of a coconut estate were arrested and questioned in relation to the murder of the  Henrys. However,  they were subsequently placed on station bail.

The arrests of the five suspects came on Friday, hours after the police announced that after combing the backlands of the No.  2 and   No. 3 Villages, WCB,  dozens of ranks found nothing of  “evidential”  value for the investigation into the  murder of the Henrys.

Police spokesman Assistant Commissioner Royston Andries-Junor had said that a “methodical” search was carried out in the backlands of No.2 and No.3 Villages,  WCB between 7am and 2pm Thursday by a total of seventy-five ranks which included members of the Criminal Investigation Department‘s (CID)  Major Crimes Unit and Region Five.

The team was headed by Police Commander of Region Five Edmond Cooper and a Lieutenant Colonel.  They were also accompanied by Govern-ment Pathologist Dr Nehaul Singh. 

“Ranks on the ground also received aerial support via a helicopter from the Guyana Defence Force (GDF). However, nothing of evidential value was found,” the police said.

During last week, the police had said that investigations revealed that the Henrys were not killed at the location where their bodies were found. “…Pre-liminary findings showed that the bodies of the Henry boys were discovered at a secondary crime scene,” the police in a statement had said.

This means that the heinous murders were not committed where the bodies were found. “Person(s) moved the bodies after the murder and placed them at the locations where they were subsequently discovered,” the police added.

Forensic evidence was found at the secondary crime scene and has since been collected, preserved and submitted to the Guy-ana Forensic Laboratory for DNA analysis.

The police had also said that DNA samples were also collected from the suspects who were in custody and sent for a comparative analysis to be conducted against the forensic evidence collected from the secondary crime scene.

The results are expected within the next three weeks.

In an address to the nation on the evening  of September 9th, President Irfaan Ali had announced that he will  be mobilizing help from the Regional Security Service (RSS) of the Caribbean and the UK government to bolster the investigative capacity of the police force as they probe the murders of the teenagers in the village of Cotton Tree as well as the “criminality which led to the disruption of lives along the Region Five corridor.”

We will seek to use all available tools in not only solving these crimes but also in getting a comprehensive and holistic picture as to all the events surrounding what took place thereafter,” Ali had said.

This newspaper was reliably informed that the authorities met on Thursday to discuss a plan ahead of the arrival of a team from the RSS and affiliated bodies.

Attorney General and Minister of Legal Affairs Anil Nandlall on Sunday told Stabroek News that the draft terms  of reference and a  Memorandum of Understanding for the investigations to be led  by the RSS officials into the murders of the Henrys and Singh have been completed and should be processed this week by the AG’s Chambers.

“The President has committed to the establishment of a Commission of Inquiry comprising of both local and international personnel of high calibre to investigate the circumstances surrounding the death of the three young men in Berbice and the violent aftermath which flowed therefrom,” Nandlall had said.

“The terms of reference would include the role of politicians, if any, it will examine the response of the law enforcement agency it will examine the violence and the perpetrators of the violence which flowed as the aftermath and will also consider appropriate compensation for those who suffered in terms of personal injuries and proprietary interest,” he added.

Police confirm Henry teens were not killed in coconut field

3 days ago, September 26, 2020, Source - https://citizensreportgy.com/?p=16728

https://i2.wp.com/citizensreportgy.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/15994812175572.jpg?resize=660%2C330&ssl=1

The Guyana Police Force has revealed that 16-yearold Isaiah and 19-year-old Joel Henry were murdered in one location and then their bodies transported to the Coconut Estate on which they were discovered close to earlier this month. The badly-mutilated bodies of Isiah and Joel were discovered almost one day after they went missing.

 Their disappearance prompted family members to launch several search parties to look for them. After hours of searching, the badly-chopped bodies were discovered among the bushes and were partially covered in mud. The Guyana Police Force (GPF) in a statement said, “Meaning that the heinous murders were not committed where the bodies were found. Person(s) moved the bodies after the murder and placed them at the locations where they were subsequently discovered.

Further, after the crime scene ranks classified the location where the bodies were discovered as a secondary crime scene, forensic evidence was discovered at the said area.” Investigators said that forensic evidence was identified, collected, preserved and submitted to the Guyana Forensic Laboratory for DNA analysis to be conducted.

DNA samples were also collected from the suspects who were in custody and sent for a comparative analysis to be conducted against the forensic evidence collected from the secondary crime scene. The Police Force said that results are expected within three weeks.

“At this time, the investigators are actively in search of the primary crime scene which would greatly assist in the probe as it will have an abundance of evidence linking the perpetrators to the crime. The investigators are all actively following up every lead and information received from members of the public who have come forward to assist investigators,” the Force said.

According to the police, all the suspects that were in custody, initially, have been released on bail but are to report to the Blairmont Police Station at scheduled times. Additionally, Police are actively pursuing two other suspects. Investigators committed to ensuring that justice is served for the Henry cousins.

The post-mortem examination (PME), conducted on the badly mutilated bodies of Joel and Isaiah found that the teenagers died as a result of haemorrhage and shock owing to the extent of their wounds. The teens were laid to rest on Sunday (September 13, 2020).

Add Reply

Post

×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×
×