quote:
Originally posted by D2:
When there is a wedding there is always lots of happy faces because the occasion if for family. This would be no less since it is a gathering of the dispensers of soup and soup drinkers in our autocracy.

Bai well Guyana got plenty soup drinkers. But dem bais seh you does drink something else though.
Is a pity we ain't gon give you any soup
quote:
Originally posted by D2:
Linden is voting as they did in the past with any improvement of party numbers going to the AFC


Dont be too sure of that. People need food. The AFC hasnt offered any. Politricks in the Caribbean is about patronage and he who has it to give gets the votes.

Dont know whats going to happen but dont think the PPP hasnt acceived some thing here. Go to their website and in your face is something about teh African Holocaust followed by some thing about Amerindians. Its obvious what their plan is. They know the Guyanese masses can eb swayed by patronage here and there....if not to vote for them then at least not to vote against them.

The PPP wants to ensure that blacks, seeing a weak PNC, not knowing of what relevance the AFC is to them, "knowing" the PPP will win, will decide not to vote...reducing the pool of anti PPP voters/

Most likely there will be a serious drop in turn out in Linden. In 2006 numbers were down over 30% from 2001. I expect an even bigger drop this time.


I do not think the AFC will gain enough votes to offset a crumbling PNC...most of whose supporters will not vote.
quote:
Originally posted by caribj:
quote:
Originally posted by D2:
Linden is voting as they did in the past with any improvement of party numbers going to the AFC


Dont be too sure of that. People need food. The AFC hasnt offered any. Politricks in the Caribbean is about patronage and he who has it to give gets the votes.

Dont know whats going to happen but dont think the PPP hasnt acceived some thing here. Go to their website and in your face is something about teh African Holocaust followed by some thing about Amerindians. Its obvious what their plan is. They know the Guyanese masses can eb swayed by patronage here and there....if not to vote for them then at least not to vote against them.

The PPP wants to ensure that blacks, seeing a weak PNC, not knowing of what relevance the AFC is to them, "knowing" the PPP will win, will decide not to vote...reducing the pool of anti PPP voters/

Most likely there will be a serious drop in turn out in Linden. In 2006 numbers were down over 30% from 2001. I expect an even bigger drop this time.


I do not think the AFC will gain enough votes to offset a crumbling PNC...most of whose supporters will not vote.
people need food,do you read what you is saying.you saying the ppp think these people is a bunch dogs,and they have to give them food.that is what they reduce the people of linden to.they depend on the government for a living
quote:
Originally posted by Demerara_Guy:
quote:
Originally posted by caribj:



The votes appear to be primarily between the PPP/C and PNCR.


Of the 20k registered 12k will not vote, meaning that the "Dont Vote" Party wins.
quote:
Originally posted by warrior:
people need food,do you read what you is saying.you saying the ppp think these people is a bunch dogs,and they have to give them food.that is what they reduce the people of linden to.they depend on the government for a living


Show me meetings in Lidnen when they poured out to hear the AFC the way that some appeared to make the PPP look good. YOU CANT. OK. So continue to philosophize when Lindeners refuse to vote in their thousands thinking a PPP victory is inevitable so voting is a waste of time.

I doubt Linden will vote PPP. However a low turn out in an anti PPP area will ensure that there are insufficient votes to offset PPP victories in their strongholds. Note if the PPP gets 75% instead of their normal 95% in PPP areas they still won.

Face it the AFC goofed. They thought they had the urban black vote in the bag so they put all their resources to get teh Berbice vote. Now too late they see their error. What tehy afiled to understand is they NEVER had the urban vote. The PNC had, and with that party collapsing the "Dont Plan to Vote" party has made big inroads.
quote:
Originally posted by caribj:

Show me meetings in Lidnen when they poured out to hear the AFC the way that some appeared to make the PPP look good. YOU CANT. OK. So continue to philosophize when Lindeners refuse to vote in their thousands thinking a PPP victory is inevitable so voting is a waste of time.

I doubt Linden will vote PPP. However a low turn out in an anti PPP area will ensure that there are insufficient votes to offset PPP victories in their strongholds. Note if the PPP gets 75% instead of their normal 95% in PPP areas they still won.

Face it the AFC goofed. They thought they had the urban black vote in the bag so they put all their resources to get teh Berbice vote. Now too late they see their error. What tehy afiled to understand is they NEVER had the urban vote. The PNC had, and with that party collapsing the "Dont Plan to Vote" party has made big inroads.


Don't go beating up on the poor AFC. The fact is that the pPP improved the lives of many Black Guyanese, a fact that I have been trying to hammer in your brain for the past several years ever since the FF's were neutralized via allegiance with Khan. People just don't want to see food lines anymore under those intent on destroying the progress made under the PPP.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post

×
×
×
×
×