Skip to main content

quote:
cause Mother India was the #1 everyone knew about with #2 Choti Bahen,then #3 Nagin,not sure on the other...can't recall Babul..have seen the others...would yu believe we had the 78 lp of Baiju Bawra in GY...playing on that sm hand turn type player...oh what a golden time indeed..those yester years..


Choti Bahen: was really a tear jerker, my mom cried and cried when she saw this one:

And then there was the song by our own DAVENDRA POORAN

JAWO KAHA BATAII DIL, DUNIYA BHARI HAIN SAMDIL

It is a pity we do not have a copy or link for Pooran's Version:

.
quote:
Originally posted by asj:
quote:
cause Mother India was the #1 everyone knew about with #2 Choti Bahen,then #3 Nagin,not sure on the other...can't recall Babul..have seen the others...would yu believe we had the 78 lp of Baiju Bawra in GY...playing on that sm hand turn type player...oh what a golden time indeed..those yester years..


Choti Bahen: was really a tear jerker, my mom cried and cried when she saw this one:

And then there was the song by our own DAVENDRA POORAN

JAWO KAHA BATAII DIL, DUNIYA BHARI HAIN SAMDIL

It is a pity we do not have a copy or link for Pooran's Version:

.


i have some of his songs on cassettes...hey wait mintue....he is on a link...will check...back soon...
quote:
Originally posted by RQ:
Asj i went to check my collection..I recall buying this movie..Albela..Bhagwan was the star with Geeta Bali..other oldies worth mention was Dularie..I also have Navrang and Sehra...i love the song Pankh udti urjati re..its on youtube..


God why did I not remember "DULARI" How can anyone forget Sohani Raat dhal chuke?

Now I know why Dulari was 1949: Big Grin

.
quote:
Originally posted by RQ:
quote:
Originally posted by asj:
quote:
cause Mother India was the #1 everyone knew about with #2 Choti Bahen,then #3 Nagin,not sure on the other...can't recall Babul..have seen the others...would yu believe we had the 78 lp of Baiju Bawra in GY...playing on that sm hand turn type player...oh what a golden time indeed..those yester years..


Choti Bahen: was really a tear jerker, my mom cried and cried when she saw this one:

And then there was the song by our own DAVENDRA POORAN

JAWO KAHA BATAII DIL, DUNIYA BHARI HAIN SAMDIL

It is a pity we do not have a copy or link for Pooran's Version:

.


i have some of his songs on cassettes...hey wait mintue....he is on a link...will check...back soon...


BABLA MEHTA: Jaaoon kahan Bata Ae Dil - Cchoti Behen(1959).mp3
quote:
Originally posted by asj:
quote:
Originally posted by RQ:
Asj i went to check my collection..I recall buying this movie..Albela..Bhagwan was the star with Geeta Bali..other oldies worth mention was Dularie..I also have Navrang and Sehra...i love the song Pankh udti urjati re..its on youtube..


God why did I not remember "DULARI" How can anyone forget Sohani Raat dhal chuke?

Now I know why Dulari was 1949: Big Grin

.


i knew i would get you on this..bought the movie just for that timeless song...while watching the movie...i replay dat songs ooohhh
quote:
Originally posted by RQ:
quote:
Originally posted by Nehru:
I believe WAQT would be on a lot of people's list.


not the new one but the old one with 'laga chunari mein daag'.... Smile


Aha, I know that I am going to catch you, you are thinking from Waqt "Ai Meri Zohra Jabeen" by Manna Dey.
The song " 'laga chunari mein daag'" by Manna Dey was taken from the Raj Kapoor starer "Dil Hi Tu Hai"

Hey RQ Waqt from the 60's deserves to be on the list, it is one that I have on DVD and I always go to that one song.

.
quote:
Originally posted by asj:
quote:
Originally posted by RQ:
quote:
Originally posted by Nehru:
I believe WAQT would be on a lot of people's list.


not the new one but the old one with 'laga chunari mein daag'.... Smile


Aha, I know that I am going to catch you, you are thinking from Waqt "Ai Meri Zohra Jabeen" by Manna Dey.
The song " 'laga chunari mein daag'" by Manna Dey was taken from the Raj Kapoor starer "Dil Hi Tu Hai"

Hey RQ Waqt from the 60's deserves to be on the list, it is one that I have on DVD and I always go to that one song.

.


you got m there...but I saw knew that laga was by Manna Dey..but on youtube I saw it said 'Dil hi tu hai and it seems messed up...got me wondering what was goin on and I got confuse...should a stick with my gy guys..
HINDI MOVIES: TOP FIVE

THE THOUGHT OF SELECTING 10 FILMS THAT WERE THE BEST IN THE 60'S IS ALMOST NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE:

HOWEVER AFTER LISTING MY TEN, I KNOW THAT THERE WILL BE DISAPPOINTMENT BECAUSE THE FAVORITES OF SOME OF US WILL BE MISSING.......THIS I APOLOGIES FOR, AND I SURELY HOPE THAT THOSE THAT I MISSED CAN BE CALSSIFIED AS "HONORABLE MENTIONED:"



1) MUGHAL E AZAM(1960)

2) JUNGLEE (1961)

3) JAB PYAR KISISE HOTA HAI (1961)

4) MAIN CHUP RAHUNGI (1962)

5) DOSTI (1964)

6) GUIDE (1965)

7) WAQT (1965)

8) UPKAR (1967)

9)SAATHI (1968)

10)EK PHOOL DO MALI (1969)



HONORABLE MENTIONED COULD HAVE EASILY FALLS IN THE BEST CATEGORY:

Ganga Jamuna (1961)

Baat Ek Raat Ki (1962)

Bees Saal Baad (1962)

Hariyali Aur Raasta (1962)

Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam (1962)

Taj Mahal (1963)

Dil Ek Mandir (1963)

Woh Kaun Thi (1964)

Beti Bete (1964)

Himalay Ki God Mein (1965)

Jab Jab Phool Khile (1965)

Baharen Phir Bhi Aayengi (1966)

Aaye Din Bahaar Ke (1966)

Teesri Manzil (1966)

Dil Diya Dard Liya (1966)

Do Badan (1966)

Farz (1967)

Hamraaz (1967)

Ram Aur Shyam (1967)

Aadmi (1968)

Neel Kamal (1968)

Aya Sawan Jhoom Ke (1969)

Jeene Ki Raah (1969)

Do Raaste (1969)


We can add some more in the honorable mentioned list.....what is your choice?

ARE WE MISSING ANY? YOUR THOUGHTS

.