Government should buy Berbice river bridge - Jagdeo.

Gov’t should buyout Berbice River Bridge – Jagdeo

September 26, 2015 6:09 am Category: Politics A+ / A-

By Fareeza Haniff

Berbice Bridge

Berbice Bridge

[www.inewsguyana.com] – Leader of the opposition People’s Progressive Party (PPP), Bharrat Jagdeo is advocating for the APNU+AFC government to buyout the Berbice River Bridge from its shareholders if it is serious about reducing the tolls.

Jagdeo made the suggestion at a press conference held at Freedom House on Friday, September 25, where he revealed that the government has enough money to reach a settlement with the Bridge Company.

The toll reduction was slated to be reduced since September 01, but the BBCI has refused to do so amid claims that it runs the risk of becoming bankrupt.

The Company also chastised the government for arriving at such a decision, without first consulting with the Bridge officials and rushing to fulfill a promise which it made to the electorate during its election campaign.

The APNU+AFC administration has however set aside $36M as a subsidy for the BBCI this year. This too was rejected by the officials but according to Jagdeo, he recently met with members of the Berbice business community, who are urging the PPP to get involved in the negotiations.

Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo

Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo

Jagdeo used the opportunity to criticize the government for subsidizing the toll with $36M while “$60M was budgeted for the Prime Minister to fix up his house and to buy a vehicle.”

“So they had more room to do much more in relation to the Bridge; you still have about $30B in the semi autonomous agencies – the so called private accounts that the government can transfer anytime and should have transferred based on their election promise. There is still about $30B held out there that they can use, I think, if they want, to negotiate a settlement and take back the bridge,” Jagdeo told the news conference.

He reiterated that there is a lot of room for discussion.

“I think they need to sit down and talk and find a solution so they can fulfill their electoral promise and we’ll support anything that brings down the fare for the Berbice Bridge… any solution that they come up with in the Parliament that treats everyone fairly,” the Opposition Leader noted.

 

......................................................................................

 

Now that the government got Jagdeo and his greedy 'fiends' by the balls, they want to talk. Screw them. 

Original Post

Why do we want more gov't. involvement in business?  Haven't we learned that the Guyana gov't. is the worst when it comes to running a business and provide any sort of services to the public? If they succeed in buying out the bridge from private investors it would send a terrible message to investors - invest with the risk of a government take-over. 

Originally Posted by Billy Ram Balgobin:

Why do we want more gov't. involvement in business?  Haven't we learned that the Guyana gov't. is the worst when it comes to running a business and provide any sort of services to the public? If they succeed in buying out the bridge from private investors it would send a terrible message to investors - invest with the risk of a government take-over. 

Because a bridge that the public relies on as an essential facility cannot be subjected to extortion by a private enterprise. Private enterprises are for goods and services where choice is involved.

If this is a case of extortion by the investors then it should be taken to a court of law and let a judge or jury decide whether it is so or not. If there is extortion then the courts should impose a fine and force the board of directors to make changes. However, to exploit an issue for political reasons and haphazardly place this bridge under gov't control would lead to more inefficiencies and greater corruption. in the end taxpayers would pay a greater price. Do you we want more waste of our tax dollars?  If we do let's put more economic activities under the control of gov't.

Originally Posted by Billy Ram Balgobin:

If this is a case of extortion by the investors then it should be taken to a court of law and let a judge or jury decide whether it is so or not. If there is extortion then the courts should impose a fine and force the board of directors to make changes. However, to exploit an issue for political reasons and haphazardly place this bridge under gov't control would lead to more inefficiencies and greater corruption. in the end taxpayers would pay a greater price. Do you we want more waste of our tax dollars?  If we do let's put more economic activities under the control of gov't.

The interest of the people by the government has and will always be a political issue. There is a distinct difference between revenue/expenditure and income/profit/loss.

Originally Posted by Ramakant-P:

Jagdeo keeps on schooling the brothers how to manage the economy. This government is corrupt and a pack of dunces.  

The most corrupt man telling the government to by back an asset in which it has some 90 percent of the investment! It should just take it back since they are not good managers!!!

 

I guess only the only smart people for you are a bunch of indian crooks in collusion!

Originally Posted by Danyael:
Originally Posted by Ramakant-P:

Jagdeo keeps on schooling the brothers how to manage the economy. This government is corrupt and a pack of dunces.  

The most corrupt man telling the government to by back an asset in which it has some 90 percent of the investment! It should just take it back since they are not good managers!!!

 

I guess only the only smart people for you are a bunch of indian crooks in collusion!

You should stick to arguing for Cassava pone!!

Originally Posted by ksazma:
Originally Posted by Billy Ram Balgobin:

If this is a case of extortion by the investors then it should be taken to a court of law and let a judge or jury decide whether it is so or not. If there is extortion then the courts should impose a fine and force the board of directors to make changes. However, to exploit an issue for political reasons and haphazardly place this bridge under gov't control would lead to more inefficiencies and greater corruption. in the end taxpayers would pay a greater price. Do you we want more waste of our tax dollars?  If we do let's put more economic activities under the control of gov't.

The interest of the people by the government has and will always be a political issue. There is a distinct difference between revenue/expenditure and income/profit/loss.

Really!

Originally Posted by baseman:
Originally Posted by Danyael:
Originally Posted by Ramakant-P:

Jagdeo keeps on schooling the brothers how to manage the economy. This government is corrupt and a pack of dunces.  

The most corrupt man telling the government to by back an asset in which it has some 90 percent of the investment! It should just take it back since they are not good managers!!!

 

I guess only the only smart people for you are a bunch of indian crooks in collusion!

You should stick to arguing for Cassava pone!!

As I said...indian crooks...and those like you lacking  an ounce of morality to anchor their thoughts! You folks are empty people....you live clinging to a sick hive mentality and not of consequence any place else except in your own heads.

Originally Posted by baseman:
Originally Posted by Danyael:
Originally Posted by Ramakant-P:

Jagdeo keeps on schooling the brothers how to manage the economy. This government is corrupt and a pack of dunces.  

The most corrupt man telling the government to by back an asset in which it has some 90 percent of the investment! It should just take it back since they are not good managers!!!

 

I guess only the only smart people for you are a bunch of indian crooks in collusion!

You should stick to arguing for Cassava pone!!

Typical PPP... When they  are unable to articulate properly. Its either degrade to conquer, or racism to divide.

 

Jagdeo schooling them in economy management to fill their pockets.

Right on Jagdeo, screw the poor, who vote for you.  

Originally Posted by Tola:
Originally Posted by baseman:
Originally Posted by Danyael:
Originally Posted by Ramakant-P:

Jagdeo keeps on schooling the brothers how to manage the economy. This government is corrupt and a pack of dunces.  

The most corrupt man telling the government to by back an asset in which it has some 90 percent of the investment! It should just take it back since they are not good managers!!!

 

I guess only the only smart people for you are a bunch of indian crooks in collusion!

You should stick to arguing for Cassava pone!!

Typical PPP... When they  are unable to articulate properly. Its either degrade to conquer, or racism to divide.

 

Jagdeo schooling them in economy management to fill their pockets.

Right on Jagdeo, screw the poor, who vote for you.  


Do you know why the PPP thinks that they won the election.  Because they screamed "black man a go kill ahbe" in Berbice, terrifying the Indian vote.  Forgot that 60% of the voters live in Demerara, and were shocked when huge numbers turned out to REJECT their bigotry.

 

The PPP thinks that Demerara folks cannot vote, so they do not matter, so can be ignored.

Originally Posted by caribny:
Originally Posted by Billy Ram Balgobin:

Why do we want more gov't. involvement in business?

A bridge isn't a business.  It is public infrastructure.  How much money did the private sector actually invest in this bridge?

The bridge was a con job. I said so when it was in the planning state. Others said the same. Ram was commenting on this sick arrangement for as long as they were building this thing.

 

As you say this is not business. If it were the would have built it at the turn of the river leveraging the money like the did for the Marriott or the stadium but it is what it is....straight up a leech job. They can get the money when they want to but not to capitalize critical industry. They simply used the funds to capitalize their friends.

 

I have not heard any say the stadium has  hooks. I am sure it does if one looks closely. It has to have a leech option. The PPP never did anything except they get a cut.  Maybe it was their practice case but whatever it was it should be examined so we know.

 

 

Originally Posted by Tola:
Originally Posted by baseman:
Originally Posted by Danyael:
Originally Posted by Ramakant-P:

Jagdeo keeps on schooling the brothers how to manage the economy. This government is corrupt and a pack of dunces.  

The most corrupt man telling the government to by back an asset in which it has some 90 percent of the investment! It should just take it back since they are not good managers!!!

 

I guess only the only smart people for you are a bunch of indian crooks in collusion!

You should stick to arguing for Cassava pone!!

Typical PPP... When they  are unable to articulate properly. Its either degrade to conquer, or racism to divide.

 

Jagdeo schooling them in economy management to fill their pockets.

Right on Jagdeo, screw the poor, who vote for you.  

What is there to articulate, I was responding to the red text and responded appropriately.  This clown is a joke.

Originally Posted by caribny:
Originally Posted by Tola:
Originally Posted by baseman:
Originally Posted by Danyael:
Originally Posted by Ramakant-P:

Jagdeo keeps on schooling the brothers how to manage the economy. This government is corrupt and a pack of dunces.  

The most corrupt man telling the government to by back an asset in which it has some 90 percent of the investment! It should just take it back since they are not good managers!!!

 

I guess only the only smart people for you are a bunch of indian crooks in collusion!

You should stick to arguing for Cassava pone!!

Typical PPP... When they  are unable to articulate properly. Its either degrade to conquer, or racism to divide.

 

Jagdeo schooling them in economy management to fill their pockets.

Right on Jagdeo, screw the poor, who vote for you.  


Do you know why the PPP thinks that they won the election.  Because they screamed "black man a go kill ahbe" in Berbice, terrifying the Indian vote.  Forgot that 60% of the voters live in Demerara, and were shocked when huge numbers (of Indians) turned out to REJECT their bigotry.

 

The PPP thinks that Demerara folks cannot vote, so they do not matter, so can be ignored.

We know, Nagamootoo was underestimated by the PPP boys.

Originally Posted by caribny:
Originally Posted by baseman:
 

We know, Nagamootoo was underestimated by the PPP boys.

5% isn't huge numbers.  Continue to ignore the growing mixed vote.

The Mixed people were treated fairly by the PPP.  They are ungrateful and will suffer at the hands of the PNC. 

Originally Posted by baseman:
Originally Posted by Danyael:
Originally Posted by Ramakant-P:

Jagdeo keeps on schooling the brothers how to manage the economy. This government is corrupt and a pack of dunces.  

The most corrupt man telling the government to by back an asset in which it has some 90 percent of the investment! It should just take it back since they are not good managers!!!

 

I guess only the only smart people for you are a bunch of indian crooks in collusion!

You should stick to arguing for Cassava pone!!

And what may I ask that in your esteemed view you are equipped to argue? To this point I am yet to see any substantial arguments from you but then again you may truly believe that the above retort is profound.

 

Let me reiterate, you believe as Rama the drunk that jagdeo and his corrupt coolie crew consisting of  bobby the boob, Geeta Of Clico failure etc are schooling us when they fabricated this scheme to prey on poor berbicians! If you do then indeed you are among the community of sheep who think Jagdeo was good for us.

 

Indeed you should eat some Toma, Tookuma and cassava bread if it would relieve the air pressure in your head.

Originally Posted by baseman:
Originally Posted by Tola:
Originally Posted by baseman:
Originally Posted by Danyael:
Originally Posted by Ramakant-P:

Jagdeo keeps on schooling the brothers how to manage the economy. This government is corrupt and a pack of dunces.  

The most corrupt man telling the government to by back an asset in which it has some 90 percent of the investment! It should just take it back since they are not good managers!!!

 

I guess only the only smart people for you are a bunch of indian crooks in collusion!

You should stick to arguing for Cassava pone!!

Typical PPP... When they  are unable to articulate properly. Its either degrade to conquer, or racism to divide.

 

Jagdeo schooling them in economy management to fill their pockets.

Right on Jagdeo, screw the poor, who vote for you.  

What is there to articulate, I was responding to the red text and responded appropriately.  This clown is a joke.

I would be a joke if it were possible for you to utter a word of sensible prose. With t your patent knee bending to the corrupt PPP regime and the insistence on ethnic indian smarts you highlight who is a graduate of clown school.

 

 

Originally Posted by Tola:

Gov’t should buyout Berbice River Bridge – Jagdeo

September 26, 2015 6:09 am Category: Politics A+ / A-

By Fareeza Haniff

Berbice Bridge

Berbice Bridge

[www.inewsguyana.com] – Leader of the opposition People’s Progressive Party (PPP), Bharrat Jagdeo is advocating for the APNU+AFC government to buyout the Berbice River Bridge from its shareholders if it is serious about reducing the tolls.

Jagdeo made the suggestion at a press conference held at Freedom House on Friday, September 25, where he revealed that the government has enough money to reach a settlement with the Bridge Company.

The toll reduction was slated to be reduced since September 01, but the BBCI has refused to do so amid claims that it runs the risk of becoming bankrupt.

The Company also chastised the government for arriving at such a decision, without first consulting with the Bridge officials and rushing to fulfill a promise which it made to the electorate during its election campaign.

The APNU+AFC administration has however set aside $36M as a subsidy for the BBCI this year. This too was rejected by the officials but according to Jagdeo, he recently met with members of the Berbice business community, who are urging the PPP to get involved in the negotiations.

Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo

Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo

Jagdeo used the opportunity to criticize the government for subsidizing the toll with $36M while “$60M was budgeted for the Prime Minister to fix up his house and to buy a vehicle.”

“So they had more room to do much more in relation to the Bridge; you still have about $30B in the semi autonomous agencies – the so called private accounts that the government can transfer anytime and should have transferred based on their election promise. There is still about $30B held out there that they can use, I think, if they want, to negotiate a settlement and take back the bridge,” Jagdeo told the news conference.

He reiterated that there is a lot of room for discussion.

“I think they need to sit down and talk and find a solution so they can fulfill their electoral promise and we’ll support anything that brings down the fare for the Berbice Bridge… any solution that they come up with in the Parliament that treats everyone fairly,” the Opposition Leader noted.

 

......................................................................................

 

Now that the government got Jagdeo and his greedy 'fiends' by the balls, they want to talk. Screw them. 

JAGDEO SHOULD BUY THE BRIDGE.

 

THE GOVERNMENT HAS NO BUSINESS IN BUYING THIS BRIDGE.

Originally Posted by KishanB:
Originally Posted by Tola:

Gov’t should buyout Berbice River Bridge – Jagdeo

September 26, 2015 6:09 am Category: Politics A+ / A-

By Fareeza Haniff

Berbice Bridge

Berbice Bridge

[www.inewsguyana.com] – Leader of the opposition People’s Progressive Party (PPP), Bharrat Jagdeo is advocating for the APNU+AFC government to buyout the Berbice River Bridge from its shareholders if it is serious about reducing the tolls.

Jagdeo made the suggestion at a press conference held at Freedom House on Friday, September 25, where he revealed that the government has enough money to reach a settlement with the Bridge Company.

The toll reduction was slated to be reduced since September 01, but the BBCI has refused to do so amid claims that it runs the risk of becoming bankrupt.

The Company also chastised the government for arriving at such a decision, without first consulting with the Bridge officials and rushing to fulfill a promise which it made to the electorate during its election campaign.

The APNU+AFC administration has however set aside $36M as a subsidy for the BBCI this year. This too was rejected by the officials but according to Jagdeo, he recently met with members of the Berbice business community, who are urging the PPP to get involved in the negotiations.

Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo

Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo

Jagdeo used the opportunity to criticize the government for subsidizing the toll with $36M while “$60M was budgeted for the Prime Minister to fix up his house and to buy a vehicle.”

“So they had more room to do much more in relation to the Bridge; you still have about $30B in the semi autonomous agencies – the so called private accounts that the government can transfer anytime and should have transferred based on their election promise. There is still about $30B held out there that they can use, I think, if they want, to negotiate a settlement and take back the bridge,” Jagdeo told the news conference.

He reiterated that there is a lot of room for discussion.

“I think they need to sit down and talk and find a solution so they can fulfill their electoral promise and we’ll support anything that brings down the fare for the Berbice Bridge… any solution that they come up with in the Parliament that treats everyone fairly,” the Opposition Leader noted.

 

......................................................................................

 

Now that the government got Jagdeo and his greedy 'fiends' by the balls, they want to talk. Screw them. 

JAGDEO SHOULD BUY THE BRIDGE.

 

THE GOVERNMENT HAS NO BUSINESS IN BUYING THIS BRIDGE.

The Govt should, it's a national infrastructure.  Basically Jagdeo saying nationalize the bridge and pay off investors.  The Govt can then treat it like the Demerara bridge.

Originally Posted by Ramakant-P:
Originally Posted by caribny:
Originally Posted by baseman:
 

We know, Nagamootoo was underestimated by the PPP boys.

5% isn't huge numbers.  Continue to ignore the growing mixed vote.

The Mixed people were treated fairly by the PPP.  They are ungrateful and will suffer at the hands of the PNC. 

It did not matter what the PPP did, they were never getting these votes.  PPP neglected Indians and paid the price.

Add Reply

Likes (0)

×
×
×
×
×