quote:
Originally posted by caribj:
Kidmost I seee you admiore Forbes Burnham. I dont. FACT AfroGuyanese in 1955 were BETTER off than they were 30 years later. They had an independent economy that could have been built on if Burnham wanted it. Instead he destroyed it and forced cooperatives packed with his incompetent and corrupt soup lickers. People were right to reject those frauds. By the time he died the farming economy in black villages had been destroyed and black tradesmen had lost many of their skills as these werent passed down to the next generation. Patronage jobs was what Burnham offered.

I still think LFSB did try his best for his constituency. Nationalization were part of the plan for example, Guysuco was taken, whites thrown out, Harold Davis and other PNC operatives were placed at the helm. For his Critical Support, CBJ's operatives were given canecutting, punt hauling and grease monkey jobs. It was truely a national industry. Long live the PNC and PPP. Each got what they wanted and deserved.
quote:
Originally posted by caribj:
Kidmost I seee you admiore Forbes Burnham. I dont. FACT AfroGuyanese in 1955 were BETTER off than they were 30 years later. They had an independent economy that could have been built on if Burnham wanted it. Instead he destroyed it and forced cooperatives packed with his incompetent and corrupt soup lickers. People were right to reject those frauds. By the time he died the farming economy in black villages had been destroyed and black tradesmen had lost many of their skills as these werent passed down to the next generation. Patronage jobs was what Burnham offered.

You must know that all the black nations and countries have been victim of racial discrimination. That explains why all of them are poor and underdeveloped.
quote:
Originally posted by baseman:
quote:
Originally posted by caribj:
Kidmost I seee you admiore Forbes Burnham. I dont. FACT AfroGuyanese in 1955 were BETTER off than they were 30 years later. They had an independent economy that could have been built on if Burnham wanted it. Instead he destroyed it and forced cooperatives packed with his incompetent and corrupt soup lickers. People were right to reject those frauds. By the time he died the farming economy in black villages had been destroyed and black tradesmen had lost many of their skills as these werent passed down to the next generation. Patronage jobs was what Burnham offered.

I still think LFSB did try his best for his constituency. Nationalization were part of the plan for example, Guysuco was taken, whites thrown out, Harold Davis and other PNC operatives were placed at the helm. For his Critical Support, CBJ's operatives were given canecutting, punt hauling and grease monkey jobs. It was truely a national industry. Long live the PNC and PPP. Each got what they wanted and deserved.


Yes! but you are not dealing with Forbes and chedi now... Neither of those two were economists.. You are dealing jagdeo, the greatest economist in the caribbean. he has transformed guyana into a progressive country.
quote:
Originally posted by baseman:
I still think LFSB did try his best for his constituency. .


Thst your opinion. Clearly wrong as AfroGuyanese are by far the most pitifully poor blacks in the English speaking Caribbean.

Why when in the 1960s we were admired for being the most educated, and the most ambitious, and the most highly skilled?

This is where Burnham left blacks. Sitting ducks to be abused by the PPP/Indians and unable to defend themselves.

BTW Harold Davis had a perfectly good job under Bookers. Dont think that Burnham did him any favors. To his last days he was a Bookers man and a patriotic Guyanese, which is why he didnt quit when Bookers was nationalized. Burnham did a lot of nonsense. People like Davis and Yesu tried to advise otherwise. Burnham didnt listen to them.

BTW Davis WAS NOT A BURNHAM MAN!!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by caribj:
quote:
Originally posted by baseman:
I still think LFSB did try his best for his constituency. .


Thst your opinion. Clearly wrong as AfroGuyanese are by far the most pitifully poor blacks in the English speaking Caribbean.

Why when in the 1960s we were admired for being the most educated, and the most ambitious, and the most highly skilled?

This is where Burnham left blacks. Sitting ducks to be abused by the PPP/Indians and unable to defend themselves.

BTW Harold Davis had a perfectly good job under Bookers. Dont think that Burnham did him any favors. To his last days he was a Bookers man and a patriotic Guyanese, which is why he didnt quit when Bookers was nationalized. Burnham did a lot of nonsense. People like Davis and Yesu tried to advise otherwise. Burnham didnt listen to them.

BTW Davis WAS NOT A BURNHAM MAN!!!!!

Davis was a PNC but not a Burnhamite..we can get into the technicalities if you like
quote:
Originally posted by albert:

Davis was a PNC but not a Burnhamite..we can get into the technicalities if you like


How do you know who he voted for...and even IF he voted. he might have been UF for all you know. Did you peep his ballot?

I can assure you the man was no Burnham man and was pained by what he saw the PNC doing to Guysuco.

Add Reply

Post

×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×
×