Skip to main content

FM
Former Member
87 year old veteran arrested by Detroit Police for possessing cocaine

Tuesday, 25 October 2011 12:25
Written by Sarah Parker
Source

Detroit police arrested an 87-year-old veteran last week after reportedly finding more than 228 pounds of cocaine in the car he was driving.

Leo Sharp refused to allow a state trooper to search his car after being pulled over for improper lane use, according to records. Police called a drug-sniffing dog to the scene and found 104 brick-shaped packages of cocaine worth nearly $3 million in his car, MyFoxDetroit.com reports.

In a court appearance Monday, Sharp claimed he was forced at gunpoint to haul the drugs. Attorney Ray Richards said this was his client's first time in the federal court system and Sharp was likely confused by the questioning.

"It's not what it seems," Richards told reporters."There's a lot more to this story to be played out later."

Sharp is charged with possession with intent to distribute. He could be sentenced to at least 10 years in prison, if convicted.

According to new reports, Sharp is married with children and works full-time growing exotic plants for a horticulture company in Indiana.

Judge Mark Randon released Sharp Monday on $10,000 bond and scheduled the next hearing in the case for Nov. 10.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

waa yall expect dis chap fu do if he naa get wuk...no health care...no food..no house..no future in the usa...man i commend dis chap fu mek a hussle rass..the country in the shyte hole...people need help...millions starving..good ting me gat me lil watchman wuk or else me an all wood a be starving me ass hey to. cheers
FM
quote:
Originally posted by Billy Ram Balgobin:
If the US cannot stop drugs from passing through her borders then it is safe for us to conclude that the US is now a Narco-State. Big Grin

well said....They will not stop drugs from entering the country bro, this is a political strategy that ensures a certain segment/group of the population is remains in a certain condition.
FM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.