Skip to main content

The world's cheapest new car has been turned into one of the planet's most expensive after it was covered with ÂĢ3 million worth of bling.
The Tata Nano, which normally sells for under ÂĢ2,000, has been coated in gold, silver and gems in recognition of India's booming economy and 5,000 year-old jewellery trade.

Thirty artists were employed to decorate the tiny car in 80kg of 22 carat gold, 15kg of silver and 10,000 semi precious stones and gems.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Sunil:

You remeber Tata buses in Guyana? they were left broken down all over for lack of spare parts. flag

yes, I remember them. I even have memories of riding in them when we visited our relatives in Berbice. There was a huge bus depot by New Amsterdam Stelling and another one at Rosignol Stelling. They were bustling areas flag

Before I left Guyana they were using the old buses for police outposts.
FM
quote:
Originally posted by Riya:
quote:
Originally posted by Sunil:

You remeber Tata buses in Guyana? they were left broken down all over for lack of spare parts. flag

yes, I remember them. I even have memories of riding in them when we visited our relatives in Berbice. There was a huge bus depot by New Amsterdam Stelling and another one at Rosignol Stelling. They were bustling areas flag

Before I left Guyana they were using the old buses for police outposts.

I saw one that was a snackette. Then there were the "tandem" busses - one good one pulling a bruck down one. When I asked me pardna what was that he said it was Burnham pullin Jagan, tekkin de people for a ride!
FM
quote:
Originally posted by Errol Arthur:

I saw one that was a snackette. Then there were the "tandem" busses - one good one pulling a bruck down one. When I asked me pardna what was that he said it was Burnham pullin Jagan, tekkin de people for a ride!

I remember the tandem buses. Those didn't last too long because soon they were all broken.

A snackette sounds creative.
FM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.