Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Gerhard Ramsaroop:
quote:
Originally posted by Demerara_Guy: Evening

Gerhard. Smile

I trust that all going well with you. Big Grin

Yes, I am well, a bit tired, but somewhat revived with the cup of tea wife just made for me Smile I trust that you are well too Smile

All is well with me. Big Grin

Just logged in and catching up on the posts. lol

When you visit, I will make my special tea. Smile
FM
I don't support the vat nor do I support what is going on now with the PPP. But when you see PPP Comrades being severly beaten to within inches of death and getting their heads smashed in at public meetings etc by paid thugs as I saw in the 1960s' and 1970s' it does something to a person inside. I think that is what has happened to me and that is why I am voting PPP.
Wally
quote:
Originally posted by caribj:
quote:
Originally posted by Mitwah:
Caribj is a granger man and a bigot. He sees every one as such. He is mentally warped.

Read my posts and then ask yourself where yoj draw your conclusions from. EVIDENCE please.

It is clear I support NONE of the parties as they are currently structured and operate.

Read your own ramblings and try to comprehend what you write before you posts your idiotic warped racist views.

You are a die hard PNCite and now you see a sinking ship, you are behaiving like Peter in the Bible.

Get a life bigot!

AFC!!! Big Grin cheers flag
Mitwah
quote:
Originally posted by Wally:
I don't support the vat nor do I support what is going on now with the PPP. But when you see PPP Comrades being severly beaten to within inches of death and getting their heads smashed in at public meetings etc by paid thugs as I saw in the 1960s' and 1970s' it does something to a person inside. I think that is what has happened to me and that is why I am voting PPP.

So vote AFC. They clearly werent part of that.
FM
quote:
Originally posted by Nehru:
You dont have to be Einstein to know that Caribj is a STINKING RACIST DOG who thinks that his RACISM is still hidden. It is usually that way. RACIST PIGS are like Drunks. Who me, I am not Drunk/Racist.
See brothers, this is the language of the PPP - we need to take high road, be different.
FM
quote:

How can you support the selection of Ramotar over Moses?
Mitwah
quote:
Originally posted by caribj:
quote:

So vote AFC. They clearly werent part of that.
See caribj? This is what shapes the diehard PPPite and PNCite. It is even harder to get through to them when they reside abroad.

Uncle Wally, what I am saying is not meant to hurt you, and if you read my earlier post on this page, you will realise I know what you speak of. However, again, TK is right, the PPP is not even a shadow of its former self.

Gail Texeira used to talk from on top of my German truck in 1992, cussin about super-salaries, and today, for not even a substantive position - a mere Presidential "Advisor", she happily receives G$880,000 each and every month. This is her pay and does not include other benefits she may be receiving. This is shameful Uncle Wally. And Gail was one of those beaten, strip-searched and harassed under the PNC. I couldn't be sadder at who she has become today, but a yes person. And seeing this with my own eyes is among the things why I could no longer stomach being a part of the PPP.

Uncle Wally, Gail Texeira, is the embodiment of what the PPP has become today - the PPP has sold its soul for a few pieces of silver - well not a few, but that's the expression. I urge you to please confirm independently what I am saying.
FM
I have know both Moses and Donald for over 40 years. I like both men equal. It was Donald who introduced me to the anti-colonial writings of Amilcar Cabral. It was Moses who taught me about the importance of being a political leader who is ethical and who is respectful to all party Comrades. Those were powerful political ideas that still influence me today. That is why I hope Moses is always included in the PPP leadership until the day he departs this world.
Wally
quote:
I have know both Moses and Donald for over 40 years. I like both men equal. It was Donald who introduced me to the anti-colonial writings of Amilcar Cabral. It was Moses who taught me about the importance of being a political leader who is ethical and who is respectful to all party Comrades. Those were powerful political ideas that still influence me today. That is why I hope Moses is always included in the PPP leadership until the day he departs this world.
Uncle Moses has been kicked to the ground by today's PPP. Ask him, Uncle Wally. Please do.
FM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Demerara_Guy:
quote:

That is why I hope Moses is always included in the PPP leadership until the day he departs this world.

Despite the challenges, Moses will be with the PPP.

But the question begs, is the PPP with him?

A specific part of the PPP, Gerhard.
FM
quote:
Gerhard, you are right. But for PPP oldtimers like me it is very hard to break with the party after so much we have experienced.
Trust me Uncle Wally, I understand. My father was in tears when I joined the AFC in 2005. He brought up back all his experiences under Uncle Cheddi in an effort to sway me. But, especially with the PPP's turning to the Phantom, which has set more fire to the already existing ethnic tension, and the blatant corruption, cronyism and nepotism, I couldn't go back, Uncle Wally...I just couldn't.

And having stood my ground, my father joined me in the AFC on his birthday 7 months later, having been with the PPP for 60 years - from 1946 to 2006.
FM
quote:
Gerhard, you are right. But for PPP oldtimers like me it is very hard to break with the party after so much we have experienced.

Wally, it was hard for me too. But when you experience the avariciousness of those you consider as your own and the layers of the onion peel to get something done, you may not find it hard. The current PPP is not the same as the the PPP of the 60's and 70's.
Mitwah
quote:
Originally posted by Mitwah:
quote:

Wally, it was hard for me too. But when you experience the avariciousness of those you consider as your own and the layers of the onion peel to get something done, you may not find it hard. The current PPP is not the same as the the PPP of the 60's and 70's.
And to even greater credit, Mits lives abroad - but he remained rooted and connected to the pulse of Guyana. His care and concern for the people of Guyana superseded his connection to the PPP. flag
FM
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That is why I hope Moses is always included in the PPP leadership until the day he departs this world.

But the question begs, is the PPP with him?

A specific part of the PPP, Gerhard.
That is true, Uncle D_G.
FM
quote:
I understand Gerhard. I always liked your Dad. Your Dad loved the party. I believe Jagdeo had an opportunity to become the great reformer of the party. But he blew it on bling. To say that I am disappointed is an understatement.
We all did Uncle Wally. And like I keep saying, what he turned the party into is even harder to understand to those living abroad. You had to see this transformation for yourself to believe it.
FM
quote:
Originally posted by TK_REDUX:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I travel to Guyana each year, was an economist at the BOG, and I wrote extensively on the financial structure, economics and political economy of Guyana.

So yes...I do consider myself an expert on Guyana.

General views can be different, while you can consider yourself as an expert on Guyana.

Well...my views are backed up by the fact that I have been ASKED on several occasions to serve in an economic/finance capacity in Caribbean institutions. Remember my views can pay my bills.

There is nothing you can do about it in spite of the various emails you might send.

Nontheless, they are simply your personal political views which does not reflect those for the general views in Guyana.

Your constant reference on institutions and other places have meaningful importance ONLY when individuals from those places personally make their views known on GNI on your statements.

In the mean time, it might be useful to cease using the institutions and individuals as crutches for your discussions on GNI

Those people who receive the emails are clever enough to understand the difference between the technical stuff I write and political work. Everything I wrote in the political area is backed by some technical work I did. I have never criticized the PPP's economic policy unfairly. Everything is there for peers and scholars to review, which they do.

The PPP has been a complete disaster...keep the emails rolling.

Again, your constant reference to EMAILS continues to highlight your LIES, LIES and more LIES, to justify your position.

Your personal work and interactions are separate issues.
FM
quote:
quote:

Trust me Uncle Wally, I understand. My father was in tears when I joined the AFC in 2005. He brought up back all his experiences under Uncle Cheddi in an effort to sway me. But, especially with the PPP's turning to the Phantom, which has set more fire to the already existing ethnic tension, and the blatant corruption, cronyism and nepotism, I couldn't go back, Uncle Wally...I just couldn't.

And having stood my ground, my father joined me in the AFC on his birthday 7 months later, having been with the PPP for 60 years - from 1946 to 2006.

Boyo was a colourful person, as you know, Gerhard. Big Grin
FM
quote:
quote:
quote:

Indeed Big Grin
FM
quote:
quote:
quote:

I witnessed a conversation between a couple of PPP bigwigs when they were discussing Boyo leaving the PPP. From what I gathered this was something they were expecting but they were very sad to see him go. The two men spoke very highly of Boyo Ramsaroop.
FM
quote:
Originally posted by DND:
quote:
Originally posted by Horse Man:
Gerald is lost but we have to win back these guys into the PPP.

The biggest issue we have facing us is the amount of disaffected members going to the AFC. It is a mass exodus.

Gerhard is the future of Guyana.

DND, it seems as though you take sides depending on the time of day/the day/time of month, flag

Stay the course dude,no fence sitting, it's AFC all the way flag
cain
quote:
quote:

Wally when Moses declared his last-minute support for the PPP slate in the last elections.....
the US govt Rightly said Moses Nagamooto created a late-surge for the PPP and this resulted in a win-fall for Jagdeo.

In this elections
when Moses drop the Bomb-Shell and the effects of "De Realignment" become clear and apparent
donald de lame-duck will be quacking a different story.....
because he know eee cork duck without Moses.
So eeee is a DEAD DUCK.

Dem_Guy who collect a lil frek (PENSION) fuh parroting nonsense will be Quacking a different tune.
If Dem_Guy had any Juice or Credibility..... De Hon. Ambassador would have told us about him (D_G) and how important he is ......
instead De Ambassador tell us Moses late and last minute support of PPP......
created A surge FUH DE PPP
and a Winfall fuh Jagdeo.
AND GIVE PPP VICTORY.

Wally you have to begin to accept 2 changes after this elections.
(1) Ramotar joining Corbin and sitting on the otherside of Parliarment.

(2) Jagdeo and De Funny Fellas`being hauled before the courts to answer charges of Crime, Corruption, Nepotism, Drugs and Mis-management.
FM
quote:
But, especially with the PPP's turning to the Phantom, which has set more fire to the already existing ethnic tension, a

No wonder you fools will never see election to power. The Guyanese public do not share these same sentiments. They see the phantoms as saviors of the nation from PNC/AFC criminals.
FM
quote:
Originally posted by BGurd_See:
quote:
But, especially with the PPP's turning to the Phantom, which has set more fire to the already existing ethnic tension, a

No wonder you fools will never see election to power. The Guyanese public do not share these same sentiments. They see the phantoms as saviors of the nation from PNC/AFC criminals.

I can understand the desparation the first time round. I cannot understand this use of extraordinary measures as a standard approach. If the PPP cannot get itself together to handle securoty in a constitutional manner, then they are not worth being the rulers. This approach will keep Guyana in forth rate condition, failing to attract strategic investments, at motivate people to want to return except retirees, to stem the unabating migration.

If these issues are to be addressed, people don't want to see constant knee-jerk reactions to security. The rule of law must become the norm or Guyana will always be one/two steps away from Somalia.
FM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.