Skip to main content

FM
Former Member

400+ Attend AFC Fundraiser in Whim, Berbice

The Alliance For Change Region 6 team on August 27, 2011 hosted a fund raising dinner at the residence of NEC member Dr. Verasammy Ramaya. This dinner which was attended by approximately 400 persons of all backgrounds and ethnicities served as an assembly point for the AFC’s leadership, membership and support from all parts of Berbice and further afield. Dr. Ramaya said that this was indeed the objective of the dinner.

The AFC’s leaders Mr. Raphael Trotman, Sheila Holder and Khemraj Ramjattan were specially honored by the Region 6 team for their outstanding contribution to Guyanese politics and to the national movement for change. Mr. Ramjattan awarded the country’s co–top student at the CSEC examination Shalita Appadu who hails from Berbice. Mr. Ramjattan urged her to continue on the path of excellence. He said that her success was pioneering and indeed worthy of emulation.

Inspirational charges were delivered by Dr. Ramaya, NEC member Gerhard Ramsaroop and Presidential Candidate Mr. Khemraj Ramjattan. Mr. Ramsaroop spoke on the need for economic transformation in Region 6 and on the broader national level. He said that such is needed for the generation of better paying jobs and the collection of increased revenues. Mr. Ramsaroop also showered praises and congratulations to Ms. Appadu for her sterling performance.

Presidential Candidate Khemraj Ramjattan in his feature address spoke at length on the need for urgent racial healing and reconciliation. He said that Guyana as a nation can only progress if all the peoples are prepared to work together with a common purpose. This message of unity was very well received by the large and diverse audience.

The message of healing and reconciliation has indeed threaded through all of Mr. Ramjattan’s utterances ever since his rousing speech at the Bath Bible Church in January of this year.

Source

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by TK_REDUX:
These are some powerful images. Well done to the organizers. That is Khemraj's home town.

Actually it's Ramsammy's and Moses. Khemraj's is further up. Big Grin

Way to go AFC!!! Keep pressing on! Big Grin cheers flag
Mitwah
See what we have to deal with here in berbice, these chaps are cutting our ass daily.

They are cutting into all our traditional bases of support. It is a big problem and this is why I am appealing to us to change course.

Alter the way we operate a bit and give us some breathing room to win back the people we have lost to the AFC.
HM
quote:
Originally posted by DND:
I recalled in 1997 when Hoyte was running. There was huge crowds in Rose Hall but they lost very badly in region 6.

heheheehe exactly this is exactly what I am telling my PPP kamerades DND.

Big crowds for the govt does not mean dat it is a win.

Big crowds for the opposition we should worry bad bad.
HM
quote:
Originally posted by Horse Man:
quote:
I recalled in 1997 when Hoyte was running. There was huge crowds in Rose Hall but they lost very badly in region 6.

No reason for the PPP to worry in region 6. Prak making inroads and I congratulate him for that. But in the end the PPP will take the region.
FM
quote:
quote:
quote:

No reason for the PPP to worry in region 6. Prak making inroads and I congratulate him for that. But in the end the PPP will take the region.

When last you walk through region 6 DND? i live hey and I am telling you dem chap this are killing zulficar and our team out here.

Region 6 is very close to slipping out of our grasp. We should have held this damn election in january.
HM
quote:
These are some powerful images. Well done to the organizers. That is Khemraj's home town.

OK GR now you are talking. Continue to show MASS attendance.
FM
quote:
See what we have to deal with here in berbice, these chaps are cutting our ass daily.

So Annan leave the PPP then. Its a criminal enterprise.
FM
quote:
Originally posted by caribj:
quote:

Paid supporters, hahhahaha. Was there a recent robbery? Remember funding for this small 2 seat party comes from strange places. ahhahahah
FM
quote:
Originally posted by BGurd_See:
quote:
quote:

Paid supporters, hahhahaha. Was there a recent robbery? Remember funding for this small 2 seat party comes from strange places. ahhahahah

Dunce hyena.
FM
quote:
[Paid supporters, hahhahaha. Was there a recent robbery? Remember funding for this small 2 seat party comes from strange places. ahhahahah

If the AFC has so many paid supporters in Region 6 then you have to worry. The PPP days might be over and with your braying the AFC will not cut your family into the action a sthe PPP did.

You see druggie you dont like the PPP. You just like the fact that your family's ties to that party enriches them.
FM
Having said alll of that a I spoke to two AfroGuyanese who are3 visiting. When asked about the possibilities in Guyana.

1. They said that most AfroGuyanese have come to the conclusion that the PPP will win. Some will not vote. Some will jump on the winning horse because they have to eat. In small societies govts are important as they distribute largesse (jobs, contracts, expenditures) and they only do so to those who they get support from.

2. APNU is in disarray. Most of its supporters have lost hope so most likely will not vote.

3. AFC is irrelevant and taken over by ROARITES so looks like ROAR did. A place for disgruntled Indians.

Not Mits, TK etc you can call me a PPPites all you want but this comes from folks who I doubt like the PPP.
FM
Caribj, did you ask them how many jobs, contracts and decisions making positions were given to your kind after the last election?

The AFC is relevant and it is not a place for your racist kind.

Your APNU party has no structure, no leadership and no platform. It's members are those of the crabs in the barrel mentality.

Your 2 friends are not spoke persons for the Afro Guyanese.
Mitwah
Mits...CaribJ is a Granger guy. Don't take him seriously. We must press on! Look how the AFC is using the court system to highlight the marginalization against Afro-Guyanese. One Indo AFC attorney + one Afro AFC attorney. We are changing Guyana for the better. We don't want to spill blood. So change will have to be gradual.
T
quote:
Mits...CaribJ is a Granger guy. .

I am a Granger guy and I am telling you that the PPP will win? Precisely becausde, as you correctly say, APNU has no structure and is doing no campaigning. Hmmmmm. Doesnt that strike you as being very odd.

Now a source last night told me that the AFC has been taken over by ROARites. This guy by the way supported the AFC last time, as did many who defected from the Reform part of the PNC.

Mit I can see why your Indocentric race based attitudes come through. I am black. You dont like what I say. So I must be a PNC. This attitude will guarantee you 2 seats. You scare away your black supporters, and we saw how few Indo supporters ROAR has, at least when it come sto voting.

TK dont worry the work against Luncheon only proves that the PPP is racist. It doesnt prove the AFC will win, or do enough to improve the condition of AfroGuyanese.

Now do some work and figure out do you have REAL support? Just about every one who has been looking at Guyana says NO. And have given the victory to the PPP, even though none of them are PPP supporters.

I guess APNU is running around predicting a PPP victory...if you say I am a granger person.

What is interesting is baseman, TK and mitwah live OUTSIDE Guyana, yet hold themselves to be authorities on what is happening INSIDE guyana. I guess every time you get bad news, depending on the race of the person who tells you, they becoem either a "PPP", or a "PNC".

AFC has two months to get it together and remove the perception that they are running around and gaining little real support because people do not see them as having a chance to be a factor.
FM
quote:
Caribj is a guy? you guys are getting out of hand here now.

So I am not Annan now. Actually you ought tio be happy with me. Here I am predicting a PPP victory, even though that will do no good for Guyana. Yet you are bent out of shape.

The PPP will win, not because people like them, but because the PNC is doing nothing to win. And folks dont see the AFC has having a chance to graduate from being a small irrelavant party. Hence being able to bring about thse cahnges that they prattle about.
FM
quote:
Originally posted by Mitwah:
Caribj, did you ask them how many jobs, contracts and decisions making positions were given to your kind after the last election?

Boss I have been doing so for over 9 years now. From my FIRST post.

It is my understanding, from you and others that people in Guyana do read GNI. In fact both Stabroek and kaietuer have said so. Getting lots of abuse for talking about racism against blacks in Guyana. Probably being the most hated person on GNI. Remaining here long after other blacks left, they feeling that GNI was a PPP site and a pssibly racist one too, this because it allowed torrents of abuse from the likes of baseman and others who called us savage, dirty and illiterate subhumans.

What is interesting is during that time I tangled with just about every Indian on this board including mitwah and TK BOTH of whom denied taht there was systematic discrimination against AfroGuyanese. I see taht now it suits your purpose you suddenly admit that there is.

So why only now is the AFC doing this? Last year when Eric Phillips told you to do so you all called him an Afrocentric racist.

You are not a spokesperson for AfroGuyanese and therefore are ill qualified to opine whether or not you are getting support from them!!! I guess you got some of that vote last time so you take it for granted this time. You do not know who thes etwo people are. They may well be people who have a good sense as to what people are saying because they move around different segmants of Guyanese society INSIDE GUYANA.
FM
quote:
quote:
Caribj is a guy? you guys are getting out of hand here now.

So I am not Annan now. Actually you ought tio be happy with me. Here I am predicting a PPP victory, even though that will do no good for Guyana. Yet you are bent out of shape.

The PPP will win, not because people like them, but because the PNC is doing nothing to win. And folks dont see the AFC has having a chance to graduate from being a small irrelavant party. Hence being able to bring about thse cahnges that they prattle about.

Your PNC sucks!
HM
quote:
]

Your PNC sucks!

Typical racist PPPite. No wonder Luncheon is now crying to jagdeo about why he made him look like teh Uncle Tom that he is in public.

Even though I forecast a PNC defeat I am a PNC because, you finally admit, that I am black. And not a black PPP stooge like Luncheon.
FM
quote:
quote:

Boss I have been doing so for over 9 years now. From my FIRST post.

It is my understanding, from you and others that people in Guyana do read GNI. In fact both Stabroek and kaietuer have said so. Getting lots of abuse for talking about racism against blacks in Guyana. Probably being the most hated person on GNI. Remaining here long after other blacks left, they feeling that GNI was a PPP site and a pssibly racist one too, this because it allowed torrents of abuse from the likes of baseman and others who called us savage, dirty and illiterate subhumans.

What is interesting is during that time I tangled with just about every Indian on this board including mitwah and TK BOTH of whom denied taht there was systematic discrimination against AfroGuyanese. I see taht now it suits your purpose you suddenly admit that there is.

So why only now is the AFC doing this? Last year when Eric Phillips told you to do so you all called him an Afrocentric racist.

You are not a spokesperson for AfroGuyanese and therefore are ill qualified to opine whether or not you are getting support from them!!! I guess you got some of that vote last time so you take it for granted this time. You do not know who thes etwo people are. They may well be people who have a good sense as to what people are saying because they move around different segmants of Guyanese society INSIDE GUYANA.

Caribj much respect. I don't hate you. I let you know when I thought your posts were of a racist tone. I see you have mellowed over the years. I still maintain that you are not the spokeperson for Afros.

If what your people are saying is true, then Guyana is ripe for a revolt of the masses, which I don't wish for.
Mitwah
quote:
]

Caribj much respect. I don't hate you. I let you know when I thought your posts were of a racist tone. I see you have mellowed over the years. I still maintain that you are not the spokeperson for Afros.

If what your people are saying is true, then Guyana is ripe for a revolt of the masses, which I don't wish for.

SO I guess you think you speak for AfroGuyanese now, or assume to know more about them than I do? I offer comments made by some AfroGuyanese living IN GUYANA. You disrespct them becaue they do not say whwt you wish them to say.

What you consider to be racist is a product of the society that raised you. I now see that you AFCites have jumped on teh bandwaggon of PPP discrimination against blacks. I guess because it suits your political agenda. When I said so over the last 9 years I was called a racist. By people like you, baeeman (who called blacks subhumans), TK, D2 and others.

Rest assured that discrimination against AfroGuyanese is only part of the story. Indo dominated parts of the private sector are even WORSE than the PPP. But for companies like Banks DIH I dont know what blacks would do. Discrimination at places like DDL is legendary. Blacks go there to get something on their resume and then flee to Barbados or elsewhere knowing that its most unlikely they will ever be promoted. We saw hires by AINLIM by the Indo manager. Over 80% of those hired were Indians even though the labor piool in Gtwn will suggest otherwise.

So dont think that discrimination against blacks is only the PPP. Its an integral part of the pysche of the IndoGuyanese. Now if you all want to say revenge fine. The PNC did give you all a hard time and AfroGuyanese backed them in that. They did so because they had a deep rooted fear of Indian clannishness and the fact that blacks dont stick together so are ill prepared to counter act it...in addition to being out numbered.

Now it turns out that these fears were correct. An Indo dominated Guyana has been extremely stressful for most AfroGuyanese.

When ever some one raises this problem they get knocked as being racist. Just look at responses to people like David Hinds, Lincoln Lewis, Eric Phillips and others.

Just be honest and say that the treatment of blacks is revenge and that you are quite prepared to accept teh day when blacks are again positioned to return the favor.
FM
quote:
quote:
]

What you consider to be racist is a product of the society that raised you. I now see that you AFCites have jumped on teh bandwaggon of PPP discrimination against blacks. I guess because it suits your political agenda. When I said so over the last 9 years I was called a racist. By people like you, baeeman (who called blacks subhumans), TK, D2 and others.

Rest assured that discrimination against AfroGuyanese is only part of the story. Indo dominated parts of the private sector are even WORSE than the PPP. But for companies like Banks DIH I dont know what blacks would do. Discrimination at places like DDL is legendary. Blacks go there to get something on their resume and then flee to Barbados or elsewhere knowing that its most unlikely they will ever be promoted. We saw hires by AINLIM by the Indo manager. Over 80% of those hired were Indians even though the labor piool in Gtwn will suggest otherwise.

So dont think that discrimination against blacks is only the PPP. Its an integral part of the pysche of the IndoGuyanese. Now if you all want to say revenge fine. The PNC did give you all a hard time and AfroGuyanese backed them in that. They did so because they had a deep rooted fear of Indian clannishness and the fact that blacks dont stick together so are ill prepared to counter act it...in addition to being out numbered.

Now it turns out that these fears were correct. An Indo dominated Guyana has been extremely stressful for most AfroGuyanese.

When ever some one raises this problem they get knocked as being racist. Just look at responses to people like David Hinds, Lincoln Lewis, Eric Phillips and others.

Just be honest and say that the treatment of blacks is revenge and that you are quite prepared to accept teh day when blacks are again positioned to return the favor.

Mr Caribj, I take issue with some of what you are saying. I do sympathize with some of your concerns though I disagree with the way and means of achieving more equity.

Firstly, I was never a PPP supporter, the only time I was old enough to vote prior to leaving, I voted "Liberator". I always thought the PPP's Commie ideology was wrong for Guyana. Enterprise and the freedom to think, work and create makes for a much better society and more grounded human development.

Don't spread lies about baseman, I made some derrogatory comment regarding those Buxton terrorist and their sympathizers and political sponsors in the PNC.

Regading Indians in control of many businesses, well let me tell you, back in the 80's I remember an Afro American visiting GT and commenting that Indians, Chinese and Putagee seem to own everthing. Living in a PNC stronghold, I saw what LFSB did for blacks to try to give them businesses, land and good jobs. Apart from the cushy jobs, nothing else stuck. The businesses failed, infact one PNC went to jail for robbing the business into the ground. The lands were sold off to mainly Indians, who then farmed it.

Caribj, I don't support the PPP in some respects, but don't blame, or point to them as the cause of Indians, Chinee and Putagee dominating business, this has not changed since the 60's.
FM
quote:
Originally posted by baseman:
[Regading Indians in control of many businesses, well let me tell you, back in the 80's I remember an Afro American visiting GT and commenting that Indians, Chinese and Putagee seem to own everthing.

What does owning have to do with hiring. Banks DIH was Portugues eowned and yet it had a full range of Guyanese in all aspects of its operations. Did D'Aguiar have a right to say only Portuguese in top positions?

Even when a compnay isnt Indian owned an Indo manager often engage in bias hiring. In Georgetown one manages to hire 26 people, not in high managements slots, and over 20 of them are Indians. Now are you seriously going to tell me that in Georgetwon this would have happened unless there were some race based assumptions? Either he gave preference to Indo candidates, or based on past experience, the blacka assumed that he as an Indian was racist and so looked elsewhere.

Baseman you used to write about how blacks in Africa eat ants, that blacks are filthy, subhuman savages, giving all sorts of example of this from your village. Claiming that Indians saved Guyana from being Haiti and that blacks have to show gratitude for being "saved"...this ironically while both Guyanese blacks and Indisns flee to majority black islands. In some cases this being AfroGuyanese returning to the lands of their ancestors.

Now I seriously commend you for acknowledging that this behavior was wrong to the point where you are embarrassed about it...but say it you did.
FM
quote:
quote:
[Paid supporters, hahhahaha. Was there a recent robbery? Remember funding for this small 2 seat party comes from strange places. ahhahahah

If the AFC has so many paid supporters in Region 6 then you have to worry. The PPP days might be over and with your braying the AFC will not cut your family into the action a sthe PPP did.

You see druggie you dont like the PPP. You just like the fact that your family's ties to that party enriches them.

I don't vote in Guyana so I have nothing to worry about. The AFC paid supporters will want a top off again when election day come. I doubt the part can raise that much funds to make a difference. Maybe a few high profile robberies can fill the war chest as in Lindo creek and Bartica. hhahhahahaha
FM
quote:
I don't vote in Guyana so I have nothing to worry about.

Apparently you do because you hate almost all the PPPS economic policies yet endorse their rule. So it must be that you or your family benefit from them. So the notion of an emasculated PPP, with less than 50% of the seats in parliament scares you.

The people killed in Lindo creek were most likely PNC supporters. What did they have for any to rob. These were poor people. Jagdeo's friends killed them to cover up something. You can decide which of his friends these might be...his GDF boys or Roger Khan.
FM
quote:
quote:
I don't vote in Guyana so I have nothing to worry about.

Apparently you do because you hate almost all the PPPS economic policies yet endorse their rule. So it must be that you or your family benefit from them. So the notion of an emasculated PPP, with less than 50% of the seats in parliament scares you.

The people killed in Lindo creek were most likely PNC supporters. What did they have for any to rob. These were poor people. Jagdeo's friends killed them to cover up something. You can decide which of his friends these might be...his GDF boys or Roger Khan.

Or it could have been an AFC/PNc fund raising campaign. No one knows how much gold was taken. Why don't you ask the AFC/PNC what they know about Lindo Creek and Bartica? How are they financing their campaign? How are they able to afford paid supporters. hahhhahahhahahha
FM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by baseman:
[Regading Indians in control of many businesses, well let me tell you, back in the 80's I remember an Afro American visiting GT and commenting that Indians, Chinese and Putagee seem to own everthing.

What does owning have to do with hiring. Banks DIH was Portugues eowned and yet it had a full range of Guyanese in all aspects of its operations.

Even when a compnay isnt Indian owned an Indo manager often engage in bias hiring. In Georgetown one manages to hire 26 people, not in high managements slots, and over 20 of them are Indians. Now are you seriously going to tell me that in Georgetwon this would have happened unless there were some race based assumptions? Either he gave preference to Indo candidates, or based on past experience, the blacka assumed that he as an Indian was racist and so looked elsewhere.

Baseman you used to write about how blacks in Africa eat ants, that blacks are filthy, subhuman savages, giving all sorts of example of this from your village. Claiming that Indians saved Guyana from being Haiti and that blacks have to show gratitude for being "saved"...this ironically while both Guyanese blacks and Indisns flee to majority black islands. In some cases this being AfroGuyanese returning to the lands of their ancestors.

Now I seriously commend you for acknowledging that this behavior was wrong to the point where you are embarrassed about it...but say it you did.

I do agree with you, regardless of ownership, businesses should practice equity in hiring. I have a few relatives with businesses in GT and they do hire quite a few Afros as they find them dedicated workers. Owning a business does come with certain responsibilties given the size of the operations. You must however, bear in mind many employees are family, i hope you dont attack that right.

The rest of crap you wrote, i leave it at that.
FM
quote:
CARIBJ: What is interesting is baseman, TK and mitwah live OUTSIDE Guyana, yet hold themselves to be authorities on what is happening INSIDE guyana. I guess every time you get bad news, depending on the race of the person who tells you, they becoem either a "PPP", or a "PNC".

I travel to Guyana each year, was an economist at the BOG, and I wrote extensively on the financial structure, economics and political economy of Guyana. So yes...I do consider myself an expert on Guyana.
T
quote:
CARIBJ: What is interesting is during that time I tangled with just about every Indian on this board including mitwah and TK BOTH of whom denied taht there was systematic discrimination against AfroGuyanese. I see taht now it suits your purpose you suddenly admit that there is.

I wrote on several occasions using MY REAL NAME in the SN and KN over the past three years that there is systematic discrimination against Afro-Guyanese.
T
quote:
Or it could have been an AFC/PNc fund raising campaign.

Druggie teh AFC is considere by grass roots blacks (the ones killed) as a potagee party. Why would the AFC kill blacks if they deperately need their support?

The PNC killing blacks is even more outrageous given that this is the only group who votes for them and in 2006 their support from this segemnt was quite shaky.

Druggie this is a botched GDF job (or Roger Khan) and every one knows it. They thought this was Finaman's group. When they realized it wasnt they had to cover it up. What do a bunch of timbermen in the middle of no where have to steal?
FM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.