Skip to main content

FM
Former Member

4 Reasons Why The Lunchbox Would Have Won The Oscar If It Wasn't Snubbed

Martini Shots, Bollywood, September 20, 2016, Authors: Manik Saggar (Editorial Team), http://www.desimartini.com/new...ice/article37373.htm

Okay, I will just come out and say it: Riteish Batra's The Lunchbox is inarguably one of the finest movies I have seen in my life.

Let me emphasize: it is not the one just of the finest Hindi movies, it is not one of the finest dramatic movies but it is one of the best movies I have ever come across in my life.

But as much as I want to sing praises of the movie, I will not because of a deep-seated grudge that I have against a certain committee that decides which Indian movies goes to the Oscars.

The LunchBox was poised! It had all the necessary momentum: the critical appreciation, it had decent stars, was the talk of the town but when it mattered the committee chose The Good Road and spoiled everything.

Not to say the Gujrati film isn't a good film but IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE LUNCHBOX'S YEAR!

Replies sorted oldest to newest

2. Irrfan Khan

Irrfan's Khan's presence could have been a major reason the movie would have won the biggest prize in cinema. You see, Irrfan Khan is the most recognisable Indian face in the West, having done major movies such as Amazing Spiderman, Jurassic Park and The Namesake. He, in fact, has also been nominated for an Independent Spirit Award for his role in The Namesake.

FM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.