Skip to main content

January 14 ,2021

www.guyanastandard.com

The Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) has recommended that the three suspects currently in Police custody for the murder of 16-year-old Isaiah and 19-year-old Joel Henry be charged with murder.

The men are Vinod Gopaul, also known as “Magga,” Anil Sancharra, also known as “Tampoie,” and Akash Singh, known as “Monkey.”

The bodies of 16-year-old Isaiah Henry and his 19-year-old cousin, Joel Henry, were found aback by Cotton Tree Village on September 6, 2020, severely mutilated.

Their deaths triggered protest actions in West Coast Berbice and other parts of the country. Haresh Singh, 17, was killed days after the Henry boys, as he made his way to a farm located in the same village.The young man was a relative of one of the suspects in the Henry boys’ murder probe.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Cops to charge three over murders of Henry cousins

January 14 ,2021

www.stabroeknews.com

This story is developing and will be updated.

The Chambers of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) has advised the police to charge three persons with murdering Isaiah and Joel Henry, the West Coast Berbice (WCB) teenagers who were brutally killed more than four months ago.

Since the bodies of the teens were found in the Cotton Tree backdam, triggering protests in West Berbice, the Guyana Police Force has been under immense pressure to find and charge their killers.

Isaiah, 16, and Joel, 18, went missing on Saturday, September 5, after they left home for the Cotton Tree backlands to pick coconuts. Their mutilated bodies were found the next day.

Days after, another teenager, Haresh Singh, was also murdered in what is believed to be a reprisal killing.

Earlier this week, the families of the Henrys staged a protest outside of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) office at Eve Leary to call for the police to provide them with an update on the investigation.

They said the police had been silent on the investigation and numerous efforts to obtain an update proved futile.

“….Four month have gone since this cruel incident happened with our sons Isaiah and Joel in Cotton Tree Backdam and we ain’t getting no answers,” Isaiah’s father, Gladston Henry told reporters.

Gladston added that the pace of the investigation is only adding to the family’s distress. “We are full with anger and pain because of the way how this investigation is going,” he said.

He said that while months have passed, whomever is responsible is still roaming the streets freely.

“…..These people and these killers left right out there…..We want to know if these people go free in such a cruel murder what will happen for the future generation. These two young boys had a whole future ahead of them and they snuff them out in a kind of a cruel way. Like some animal or something. We cannot get these people in society still living around here. Still doing what they please and moving as they like in this society and in this country,” Gladston said.

Crime Chief Blanhum recently disclosed that the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is currently providing the Guyana Police Force (GPF) with “technical assistance” in relation to the investigations.

Blanhum said that as the probes continue, local police have sought the assistance of the FBI to aid in “certain” aspects of the investigations.

Django
@Former Member posted:

Hopefully, a resolution will be achieved through the courts proceedings.

Also a thorough interrogation have been done .The police are known to force suspects to sign statements for committing crimes.

Django
@Former Member posted:

There are indeed instances of the police force securing false statements.

However, those matters will be addressed in the court of law; hence a different outcome will ensue.

Accused are declared not guilty for being forced to accept crimes after languishing in prison for years before trial .

The police have to close this case , hopefully their investigations aren't botched.

Django

I doubt those charged are the guilty ones! Harmon and others were too quick to seize on the murder of the Henry boys! I still believe the GDF is involved in this! What can the GPF do to them? Except cover up?

A political party that tries to rig the outcome of an election would shy away from murder in order to trigger civil war and stay in power, when their supporters control both the GPF and the GDF? I stopped believing in fairy tales a very long time ago but, tell me another! This one stinks!

The PNC doesn't give a fk about their supporters! Bunhum's legacy!

FM
Last edited by Former Member
@Django posted:

Well here you go ,just heard on a talk show two of the persons charged  are from Black Bush Polder and the other one from Essequibo.

Let's wait and see what the media will say.

Yeah? What were they doing in that area? Gwan dah side!

FM
@Former Member posted:

I doubt those charged are the guilty ones! Harmon and others were too quick to seize on the murder of the Henry boys! I still believe the GDF is involved in this! What can the GPF do to them? Except cover up?

Soldiers don't chap up people like gilbakka.  Cutlish a collie man weapon. Me tell you da lang time back.  I grew up among collies and I know their MO.  Try the accused and let the chips fall where they may. 

T
@Totaram posted:

Soldiers don't chap up people like gilbakka.  Cutlish a collie man weapon. Me tell you da lang time back.  I grew up among collies and I know their MO.  Try the accused and let the chips fall where they may.

And I thought you were a Ram....goat, when you were really a jackass! But you deceive me no more! So, tell me, as you know, or claim to know, so much about collie (collie? That's a breed of dog, fool! The proper disparaging name for IndoGuyanese is coolie! Just like your African slave ancestors, coolies, too, unskilled labourers who were unpaid for their forced labour, unlike the other coolies, whether Indian, Portuguese or Chinese, all also coolies, you racist ignoramus) what motive would they have?

FM
@Totaram posted:

Why don't you just accept that you were wrong?

Wrong? Wherein? We should accept your brayings without question? You are just braying insensibly! Though, like an obedient, guided jackass should!

FM
@Totaram posted:

What were they doing in that area?  Wait for the trial.

Yeah! Wait for the trial a few years down the road when everybody has relegated the murders of 3 innocents to just past mistakes! Let's be concerned with the good times now! Their loved ones will grieve alone, you sh*t!

FM
@Totaram posted:

What were they doing in that area?  Wait for the trial.

It is, perhaps, a pricking of your conscience that you would ask the same question! But I'd rather think you asked that sarcastically and uncaring, fool!

FM
@Former Member posted:

However, those matters will be addressed in the court of law; hence a different outcome will ensue.

Different outcome? You clairvoyant now, DG? A see-far man? I believe you should have said 'might' not will!

FM
@Django posted:

Also a thorough interrogation have been done .The police are known to force suspects to sign statements for committing crimes.

Yes. The Leonora police station comes to mind..

I can still smell the methylated spirits.

Sheik101

The racists were hoping for a different outcome in this case.  Some of them even suggested that the Henry boys were murdered by the PNC to start a race war.  They are now disappointed that the accused killers have Indian names.   

T
@Totaram posted:

The racists were hoping for a different outcome in this case.  Some of them even suggested that the Henry boys were murdered by the PNC to start a race war.  They are now disappointed that the accused killers have Indian names.   

Justice will be done.  When I suggested to bring in the FBI, you raised hell and cussed the PPP.

R
@Ramakant-P posted:

Justice will be done.  When I suggested to bring in the FBI, you raised hell and cussed the PPP.

Chupidy coolie, don't make things up.  You are known to change people's words.   Yu chupid beyond imagination.

T
@Totaram posted:

Chupidy coolie, don't make things up.  You are known to change people's words.   Yu chupid beyond imagination.

That's all you can say or think about.

You do the crime you do the time.  Justice will be done. This PPP government doesn't make jokes.  They listen to me when I suggested bringing in, the FBI.

R
@Ramakant-P posted:

You do the crime you do the time.  Justice will be done. This PPP government doesn't make jokes.  They listen to me when I suggested bringing in, the FBI.

Eh heh chupidy, you an shallyv does du telepathy.  Chupidity galore.

T
@Former Member posted:

You should have said perhaps.

Mitwah
@Totaram posted:

A Ramgoat ever! You KNOW, don't you?!! How? One of your horns picking up messages like an antenna? So, if they have Indian names and they kill black man, a race war couldn't start? Who killed that Indian boy after the murdered Afro teens were killed? Another Indo to revenge the Afro kids, you deceptive fool!

FM
@Former Member posted:

A Ramgoat ever! You KNOW, don't you?!! How? One of your horns picking up messages like an antenna? So, if they have Indian names and they kill black man, a race war couldn't start? Who killed that Indian boy after the murdered Afro teens were killed? Another Indo to revenge the Afro kids, you deceptive fool!

A straw man fallacy!

T
@Ramakant-P posted:

Jesus taught to take one thing at a time, so our goat interprets that to mean one thought at a time, if even it takes him all week!

FM
@Totaram posted:

I don't know about some! But I claimed that! Go ahead? Rebuke me! Or better still, refute me! A party, PNC not AFC (they conceded defeat early) that rigs an  election because they wanted to be the ones stealing the oil  money, would do anything to stay in power! Even murder! When the murdered kids were found, why were Granger and Harmon so quick to exploit the situation? They were sacrificed for a better cause, huh? Who the fk do you think you're fooling? Kids?

FM
@Former Member posted:

I don't know about some! But I claimed that! Go ahead? Rebuke me! Or better still, refute me! A party, PNC not AFC (they conceded defeat early) that rigs an  election because they wanted to be the ones stealing the oil  money, would do anything to stay in power! Even murder! When the murdered kids were found, why were Granger and Harmon so quick to exploit the situation? They were sacrificed for a better cause, huh? Who the fk do you think you're fooling? Kids?

Another straw man fallacy!

T
@Totaram posted:

Take a good look at the cutlass wielding coolie...

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 79F98A3E-5F64-470F-8C8C-0B04E9F76850
sachin_05
@sachin_05 posted:

Take a good look at the cutlass wielding coolie...

I looked! So what? He looks like a dougla! So, even if the Ram......goat is right, and I'm inclined now to agree with him, it still remains to be proved! Further, did the police report finding horse hoofprints? Surely, there ought to be, considering the weight of the bodies of the living and the dead! And why did Granger and Harmon rush to exploit the boys' murder?They only brought suspicion on themselves as former top brass of the GDF! The alleged are claiming they are innocent!

On the other hand, seeing that the ....goat knows so much about how collie kill, maybe he did it!

FM
@Former Member posted:

I looked! So what? He looks like a dougla! So, even if the Ram......goat is right, and I'm inclined now to agree with him, it still remains to be proved! Further, did the police report finding horse hoofprints? Surely, there ought to be, considering the weight of the bodies of the living and the dead! And why did Granger and Harmon rush to exploit the boys' murder?They only brought suspicion on themselves as former top brass of the GDF! The alleged are claiming they are innocent!

On the other hand, seeing that the ....goat knows so much about how collie kill, maybe he did it!

The beating, robbing and torching of vehicles, the Haresh Singh murder that result from the Grainger/Harmon incitement over the murder of these kids, the victims were all coolies..Douglas got free pass. When they were stopping the cars, the Douglas and blacks in the vehicles were not harmed only coolies. Actually at Abary a putagee who thought he was non indian white got his kick ...was that you?

sachin_05
Last edited by sachin_05

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.