Skip to main content

Prince posted:
Baseman posted:

She will not make it.  Attacking Joe Biden and going after him for positions which could split trump base is a bad move.  

White people prefer to let Trump continue.

Brown people like Prince, Baseman, and Nehru would want Trump to continue his mission as president. Let's check out DG to see if he changes his mind about Trump.   

Hear bai.  Black politicians focus of Black Lives Matter to get elected.  White politicians like Trump, Biden. Sanders say White Livlihood Matter.  

Guess who guh win?

DG is in doodoo land!!

Baseman
seignet posted:
Stormborn posted:
VishMahabir posted:

I dont think Biden will survive. If he does, Trump will crush him. Biden has too much baggage due to his longevity in politics. His competitors will exploit his record. 

This whole issue about busing as a way to integrate neighborhoods in America has been a failure. This does not excuse Biden's tacit accommodation with southern racist congressmen. 

I find it interesting that Ms. Harris, who I like and believe might be the democratic nominee, see herself as "Black". Her mother, I believe was Indian, while her father is Jamaican. I believe emphasizing her "blackness" is a political move to steer Blacks away from Biden. She is therefore exploiting her "blackness", but this is all well and good in politics.

Why should she not see herself as black? She is not white so that is the counter point that proves the case. It is only the alt right that thinks black means coming from slaves. Black Jamaicans did not come in as plantation owners and slave holders.

She was active in school government and even then accepted by her peers at an HBCU for what she was; black and american who lived the reality of black culture and black life with all that it brings inclusive of segregation and busing.

We were not friends at school but she was always cordial and genteel. How the ***k can you exploit your blackness when that is what you are if you have black blood? White people had t he one drop rule for blackness when it was convenient to discriminate so now they chose to redefine what it is to be black. What a lood of bullshit! This is sheer Alt Right nastiness that Obama faced. 

Imagine if someone said an indian was not indian because their parents were from Fiji or Guyana? 

Try telling an Indian that Guyanese are Indians. The answer is not likeable.

One of those knuckle head India Indians told me that I know lots about his country.

Prashad
seignet posted:
Stormborn posted:
seignet posted:

In British politic, candidates go to great lengths in stressing their upper class upbringing. In America, Democrats strive to be in extremely close alliance to Black Americans-Bill Clinton actually thought he was Black. 

I doubt whether any person of color would be considered by Black Americans unless their forefathers felt the task master's whip. They learnt their lessons when they choose Obama, son of a white mother fathered by a Kenyan- a non-American. 

I doan think Blacks are going to make the same mistake twice.

You are imagining crap you do not know about as usual. Ask any indian including Eroll who went to an HCBU if they were not thought of as black by blacks students there? Blackness is not ethnicity for white Americans, it is not them. Arabs are sand ******s, Italians got their share of ****** designation for their complexion. It is not ethnicity, it is color. 

Black ppl are not stupid, they know Black ppl. Cheddie tried telling Stokey he was a black man. Stokey replied, yuh aint.

There is no bond in just being anti-white.

C Jagan closest friends were all black professionals. He himself said that his father closest friends were fellow African foremen on the plantation. The man only know Indians when he wanted their political support and money and he was quick to point out to Afro Guyanese that East Indians are saying that I am anti-Indian.

Prashad
Prashad posted:
seignet posted:
Stormborn posted:
seignet posted:

In British politic, candidates go to great lengths in stressing their upper class upbringing. In America, Democrats strive to be in extremely close alliance to Black Americans-Bill Clinton actually thought he was Black. 

I doubt whether any person of color would be considered by Black Americans unless their forefathers felt the task master's whip. They learnt their lessons when they choose Obama, son of a white mother fathered by a Kenyan- a non-American. 

I doan think Blacks are going to make the same mistake twice.

You are imagining crap you do not know about as usual. Ask any indian including Eroll who went to an HCBU if they were not thought of as black by blacks students there? Blackness is not ethnicity for white Americans, it is not them. Arabs are sand ******s, Italians got their share of ****** designation for their complexion. It is not ethnicity, it is color. 

Black ppl are not stupid, they know Black ppl. Cheddie tried telling Stokey he was a black man. Stokey replied, yuh aint.

There is no bond in just being anti-white.

C Jagan closest friends were all black professionals. He himself said that his father closest friends were fellow African foremen on the plantation. The man only know Indians when he wanted their political support and money and he was quick to point out to Afro Guyanese that East Indians are saying that I am anti-Indian.

Caribj is going to tell you a newly indentured to the plantation would never speak to or befriend an African, he came off the boat prejudiced. Caribj doan know that in Southern India there are lots of Africans living there for centuries who can never avoid the Indian population.

S
Nehru posted:

You have to be a real Kakahole Putty to vote for Trump

Maybe yuh living in New York, Trump's City. He built it, gave you nice streets, excellent transmisson towers to transmit hindi songs every friday.

Trump is a brilliant man. Yuh know of any Black, Indian or Hispanic who could do all the thing he has done. That is brilliant like sparkles.

Be respectful to your President. 

S
Baseman posted:
Ray posted:

It aint matter who the Dem nominee is...I aint voting for Trump!

Dems all the way!

Is there any good reason why the democrats have a donkey as their mascot?

The donkey's first use in political parlance to represent the Democratic Party came in 1828, during the presidential campaign of Andrew Jackson. Jackson was a popular war hero (after victories in the War of 1812 and the First Seminole War) and ran a campaign under the slogan "Let the People Rule."

Jackson's opponents attacked him as a populist and branded him a "jackass." But Jackson liked the comparison and used the jackass/donkey as a campaign symbol. Opponents later used the jackass/donkey to represent Jackson's stubbornness in office.

But the person who is most responsible for making the donkey a symbol of the Democrats and the elephant a symbol of the Republicans was a cartoonist for "Harper's Weekly" magazine,Thomas Nast.

He first used the donkey in 1870 to represent an antiwar faction he disagreed with, and the next year he used the image of an elephant in a cartoon warning Republicans that their infighting would hurt them in upcoming elections.

But it was his November 7, 1874 cartoon titled "Third Term Panic" that would forever link the animals as symbols of each party.

https://www.rferl.org/a/us-pol...ephant/24762343.html

Django
Last edited by Django
seignet posted:

Caribj is going to tell you a newly indentured to the plantation would never speak to or befriend an African, he came off the boat prejudiced. Caribj doan know that in Southern India there are lots of Africans living there for centuries who can never avoid the Indian population.

Cribby is too obsessed with race. 

FM
Django posted:
Baseman posted:
Ray posted:

Dems all the way!

Is there any good reason why the democrats have a donkey as their mascot?

The donkey's first use in political parlance to represent the Democratic Party came in 1828, during the presidential campaign of Andrew Jackson. Jackson was a popular war hero (after victories in the War of 1812 and the First Seminole War) and ran a campaign under the slogan "Let the People Rule."

Jackson's opponents attacked him as a populist and branded him a "jackass." But Jackson liked the comparison and used the jackass/donkey as a campaign symbol. Opponents later used the jackass/donkey to represent Jackson's stubbornness in office.

But the person who is most responsible for making the donkey a symbol of the Democrats and the elephant a symbol of the Republicans was a cartoonist for "Harper's Weekly" magazine,Thomas Nast.

He first used the donkey in 1870 to represent an antiwar faction he disagreed with, and the next year he used the image of an elephant in a cartoon warning Republicans that their infighting would hurt them in upcoming elections.

But it was his November 7, 1874 cartoon titled "Third Term Panic" that would forever link the animals as symbols of each party.

https://www.rferl.org/a/us-pol...ephant/24762343.html

Dude, I like my explanation better. 

FM
Baseman posted:
Prince posted:
Baseman posted:

She will not make it.  Attacking Joe Biden and going after him for positions which could split trump base is a bad move.  

Brown people like Prince, Baseman, and Nehru would want Trump to continue his mission as president. Let's check out DG to see if he changes his mind about Trump.   

Hear bai.  Black politicians focus of Black Lives Matter to get elected.  White politicians like Trump, Biden. Sanders say White Livlihood Matter.  

Guess who guh win?

DG is in doodoo land!!

Sometimes you talk unadulterated crap. Black lives matter is a single issue org why would any politician rest their hopes on such an org alone? 

White people are not a monolith and the majority voted against him the last time. He lucked out and pulled an inside straight in three states that pulled him over the top. That aint happening again. He has been underwater to start with and remains there.

And why the play on white livelihood? Which democrat has anti white issues? Trump has not done great things for white people unless you are counting the one percent for whom he engineered the tax cut that has set the nation in the hole some 6 trillion dollar. Obama took an economy losing 1 million jobs a month to gaining a 1/4 of a million a month. He spent 800 billion to do it and most was repaid. 

You can examine every other metric and tell me what has trump done for the ordinary person? He is a viscous racist with a nasty habit for lying and creating his own alternate reality.

FM
Last edited by Former Member
seignet posted:
Nehru posted:

Maybe yuh living in New York, Trump's City. He built it, gave you nice streets, excellent transmisson towers to transmit hindi songs every friday.

Trump is a brilliant man. Yuh know of any Black, Indian or Hispanic who could do all the thing he has done. That is brilliant like sparkles.

You are imagining someone else not the carnival barker in the WH. 

FM
Stormborn posted:
Baseman posted:
Prince posted:
Baseman posted:

Guess who guh win?

DG is in doodoo land!!

Sometimes you talk unadulterated crap. Black lives matter is a single issue org why would any politician rest their hopes on such an org alone? 

White people are not a monolith and the majority voted against him the last time. He lucked out and pulled an inside straight in three states that pulled him over the top. That aint happening again. He has been underwater to start with and remains there.

And why the play on white livelihood? Which democrat has anti white issues? Trump has not done great things for white people unless you are counting the one percent for whom he engineered the tax cut that has set the nation in the hole some 6 trillion dollar. Obama took an economy losing 1 million jobs a month to gaining a 1/4 of a million a month. He spent 800 billion to do it and most was repaid. 

You can examine every other metric and tell me what has trump done for the ordinary person? He is a viscous racist with a nasty habit for lying and creating his own alternate reality.

Obama was not bad.  His white middle class voters voted trump. 

Baseman
Leonora posted:
ksazma posted:
Ray posted:

Dems all the way!

I haven't voted for a Republican since I voted for that poke Bush back in 2000. 

Bush turned out quite well compared to what we have now. 

I know Bush is glad Trump became president. Now there is a real fool in the white house. Actually, Bush isn't a bad person. It is the neocons who pushed him that way and ofcourse he had to respond to the attack on nine eleven.

FM
ksazma posted:

I know Bush is glad Trump became president. Now there is a real fool in the white house. Actually, Bush isn't a bad person. It is the neocons who pushed him that way and ofcourse he had to respond to the attack on nine eleven.

All the past Presidents have formed a mighty strong brotherhood and they've been making fun of Donald ever since he became Pres.

FM
Leonora posted:
ksazma posted:

All the past Presidents have formed a mighty strong brotherhood and they've been making fun of Donald ever since he became Pres.

Trump is an idiot.

FM
Leonora posted:
ksazma posted:

One of the numerous ...

https://i2.wp.com/thajokes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/trump-jokes.png?resize=500%2C494&ssl=1

FM

Perhaps, Dee Donaldskoyov is extremely faultless that he lives high in the skies pontificating to all.

As of April, 2019, it was noted that Donald J. Trump made over 10, 000 false or misleading statements.

Source ---

President Trump has made more than 10000 false or misleading statements ... - Washington Post, https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.1a35f73524f5

FM
Stormborn posted:
seignet posted:
Nehru posted:

Imaginings? Bcz I am considered old. Trump is the real deal. Yuh ain gat his kind of money and lifestyle and influence. Now, yuh imagining the gentleman is a carnival barker. Yuh try running for a minor position in the US of A.

S
Leonora posted:
ksazma posted:

Dem was all sure of being the most powerful men in the world, Trump came along and demonstrated how stupid their assumptions were. The Trump breezes his task everyday with pizzaz and sass. The MAN makes the job of a President as easy as water slipping through fingers. 

S
skeldon_man posted:
Baseman posted:

She cannot beat Trump!  She has a lot of hypocritical inconsistencies which will be exposed!

She will not get the nomination. Busing is an outdated issue. She had a sympathetic moment. Let's see her record as California AG and the way she handled cases against the blacks.

Follow the polls. Her biggest boost come from Blacks abandoning Biden for her. That will top out.  She has to win over middle America, where Biden is strong.  This is difficult for a California elitist!

Baseman
Baseman posted:
skeldon_man posted:
Baseman posted:

She cannot beat Trump!  She has a lot of hypocritical inconsistencies which will be exposed!

She will not get the nomination. Busing is an outdated issue. She had a sympathetic moment. Let's see her record as California AG and the way she handled cases against the blacks.

Follow the polls. Her biggest boost come from Blacks abandoning Biden for her. That will top out.  She has to win over middle America, where Biden is strong.  This is difficult for a California elitist!

What has she done for blacks in CA? Blacks believed that Obama will be their prophet who lead them to the promised land. Well, they got laand. Harris has nothing different to promise blacks that the other candidates don't have. Daily rantings of busing will not cut the mustard. I see her attack dog Booker is always on Biden's ass. He will soon fade and will be a blip.

FM
ksazma posted:
VishMahabir posted:

This whole issue about busing as a way to integrate neighborhoods in America has been a failure. This does not excuse Biden's tacit accommodation with southern racist congressmen. 

It is my belief that if Harris had a bill that she wants passed and she needs one or two more votes for its passage, she will have no trouble accepting the votes of any southern racist congressperson. That is what legislators do everyday. Harris is being hypocritical in her fake indignation. She has done nothing to help minority people so what is she talking about.

I have just taken the time to read this thread in its entirity and not spot read as I often do because I am busy. I am astounded by you. You missed the point completely. It is not Biden needing votes for a virtuous bill but Biden siding with racist senators on a racist proposition. Busing has a long history as students were bused to schools that had more facilities for learning. Rural children were always bused to these better consolidated schools. When Black kids had to be bused also it became a controversy. Racist did not want school integration much less blacks in these proffered schools.

Why is her indignation fake? Do you have any experience with segregation and overt racism of that era to comment on it with authenticity? I have a friend who has a store and office in a Rittenhouse square Philadelphia. He owns a number of other buildings in the city. I thought he could have switched the office to a building closer to were he live on the water front where he has better space there. Plus he could rent the office he has for lots of cash. The reason he said that is out of the question was personal. He was there was to remind himself that he was once beaten for "walking black" in the area It was off limits. I know philly and racism would get your ass kicked even today in Fish Town by whites. Think of it back then when the law defended it. 

Do you think you could call his personal angst inauthentic if you did not walk in his shoes? Actually, you are here because of these struggles. I am sure Kamala's parents could hace sent her to any of the ivy league or elite colleges but she sent her to an HBCU, Do you think it is to gain authenticity?

What has Trump or any of those white folks on stage did for black folks that they get an easy pass? This kind of subliminal racist uninformed commentary is how we undermine our own status here and integrity as an honest commentator. I know Kamala as a person. I interacted with her as a student. I do not know why she or I or anyone has to prove what is a social reality when the fact is there is no avoiding it. I am sure someone follows you around anytime you are in a high end store. To say it does not happen or excuse ther reality of it is they hypocrisy  There is no avoiding the fact she is black and because and because  of that will have to endure all the slings and arrows of historical and institutional  racism. And her father's people were slaves. That he was not born here does not change that realty. The accusation he has slave owning rather than a slavery is also absurd. Everyone of those leveraging the accusation are of a slave owning class....if that matters.  

FM
VishMahabir posted:
Stormborn posted:
VishMahabir posted:

I dont think Biden will survive. If he does, Trump will crush him. Biden has too much baggage due to his longevity in politics. His competitors will exploit his record. 

I find it interesting that Ms. Harris, who I like and believe might be the democratic nominee, see herself as "Black". Her mother, I believe was Indian, while her father is Jamaican. I believe emphasizing her "blackness" is a political move to steer Blacks away from Biden. She is therefore exploiting her "blackness", but this is all well and good in politics.

Why should she not see herself as black? She is not white so that is the counter point that proves the case. It is only the alt right that thinks black means coming from slaves. Black Jamaicans did not come in as plantation owners and slave holders.

She was active in school government and even then accepted by her peers at an HBCU for what she was; black and american who lived the reality of black culture and black life with all that it brings inclusive of segregation and busing.

We were not friends at school but she was always cordial and genteel. How the ***k can you exploit your blackness when that is what you are if you have black blood? White people had t he one drop rule for blackness when it was convenient to discriminate so now they chose to redefine what it is to be black. What a lood of bullshit! This is sheer Alt Right nastiness that Obama faced. 

Imagine if someone said an indian was not indian because their parents were from Fiji or Guyana? 

I think she can be a presidential candidate, as well as a VP candidate.  The question is WHO will she be a VP for?

Since Biden is the popular candidate ahead of the others, I believe Harris's reference of Biden as a candidate of another era who worked with racist southerners will have some backlash on Harris. 

However, reaffirming her "blackness" may place her in good standing with Blacks, but I think she should emphasize the fact that she is a black person, as well as a multiracial candidate....which she is.

Biden will not win but in the outside chance he does win the primary he will need someone who can bull in the young and the minority vote. The same for any other that wins. Booker is the second likely vote getter here given his alpha personality, smarts and record of work more so than Castro. As an aside, I think Beto got it right in the hit on him by Castro. The news liked the aggression and not the underlying facts. 

FM
Stormborn posted:
ksazma posted:
VishMahabir posted:

It is my belief that if Harris had a bill that she wants passed and she needs one or two more votes for its passage, she will have no trouble accepting the votes of any southern racist congressperson. That is what legislators do everyday. Harris is being hypocritical in her fake indignation. She has done nothing to help minority people so what is she talking about.

I have just taken the time to read this thread in its entirity and not spot read as I often do because I am busy. I am astounded by you. You missed the point completely. It is not Biden needing votes for a virtuous bill but Biden siding with racist senators on a racist proposition. Busing has a long history as students were bused to schools that had more facilities for learning. Rural children were always bused to these better consolidated schools. When Black kids had to be bused also it became a controversy. Racist did not want school integration much less blacks in these proffered schools.

Why is her indignation fake? Do you have any experience with segregation and overt racism of that era to comment on it with authenticity? I have a friend who has a store and office in a Rittenhouse square Philadelphia. He owns a number of other buildings in the city. I thought he could have switched the office to a building closer to were he live on the water front where he has better space there. Plus he could rent the office he has for lots of cash. The reason he said that is out of the question was personal. He was there was to remind himself that he was once beaten for "walking black" in the area It was off limits. I know philly and racism would get your ass kicked even today in Fish Town by whites. Think of it back then when the law defended it. 

Do you think you could call his personal angst inauthentic if you did not walk in his shoes? Actually, you are here because of these struggles. I am sure Kamala's parents could hace sent her to any of the ivy league or elite colleges but she sent her to an HBCU, Do you think it is to gain authenticity?

What has Trump or any of those white folks on stage did for black folks that they get an easy pass? This kind of subliminal racist uninformed commentary is how we undermine our own status here and integrity as an honest commentator. I know Kamala as a person. I interacted with her as a student. I do not know why she or I or anyone has to prove what is a social reality when the fact is there is no avoiding it. I am sure someone follows you around anytime you are in a high end store. To say it does not happen or excuse ther reality of it is they hypocrisy  There is no avoiding the fact she is black and because and because  of that will have to endure all the slings and arrows of historical and institutional  racism. And her father's people were slaves. That he was not born here does not change that realty.

I don’t disagree with any of your points above as we all faced some form of racism or prejudice whether in Guyana or our adopted home country. I wasn’t addressing any particular collaboration but was pointing out that politicians collaborate with other politicians every day including the diabolical ones. The meanings of many actions have transformed over time and what was once acceptable is not necessarily acceptable today. Remember the Democratic Party was the racist one but today it is the Democratic Party that advances racial equality. I think Harris was acting out her desperation by attacking Biden who has been on the right side for as long as anyone can remember. I think it was a low blow and while she seemed to have gotten a bounce in the polls, I don’t think it will be sustainable.

FM
seignet posted

There is no India race. It is something like Indo-European. Basically ppl are either Negroid, Mongoloid or Caussoid(sp). Mixture of the races brings another strain. Once, I was given a very old book on Human Georgraphy. Fascinating that the Japanese are a cross between white ppl and the mongols.

You need to read a better book...The Mis-measuring of man". All of what you wrote is nonsense from the perspective of biology. That is racist nomenclature invented in the late 19 century by some Germans to rationalize racism.

FM
seignet posted:
Nehru posted:

Trump is an ignorant nit. I do not know any who would want to live a life skerting the law. BTW, he lost more money than any other american period...per some mention by those accounting for the matter. 5 bankruptcies is not business acumen. If it was every rich person would have a similar score. He will go down as one of the nations worse

FM
seignet posted:
Stormborn posted:
seignet posted:
Nehru posted:

Imaginings? Bcz I am considered old. Trump is the real deal. Yuh ain gat his kind of money and lifestyle and influence. Now, yuh imagining the gentleman is a carnival barker. Yuh try running for a minor position in the US of A.

What does money have to do with what I am saying? I know what it takes to run for office more than you and that is a fact

FM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.