Skip to main content

FM
Former Member

I just went to Liberty Ave to do buy my usual Guyanese products , green veggies etc and was saddened to see 12 men all drunk like a skunk on the corner by the pharmacy opposite J&B . Two were out like blocks of stone on the sidewalk while the other 10 were staggering , drinking from paper bags hidden bottles and dancing to Bollywood music emanating from across the street next to door to Stabroek Market . As I drove Liberty Ave I was shocked to see more and more younger and older men staggering all over the Avenue in the vicinity of the inundated Bars from Van Wyck all the way to Woodhaven and beyond . I even saw a few indian girls in front of the bar next door to three sisters restaurant staggering and talking gibberish . What a pathetic sight !

Replies sorted oldest to newest

BGuard they were Guyanese, their accent was definitely Guyanese and when women were walking past they were dancing up in front of them. Two of them came up to me and asked for a raise. I gave him a mango which he bit into it with the juice running down his mouth and hands without a care in the world. These guys looked so filthy I wondered whether they were homeless but looking at their clothes and could tell they were just out for a Saturday lime and get drunk day. One singing and staggering all over the place people had to step aside to colliding with him . One was passed out by the coconut cart pants all wet with pee . Pathetic !

FM
Originally Posted by kidmost:

BGuard they were Guyanese, their accent was definitely Guyanese and when women were walking past they were dancing up in front of them. Two of them came up to me and asked for a raise. I gave him a mango which he bit into it with the juice running down his mouth and hands without a care in the world. These guys looked so filthy I wondered whether they were homeless but looking at their clothes and could tell they were just out for a Saturday lime and get drunk day. One singing and staggering all over the place people had to step aside to colliding with him . One was passed out by the coconut cart pants all wet with pee . Pathetic !

You should have called the cops and have them arrested for public drunkenness. This would teach them a lesson to confine their lewd behavior to private property. 

If the police allow this type of behavior then it leads to degradation of society as you see in this scenario. 

FM

Bai, ayuh tink dem wite man gah time wid alyuh drunkin coolies, lang as dem nah trubble wite peeple ah alyuh prablim.  Wite man police put two lash pon dem rass, alyuh coolies and blackman gon jain up and protest fuh human rights.  Diss is juss laka we gah donk hay bai, abie gafa leh dem black bais do dem ting or dem seh we racist.  Bu' abie goa put liks pon deh rass every now and denn.

FM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.