Skip to main content

FM
Former Member

11 organizing ideas I found at The Container Store to make the most of my closet space

The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.

10071472 Boobie Trap Bra Orgnizer En
These plastic separators are great at keeping your bras organized and in top shape.
The Container Store

It's amazing how much laundry I always have to do and how many pairs of shoes and stray shirts get strewn about the floor of my bedroom during the workweek even though I have nothing to wear.

I've gotten crafty with how I use the space in my small New York City apartment, optimizing it for maximum organization and comfort, but the clutter of everyday life persists.

On a mission to declutter my bedroom (and by extension, my life), I went to The Container Store's website and found 11 organizing ideas that'll help anyone make the most of their closet space, whether they have a walk-in closet or something much tinier.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Velvet hangers

Velvet hangers The Container Store

I ditched all the plastic and wire hangers I had almost immediately after graduating college. Having a matching set of hangers goes a long way toward elevating the overall look of your closet, optimizing space, and keeping everything organized…and actually ON a hanger. It's a super cheap upgrade to make right off the bat.

Joy Mangano Black Huggable Hangers Case of 40, $22.49

FM

Disclosure: This post is brought to you by Business Insider's Insider Picks team. We aim to highlight products and services you might find interesting, and if you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Have something you think we should know about? Email us at insiderpicks@businessinsider.com.

FM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.