Skip to main content

FM
Former Member

10 Actresses Who Set Their Own Rules In Marriage!

Martini Shots, Bollywood, September 20, 2016, Authors: Zinia Bandyopadhyay (Editorial Team), http://www.desimartini.com/new...age/article37375.htm

Marriage is a very important phase of life. It's the begining of a new journey, which many consider as a brand new life altogether.

I mean such have a look at any girl who is getting married.

She has to adopt a new surname and identity and have a new address! That is what patriarchal traditions have told us to do!

But there are some who have the courage to go against the flow and live life on their own terms, even after marriage.

Because as Twinkle Khanna has rightly pointed out-" One gets married, not branded!"

Replies sorted oldest to newest

4. Pooja Bhatt

Pooja Bhatt is a wild child. She was married but never gave up on her surname. Talking about marriage, she added, "...Marriage in this present day and age is a redundant institution. I don’t want your sperm, money or flat so what do I need you for? I only want to be an equal with you, have your companionship and am happy to hold hands without tags. I don’t think there is permanence in marriage today."

10 Actresses Who Set Their Own Rules In Marriage!
FM

5. Vidya Balan

The actress married at a point when she felt that she wanted to get married. The actress also kept her maiden name and clarified she will never change it. She said, "I don’t know who said that (I am changing my name to Vidya Balan Roy Kapur.) I remain Vidya Balan. I think Sid (Siddharth) and I, both feel that since he will remain Siddharh Roy Kapur and not become Siddharth Balan Roy Kapur, I will remain Vidya Balan and not become Vidya Balan Roy Kapur."

10 Actresses Who Set Their Own Rules In Marriage!source-gazabpost
FM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.