Praising the Lamb of God
In heaven, there is unceasing worship and praise of God. Revelation 4 and 5 describe John’s vision, in which four living creatures proclaimed God’s holiness day and night. The apostle then heard 24 elders respond with a declaration of God’s worthiness (Revelation 4:8-11). He listened as they sang a new song of praise, declaring that the Lamb of God had purchased men for God—and then witnessed multitudes of angels proclaiming Jesus’ worth (Revelation 5:9-12).
What was it about Jesus that motivated such heartfelt worship? It was who He is, what He has done, and what He will do. He is ...
• God the Son, who laid aside His divinity so that He might rescue us (Phil. 2:6-7).
• The Savior who took on human form and died so that we might be saved (Phil. 2:8).
• The only One who revealed God the Father to us (John 14:9).
• The Lamb of God, who took away the sins of the world (John 1:29).
• The Lion of Judah, who will return as the judge, the ruler, and the authority over all (Revelation 5:5).
These same attributes should motivate our praise and worship of Jesus. Ask the Lord to help you establish a pattern of praising Him and responding in adoration each time you think of Him. Heavenly music is to be sung by the redeemed on earth for all to hear.