Keith posted:Keith posted:Keith posted:ksazma posted:Keith posted:ksazma posted:
1. Whenever I think of a father who love unconditionally, I think of one who will give his life for his children, not one who will ask one of his children to give their live instead.
Think on this: During the days of Abraham, Isaac and Jacobs when there was a sinful act or the people in general had sin what was required of them to do? The were require to bring a unblemished Lamb/Goat/Calf to the alter and offer it up as a sacrifice, as a remission of sin. Are we still offer animals up to God to cleanse/forgive us of our sin?....I think not.
You see Christ was staring into a chalice of wrath and judgment that must have made His soul recoil (Isa. 51:17). Mankind had filled it with the most depraved deeds and thoughts that they could conceive. According to Scripture, Jesus Christ did not just die for our sin; He became our sin (2 Cor. 5:21). The holy, perfect Lamb of God took upon Himself all that was vile and dark
Furthermore, Jesus knew the consequences of taking on mankind’s evil. God’s holiness prevented Him from being in the presence of sin. Therefore, the heavenly Father would have to separate Himself from the Son. Jesus had always enjoyed perfect oneness with God. To contemplate a wrenching rejection must have been terrifying and heartbreaking.
There was no question that Jesus would obey the will of God. He would become sin and be separated from the Father, if that’s what was required to save mankind. So, yes, in the garden, He pleaded for another route to our redemption. However, when it was clear that the Father’s answer was, No, this is the only way, Jesus obediently sacrificed Himself for us.
Jesus Christ sacrificed more than His life. He exchanged perfection for wickedness and holy union for separation. The Savior did this so we could be transformed into righteous men and women with an eternal future. No wonder all of heaven exalts Him (Rev. 5:11-14).
2. I don't know how someone can be without sin when they display utmost disrespect for the majority of people around them. The bigotry, hatred, calling people names like dogs, pigs, swine. If those are not sinful acts, them what are?
I wouldn't even bother to attempt to answer this ...I have no clue what you are talking about maybe someone else can take a shot at your question here.
3. Jesus also promised Judas that no one can snatch him from his (Jesus) hand also and he found out that his promise was not good enough to keep Judas from betraying him.
First of all you need to read the scripture/chapter in it entirety to avoid making false statement such as you did but the fact that you pick a verse not understand what you read wind up with this false notion. Jesus was speaking to the Jews and you can now read below.
John 10:21-30: 21 Others said, “These are not the words of one who has a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?”
22 Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter. 23 And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon’s porch. 24 Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, “How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.”
25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you.a]">[a] 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.”
4. Looks like that Holy Spirit was not enough of a seal to keep folks like Jimmy Swaggart, Jimmy Bakker amongst others from falling off the cliff. If that Holy Spirit was able to guide these dudes who proclaimed frequently of speaking directly to God, why would that Holy Spirit have any better result with anyone else. These were dudes who spoke directly to God and still ended up screwing up in many ways than one.
I cannot answer for their down fault, those folks will face the same judgment you and I will face one day and each of us will have to be accountable for the deeds we did while we were alive.
Lets understand what you are talking about here which is the Holy Spirit
God’s Spirit possesses three defining characteristics of personhood: intelligence, will, and emotion. Let me prove these points by guiding you to some New Testament verses. First Corinthians 2:10-11 explains that the Spirit knows God’s thoughts and illuminates the truth for us. Later in the same book, He is identified as the One who determines the spiritual gift(s) of each believer (1 Corinthians 12:7-11). Finally, the Holy Spirit’s feelings are revealed in verses like Romans 15:30, which tells of His love, and Ephesians 4:30, which warns against grieving Him.
Consider also that Jesus spoke of a Helper who would come after Him (John 14:16, 14:26). Aiding and assuring others are the acts of a person, as is teaching—these are some of the Holy Spirit’s primary tasks.
Perhaps you misunderstand the Spirit of God as I once did. He isn’t an “it” any more than God the Father or Jesus Christ is. The Spirit is a member of the Trinity, and if you’re a believer, He is with you now. God has given you His Spirit as a special Helper—one who sticks closer than a brother (Proverbs 18:24).
All this Christian promise is pie in the sky. No one can pay for another person's actions. Everyone is responsibility for their own actions. If nothing people do is good enough to help them, that is their problem. If God is so powerful and loving, he doesn't need to send his only son to die so those people have salvation. All he has to do is lower the threshold instead of stubbornly setting unreasonable demands on people. There is nothing perfect about Jesus. If he is part of the Triune Godhead, one would expect him to know about things around him. If I were to ask a local for a certain fruit and that fruit was not in season, that local would know that it is not in season and tell me so. Jesus didn't even know that it was out of season for the fig tree. So he got pissed off when he found out that he was mistaken and how did he respond? He cursed the tree. That is one amazing display of love to curse a tree that did nothing just because he was wrong. Talk about being wrong and strong. One can put as much lipstick as they wish on a pig but it will still be a pig.
Now this is straight talk.
Now those are answers to your straight talk...digest it.
Now the time I spent to read that nonsensical attempt to explain why Jesus cursed a fig tree is forever lost. It was no more than a bunch of hullabooloo. Plain and simple, Jesus was hungry and he saw a fig tree which he went running for the fig. He didn't find any fig and as they say "a hungry man is an angry man" Jesus acted as he did many times during those three years when he hang out with his compadres, lash out at anyone and anything that seem to benefit more than he did.
ksazma are you an agnostic or an atheist? Just need to know who I am chatting with here.
1. Just because men chose to off a sacrifice to God to connect with him doesn't mean that God has to follow the same silliness in offering his son so that he can connect with men. If God was smart, he should just say, those fools doing stupidness. I am too great to do stupidness like them. What is so wrong with God that out of his infinite mercy, he couldn't just forgive his creation for their shortcomings especially since he is supposed to know that he created them with flaws. God's Holiness my ass. If God is so great and holy and can't be amongst sinful people, he should have done a better job of creating sinless people.
You missed the point, without the shedding of blood there is no remission for sin. Is it that hard to comprehend.
2. That is good because they only preach about a sinless Jesus. Somehow Christians don't see anything wrong with calling others pigs, dogs, swine, etc. just because they weren't Jewish.
I don't know who you been talking too but we are all created in God's image therefore to call someone a despicable name as you mention is disrespectful. I think it's wrong, we are here to help and uplift each other and not the tear each other apart with words that hurt.
You been talking to the wrong Christians buddy.
3. I have read more than enough. The reality was that Jesus even though he was supposed to be God and know everything didn't even know that one of his compadres was wicked and he recklessly stated that that wicked compadre was going to sit with him on the right hand of God as if God has hands, feet, eyes, etc. Makes me wonder is God also has a penis since he is a male God.
Alright....find where in the bible stated what you mention above then I will address it.....Then again if you find it I will mail you a check for $100. Agreed?
The second part of your question is not worth address, you let me know when you see Him.
4. Sure you cannot answer for their downfall now that their mischief is public. But what happened to this amazing Holy Spirit that was supposed to be a seal to keep them from these mischiefs. That only goes to show that no Holy Spirit does anything. It is individual people who act out of their own humanity to do good or bad and they will be rewarded here or there if they there is a there.
I still see you don't understand anything about the holy spirit. Right now I need the holy spirit to help me exercise patience. I will leave it at that. I don't have the time to explain more if you are not willing to read and understand what's being stated.
I am sure you have hear about Guyana so call pope, you can add him to your list. The folks on your list have their own agenda their hearts are far from God, there only mission is to get rich or fulfill the lust of the flesh. Hey, I am not here to judge them, they will be a day when we will either here, well done my good and faithful servant" or "depart from me you worker of iniquity, I never knew you".