@Bibi Haniffa posted:
In this day and age there is no electronic voting in Guyana.
October 6 ,2015
The PPP called for the following reforms:
- Enhanced bio-metrics
- Electronic voting
- Bringing the GECOM Secretariat under the purview of the Commission to enable the Commission to give the Secretariat general orders and directions.
- Recruitment of GECOM’s key election officials such as Returning Officers and Presiding Officers and Poll Clerks through improved transparent and impartial processes.
- A new voters’ list to be compiled on the basis of a fresh house to house enumeration.
- Review the process that allows for voting by the Disciplined Services.
- Amend the relevant sections of the Representation of the People Act to allow for the enactment of appropriate legislation to facilitate implementation of agreed reforms.
- Selection of a new Chairman of GECOM
Proposed to be ,then everything took a different turn ,with the exception of (8)