VishMahabir posted:Demerara_Guy posted:
A SALUTE TO INDIAN GUYANESE
May 15, 2019 , Kaieteur, https://www.kaieteurnewsonline...-to-indian-guyanese/
By Donald Ramotar, Former President
Donald Ramotar is no historian like Rodney and Jagan.
I once did a term paper on this topic, out of curiosity, a year ago. I think Donald made some fundamental mistakes....maybe the historians here can correct me...
1) It was not the BGEIA that first advocated for universal adult suffrage. There were other organizations and political leaders like Critchlow and other African leaders who formed the first labor union (I believe) and who advocated for adult suffrage. The BGEIA, and later the PPP took on this challenge.
2) Ramotar paints a history of the race problem as if the Europeans are to be blamed for perpetuating this problem in Guyana. Thats what idiotic Marxists do...he ignores the 28 years and the 23 years when both the PNC and PPP perpetuated the problem and neither party mde serious attempts to solve the problem.
3) He provides a bias view of history which paints the PPP and its leaders as the saviors of Guyana...and the PNC totally to be blamed for the current problems between Indos and Afros...
jes my 2 cents....
This fecal nonsense written by Ramotar just shows why I call the PPP the Indo Nazi. It confirms that when 4 years ago they called themselves the "coolie people party" (Rohee confirmed this based on comments made by Jagdeo) this is their thinking.
1. The BGEIA was an elitist Indian organization that wanted dominance of Guyana by encouraging more Indian indentures to arrive. They painted lies attempting to hide the harsh conditions that indentures lived under as India wanted to ban this based on reports of adverse working and living conditions. The BGEIA didn't care a gif about Indian indentures aside from wanting to use them as they attempted to dominate Guyana.
2. While Critchlow started by helping workers in the Afro dominated menial jobs in GT and elsewhere he soon began to help the estate workers to establish their own trade unions. No credit given to him for that. So bad that the PPP even wanted the Critchlow educational institution to fail by not funding it.
3. Anyone reading his piece of fecal racism would think that the elites in GT entertaining themselves to the exclusion of others were all Africans instead of the tiny mainly Indian elites. One would think that Africans didn't suffer all manner of abuse from all the post independence political parties, and therefore as bad (if not worse off) than the Indian population.
But the PPP is a Indian Rights group so I expect no better from them. They will sell blacks snake oil, and spread panic about blacks to Amerindians as they know that they cannot win anymore just based on the Indian vote.
But the PPP is now as racist as they once accused ROAR of being. It turns out that ROAR won that battle in the end. The PPP doesn't even pretend to be multi ethnic in its interests since 2015.
Ramotar screams about Africans being made to feel "unjustifiably" (so he says) of the PPP. Why wouldn't they when they read his lies and the fact that he shyts of the black population. No attempt at balance. No attempt to reflect that maybe Guyana has perspectives diverse as its ethnic groups and geographic regions and social classes.
But its good that he wrote this piece of Hindutva drivel, just in case anyone thought that the PPP was trying to change its hostility to blacks.