SHARE INTERESTING TIDBITS

Arrite!

 

* If you see any interesting news or tidbits out there and don't want to start a new thread, feel free to dump it in this thread.

 

* By the way, what would you folks say is one of the nicest things about waking up in the morning ?

 

CHECK THIS:

 

 

* It's the little things in life that are most enjoyable---like savoring a hot cup of java bright and early in the morning.

 

* The Rev likes his coffee with cream but no sugar.

 

* You ever had Cuban coffee ?----Excellent--- but too sweet for me.

 

Rev

Original Post

SO HOW MANY OF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHEN YOU ARE GONNA DIE ?

 

CHECK THIS:

 

A Boston scientist created an online calculator that tells you when you will die---and you can try it right now.

 

http://www.businessinsider.com...g-will-i-live-2015-5

 

* Well, the fit and healthy Rev figures he has at least 6 decades to go, so no point in checking any calculator now. I rather doubt any of you will click on that stupid calculator.

 

Rev

 

 

UPSTAGED AT HER OWN WEDDING: HER SMILE SAYS "CONGRATULATIONS" , HER EYES SAY SOMETHING ELSE

 

A picture portraying a wedding guest proposing to his girlfriend right in front of the bride and groom at their reception has been met with outrage and ridicule online. The picture, uploaded to Reddit this week by an unnamed user, has been viewed a staggering 1.36 million times. Whether the bride's smile is genuine or strained has been the subject of hilarious debate amongst internet commentators, who are outraged on the newlyweds' behalf.

 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/fem...-face-priceless.html

 

Rev

 

SCENES OF BEAUTIFUL GUYANA

 

 

* It's only 3 1/2 minutes---enjoy Guyana's loveliness--click on you tube--the images are clearer.

 

* Now that the PPP has been kicked out of office---many Guyanese who despised that party will begin to see Guyana's beauty again.

 

* SWEET MEMORIES! WILL BE THERE SOON ENJOYING THE BEST THE OLD COUNTRY HAS TO OFFER.

 

Rev

Originally Posted by Riya:
Originally Posted by Rev:

* By the way, what would you folks say is one of the nicest things about waking up in the morning ?

 

Riya: Opening my eyes, stretching and say ahhh I live to see another day

 

Riya:

 

* It looks like you view waking up in the mornings as a MIRACLE. You're thinking-- WOW! I'm alive---what a blessing. That's the attitude of someone who lives and enjoys life. Congrats!

 

* Now! For People who don't enjoy life---waking up is a chore---a burden---they want to go back to sleep.hahaha

 

Rev

 

OK! HOW OFTEN HAVE YOU ASKED YOURSELF THIS QUESTION IN YOUR LIFE:

 

 

READ THIS:

 

Entrepreneurs will start a restaurant in the same location where five other restaurants have gone out of business; those other guys may not have succeeded — but why not me?

 

Entrepreneurs will start a software company with nothing but an idea; sure, the competition has deep pockets and a huge market share — but why not me? Hard-working professionals will look at all the people with more experience, more education, and better networks and think, "Okay. Fine. But why not me?"

 

Successful people don't assume other successful people possess special talents or some gift from the gods. They look at successful people and think, "That's awesome. Why not me?"

 

By asking that question, they embrace belief and ignore self-doubt. They put aside any feelings that they might not be smart enough, or experienced enough, or adaptable enough.

 

At some point every successful person looks in the mirror and says, "Sure, lots of other people don't succeed ..." and then turns the question into a bold statement, "But why not me," because more than anything, they believe in themselves.

 

http://www.businessinsider.com...ul-people-ask-2015-5

 

* The one question every successful person asks:

 

* WHY NOT ME ?

 

Rev

Originally Posted by Rev:

SCENES OF BEAUTIFUL GUYANA

 

 

* It's only 3 1/2 minutes---enjoy Guyana's loveliness--click on you tube--the images are clearer.

 

* Now that the PPP has been kicked out of office---many Guyanese who despised that party will begin to see Guyana's beauty again.

 

* SWEET MEMORIES! WILL BE THERE SOON ENJOYING THE BEST THE OLD COUNTRY HAS TO OFFER.

 

Rev

nice video Rev...not so nice words at the bottom of it but hey, you are entitled to YOUR opinions...grrrrrrrrr.

Originally Posted by Rev:

Arrite!

 

* If you see any interesting news or tidbits out there and don't want to start a new thread, feel free to dump it in this thread.

 

* By the way, what would you folks say is one of the nicest things about waking up in the morning ?

 

CHECK THIS:

 

 

* It's the little things in life that are most enjoyable---like savoring a hot cup of java bright and early in the morning.

 

* The Rev likes his coffee with cream but no sugar.

 

* You ever had Cuban coffee ?----Excellent--- but too sweet for me.

 

Rev

Café con leche is my favorite when I visit my favorite place Miami (little Cuba) 

 

Don't forget  'the best part of waking up is Folger's in your cup.

now about coffee...i brew every morn...mostly MacD brand but recently we got a costco kirkland to try...maybe on Saturday i will...my fav cofee is brew with condensed milk...yummmm but that is once a blue moon

i drink my morning coffee black no sugar

 

the best thing about waking up everyday is to see my 16 yr old beside me...and to know where my other 2 are....

Originally Posted by warrior:
Originally Posted by Chameli:
Originally Posted by warrior:

rev you cannot do nothing right 

hey warrior, when last u see Prak?

last weekend i see him all the time he went to guyana for holiday 

where do u see him now that his bar is closed?

Originally Posted by Chameli:

now about coffee...i brew every morn...mostly MacD brand but recently we got a costco kirkland to try...maybe on Saturday i will...my fav cofee is brew with condensed milk...yummmm but that is once a blue moon

i drink my morning coffee black no sugar

 

the best thing about waking up everyday is to see my 16 yr old beside me...and to know where my other 2 are....

cricket start back 

Originally Posted by Chameli:
Originally Posted by warrior:
Originally Posted by Chameli:
Originally Posted by warrior:

rev you cannot do nothing right 

hey warrior, when last u see Prak?

last weekend i see him all the time he went to guyana for holiday 

where do u see him now that his bar is closed?

at stone house he go there to play the horses and there is a bar on Ellesmere that we play domones now cricket start back i hear he say he want to play 

HERE'S THE TRUTH ABOUT:

 

 

* By the way, That's a catch phrase for "act as if..."

 

READ THIS:

 

There is so much B.S. online you would not believe. You’d be surprised to know how much of what people say about themselves is either embellished or complete fiction, especially among the entrepreneurial crowd.

 

BOTTOM LINE:

 

If nothing else, life is mostly about taking chances. It’s about stepping into the unknown. None of us have any real control over the outcome. But if you focus on what you’re good at – what you really love to do – and work hard to develop a marketable expertise, you won’t have to fake anything to make it. You simply will. 

 

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/243629

 

Rev

LATEST ISSUE OF FORBES MAGAZINE

 

 

* THAT'S RIGHT! SELF MADE WOMEN

 

* The smarter and wiser sex leaving most men behind.

 

* That's Jessica Alba on the cover:

 

READ:

 

Jessica Alba graced the cover of Forbes magazine in an issue titled America's Richest Self-Made Women as her fortune was pegged at $200 million. The 34-year-old actress turned businesswoman co-founded The Honest Company in 2012 and in a short span it has gained a valuation of $1 billion with the actress holding a 15 to 20 percent stake. Jessica was just $50 million shy of cracking the magazine's Top 50 list with Beyonce and Judge Judy tied at the 49th spot with estimated fortunes of $250 million.

 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvs...-Honest-Company.html

 

Rev

Originally Posted by RiffRaff:

Lalita look lil shy

 

* Yuh smiling because yuh know shy girls all have a wild side. 

 

* You don't believe me---Ask your sons---dem bais know more than you and me----they'll tell you---Shy girls are like church girls--daring and adventurous once they get to know you--be comfortable with you---and have deep feelings for you.

 

* Shy Lalita is an explosion waiting to happen.hahahaha

 

Rev

Originally Posted by Riya:
Originally Posted by Rev:

* By the way, what would you folks say is one of the nicest things about waking up in the morning ?

 

Opening my eyes, stretching and say ahhh I live to see another day

One day at a time...good to see u here. 

IS YOUR COFFEE MAKING YOU FAT ? WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THOSE FRAPPUCCINOS, ETC AT PLACES LIKE STARBUCKS. THEY HAVE MORE CALORIES THAN ICE CREAM

 

 

From iced-berry frappuccinos to refreshing cool coffees, there are no shortage of ways to cool down while getting your caffeine fix.

 

But while iced coffees might sound like a low-calorie alternative to traditional summer ice-cream, the reality is very different.

 

Many come laden with sugary syrups, fruit juice and cream and as a result, consuming the worst offenders could mean adding as much as 500 calories a day to your diet. 

 

 

* See article in link:

 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/fem...-CREAM-revealed.html

 

 

NOW CHECK THIS:

 

 

"Nah girl, you're good."

 

Rev

 

 

WHAT DO YOU FOLKS TYPICALLY EAT FOR BREAKFAST ? ARE YOU CURIOUS TO KNOW WHAT PEOPLE EAT FOR BREAKFAST AROUND THE WORLD ?

 

 

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, keeping us healthy and sharp. But breakfast foods vary wildly from place to place


* The Rev has the usual cup of coffee, a bowl of raisin bran cereal, and a bowl of fruits for breakfast. Very boring.

 

* But I must say---Bake and salt fish or bake and smoke herring is a treat once in a while on weekends---a while back we visited my cousin and she made Gurumba and oil roti---thoroughly enjoyed it.

 

* Anyway, Click on the link to see breakfast around the world---will post some breakfast photos later from a few countries that caught my attention.

 

http://www.businessinsider.com...oast-with-vegemite-1

 

Rev

Originally Posted by Rev:

ISRAEL: A popular Israeli breakfast dish is SHAKSHUKA: Eggs cooked in a spicy tomato sauce served with pita on the side for dipping.

 

 

* I like those spinach leaves.

 

Rev

These spinach leaves are great in a salad. Yummy.

Add Reply

×
×
×
×
×