RPA outraged at absence of “nominees” from State Boards

RPA outraged at absence of “nominees” from State Boards

July 31, 2015 2:42 pm Category: latest news A+ / A-

 

 

By Jomo Paul

RPA President Laekah Rambrich [center) flanked by other RPA Members. [iNews' Photo]

RPA President Laekah Rambrich (center) flanked by other RPA Members. [iNews’ Photo]

[www.inewsguyana.com] – Guyana’s Rice Producers Association (RPA) is outraged at the a decision taken by the APNU+AFC government to exclude its nominees from being Directors on the Boards for the Guyana Rice Development Board (GRDB) and the National Drainage and Irrigation Authority (NDIA).

 

Guyana’s laws stipulate that the two Boards will consist of members from the RPA given the nexus to the rice sector. It states that the GRDB shall consist of three members from the RPA and the NDIA would have two representatives from the Body.

However, according to RPA President, Laekah Rambrich, the Body submitted names to Agriculture Minister, Noel Holder but was surprised the nominees were not selected.

“The RPA was shocked when the names of the Directors of the GRDB and the NDIA were made public and not a single member nominee put forward by the association was included on any of the two boards,” said Rambrich.

According to Rambrich, the move collides with Guyana’s laws and essentially leaves rice producers out in the cold from critical participation.

He said “what is most troubling is that this decision is clearly a deliberate attempt to marginalize and discriminate against the hundreds of rice farmers who are members of the RPA.”

Rambrich says that policy makers should see the reversal of this decision or at the very least, some alterations. A thorough perusal of the Directors of the Boards revealed that there were three representatives from the rice industry on the GRDB Board.

Those three include Rambrich, Jinnah Rahaman and Naith Ram. Both Rahaman and Ram are representatives of two different associations representing the interests of those in the rice sector.

However, the National Drainage and Irrigation Authority Board was bereft of any representatives from the rice industry.

Original Post

However, according to RPA President, Laekah Rambrich, the Body submitted names to Agriculture Minister, Noel Holder but was surprised the nominees were not selected.

 

Seems like more Racial Discriminations is being manifested by the APNU/AFC:

 

Originally Posted by baseman:

Dem PNC bais gon kick alyuh rass good and prapa.  Pity you are not there for lil kicking.  Alyuh march alyuh mattie Indians straight to the gates of the proverbial "hell".

Why don't you shut yu Patacake, have nothing to say, then be quiet, do not  be like you have a prick in your mouth.

"A thorough perusal of the Directors of the Boards revealed that there were three representatives from the rice industry on the GRDB Board.

Those three include Rambrich, Jinnah Rahaman and Naith Ram. Both Rahaman and Ram are representatives of two different associations representing the interests of those in the rice sector.

However, the National Drainage and Irrigation Authority Board was bereft of any representatives from the rice industry."

Originally Posted by asj:
Originally Posted by baseman:

Dem PNC bais gon kick alyuh rass good and prapa.  Pity you are not there for lil kicking.  Alyuh march alyuh mattie Indians straight to the gates of the proverbial "hell".

Why don't you shut yu Patacake, have nothing to say, then be quite, do not  be like you have a prick in your mouth.

PNC got you up the rear, you squealing like a sheep!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlYlNF30bVg

 

Go back now are march and fight to get back the right you sold out.  Go help yuh mattie.

Originally Posted by asj:

However, according to RPA President, Laekah Rambrich, the Body submitted names to Agriculture Minister, Noel Holder but was surprised the nominees were not selected.

 

Seems like more Racial Discriminations is being manifested by the APNU/AFC:

 

Good for dem RPA rass. PNC will give them a lot more. 

 

Indos will eventually revolt.

Originally Posted by yuji22:
Originally Posted by asj:

However, according to RPA President, Laekah Rambrich, the Body submitted names to Agriculture Minister, Noel Holder but was surprised the nominees were not selected.

 

Seems like more Racial Discriminations is being manifested by the APNU/AFC:

 

Good for dem RPA rass.

Careful there, holy man. Leff da word fo cussbirds like me.

Originally Posted by asj:

However, according to RPA President, Laekah Rambrich, the Body submitted names to Agriculture Minister, Noel Holder but was surprised the nominees were not selected.

 

Seems like more Racial Discriminations is being manifested by the APNU/AFC:

 

This is a unity government so watch what you say in public. Moses will kick your ass..

Originally Posted by asj:

However, according to RPA President, Laekah Rambrich, the Body submitted names to Agriculture Minister, Noel Holder but was surprised the nominees were not selected.

 

Seems like more Racial Discriminations is being manifested by the APNU/AFC:

 

 

APNU will eventually become worse dictators than Burnham and Hoyte combined. Indos are now officially third class in Guyana under APNU.

Has the RPA erred in their news handed out earlier?

 

Agriculture Minister denies excluding rice sector from State Boards

August 1, 2015 12:19 pm Category: latest news A+ / A-

Agriculture Minister, Noel Holder

Agriculture Minister, Noel Holder

[www.inewsguyana.com] – Agriculture Minister Noel Holder is dismissing claims by the Rice Producers Association (RPA) that none of its nominees were considered for the appointments on the Boards of Directors of the Guyana Rice Development Board (GRDB) and the National Drainage and Irrigation Authority (NDIA).

On Friday, RPA President Laekah Rambrich stated that the Body submitted names to Agriculture Minister, Noel Holder but was surprised the nominees were not selected.

“The RPA was shocked when the names of the Directors of the GRDB and the NDIA were made public and not a single member nominee put forward by the association was included on any of the two boards,” said Rambrich.

However, Holder stated that, the list of Board of Directors which was gazetted showed that the RPA in fact has two members as Directors on the GRDB board contrary to what was reported by the RPA executives at their press conference.

RPA President Laekah Rambrich [center) flanked by other RPA Members. [iNews' Photo]

RPA President Laekah Rambrich (center) flanked by other RPA Members. [iNews’ Photo]

 These members were identified as Rambrich and Rickey Roopchand who are both RPA members. Also on the Board is Naith Ram, who represents the Essequibo Paddy Producers Association, Peter De Groot and Rajindra Persaud from the Millers Association and Jinnah Rahaman from the Guyana Rice Action Committee.

 

 The Minister stressed that GRDB board is made up of reputable members who can in fact make a meaningful contribution as the Government seeks to move the industry forward.

 With respect to the NDIA, the Ministry nominated representatives in keeping with the Act which allows for the Board to be comprised of representatives from the Regional bodies, representatives from the Water Users Association, rice farmers, representatives from the cane farmers committee, Ministry of Finance, the Guyana Lands and Surveys Commission, the Guyana Sugar Corporation (GuySuco) and Sea Defence. [Extracted and edited from GINA]

No Guyana Times did, and you fell for the trap.  The RPA, like many AFC Indos, probably want total domination, as they single handedly won the election, and are now enraged that they will not get this.

 

Its the AFC which controls the Ministry of Ag, so let them battle it out. But from what I have seen AFC Indos are like PPP Indos.  Blacks must be seen and not heard and must do as they are told. 

Add Reply

×
×
×
×
×