There is just too much hate and nonsense on this thread to comment on anything...everyone trying to UP their own race...its like tit for tat...a symptom of our society.
I find the contents of Danyael piece distasteful and riddled with half-truths...looking to condemn the Indian...its like his/her alter ego is Kean Gibson.
Dude.....if you find it distasteful and riddled with untruths you are obliged to educate your fellow posters least they be swayed into flawed beliefs. One of the most distressing things about comments like yours is its presumption of knowledge and not its substantiation of such knowledge.
What I wrote is in the vernacular. Everyone from Nehru, to Cobra, to Skeldon man among others have stated in no uncertain terms that black people are idiots. They have forwarded the thesis that our problem is mainly the odium of having to live with black people.
It is also common knowledge the PPP, an indian identified party locates itself in an indian ethos and sell inclusiveness from that platform. For them it means inclusive of family and friends to loot the state.
I am not looking to condemn indian. I am looking to explain the inconsistencies of having a regime as the PPP fail so horribly in curtailing crime, in transitioning us to a democracy and whose modus operandi was to loot and pillage state coffers like voracious parasites and yet it incited no recriminations from the posters here. Instead they are all like crows to carrion after Granger and crew and these people are in office less than 4 months!
Ms Gibson may be a bit off but not far off. There is no rational reason why Indians elevate themselves to be the chosen able race and all others regaled to the status of lesser than. It has to be vestigial remnants of psychological damage across eons as an oppressed class seeping across h time through the culture. Fortunately for us it pools only in mentality of a few so disposed it by being lazy. Apparently, these are well represented here.
1)You must be one of those people who will argue that history starts in 1992. You analysis is arguing that the racism was started by Jagdeo, PPP...this is certainly not the case.
2) Its asinine to locate so much power in the hands of GT and Ravi Dev as the proponents of thew race problem in Guyana. The GT, as far as I can see plays a major role in promoting press freedom and pluralism in Guyana. It is by the way the only paper that questions the actions of the coalition. This is a healthy achievement in a society like ours. Every other paper simply toes the coalition line right now...
3) The PPP has always denied that it was an "Indian" party. Jagan was consumed with building a "working class party" and he rejected many Indian organizations and Indian leader when he arrived on the scene in Guyana. There was no deliberate policy to sideline Africans, corruption yes.
4) This coalition is not a unity government. It has not reached out to Indians in a way that will make them feel comfortable with this government.
5) "The President [of GOPIO] said Guyanese indians are as their black brethren in Guyana backward and lazy and not the same Indians cultural capacities as the native Indian!" More assininity. Where is the source for this? And does it mean this is accepted as true because this idiot said so?
6) You do not understand the nature of the caste system in India, or in Guyana for that matter. Apparently, Gibson felt she understood it well and try to superimpose his biases to the Guyana experience.
7) The crime wave did not start with the PPP in 1992..it goes back to the paramountcy of the Burnhamite state and the breakdown of law and order then...
Your socalled analysis is not grounded in reality and analysis....you are simply looking to score points against the Indians you mentioned in your post.