Bunjal Chicken Heart and Giblets
Chicken Heart and Giblets - Guyanese Style Food and Recipes
- 2 lbs giblets
- 1 small lime/lemon
- 4 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp minced/chopped garlic
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small pepper chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp of complete seasoning
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 tbsp Curry powder
- 2 tbsp masala
- 1.5 tbsp salt
- Cut giblets and heart into small pieces, and wash with water and juice of lime/lemon
- Add 4 tbsp vegetable oil in pressure cooker, let hot for about 2 minutes
- Add minced/chopped garlic, onion, pepper and tomato paste to hot oil, and let cook for 1 minute
- Add curry powder and masala and let cook for about 2 minute with constant turning
- If needed, add 4 to 8 tbsp water to loosen up mixture, and cook/turn for about another 4 minutes
- Add chicken giblets and heart, and salt then mix well, now leave to cook for about another 20 minutes with occasional checking and turning
- Now Add 1 cup of water and cover to pressure for about 15 to 20 minutes using electric power cooker, now if you are not using a power cooker cook until meat is to your liking which usually takes a lot long.
- Finally, after cooking in pressure cooker, take off lid and let cook for another 5 to 10 minutes until liquid had evaporated.
Now serve with Dhal and Rice or Roti.
Serves 6 to 8