Shocking Revelations by Former A.F.C General Secretary

AFC leaders betray core values, principles – former GS

 

Former AFC General Secretary, Sixtus Edwards

Former AFC General Secretary, Sixtus Edwards

AFC/APNU coalition pact

 

…massive internal conflicts; more resignations expected

 

By Michael Younge

 

The Alliance For Change (AFC) has undermined its own core values and principles which appealed to thousands of Guyanese who were not willing to continue to give their support to the People’s National Congress Reform (PNCR), the A Partnership for National Unity (APNU) or the ruling People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C) at the polls again.

The party has also destroyed the foundation which set it apart as a third force and choice for young people who wanted “real positive change” and “a new political culture” which would see those with murky hands and vendettas removed from the country’s governance structures in the future.

AFC Leader Khemraj Ramjattan

AFC Leader Khemraj Ramjattan

These are sentiments expressed by former General Secretary and Executive Member of the AFC, Sixtus Edwards during an exclusive interview with theGuyana Times on Wednesday.

Edwards who tendered his resignation earlier this month, explained that he felt betrayed by the party which he helped build pillar by pillar after its formation back in 2006. He admitted that while he said he resigned for “personal reasons”, many National Executive Members and others who were familiar with the internal politics of the party know that there was more to his decision to depart the AFC. “The reason why I left the party is because of the people within there are not keeping with their core values”, he said sternly. He explained that back in 2006 when the AFC was formed, the party Executives and members swore that they would remain neutral offering hope to those who were willing to leave their homes in the PPP/C and PNC to join a journey to heal and change Guyana.

“We should have remained neutral…and for the people,” Edwards said passionately during the interview alleging that the AFC has now been watered down to an alliance of hate and vengeance against the PPP/C. “There is nothing there for our youths. They have in no way kept those principles and values which we laboured for alive. You eating back your words by joining the APNU and I do not want to be in an organisation like that”, he declared. Asked whether he was sure he made the right decision when he left the party, Edwards responded in the positive.

 

Losing electoral support

Meanwhile, Edwards, who has been with the AFC for over ten years now, believes that the party will lose massive electoral support. “The middle ground is gone…” he advised. He also put this newspaper on notice that lots of people have already walked away from the AFC and are continuing to do so. Asked to clarify, Edwards said that he had reason to believe that more Executives were planning to resign over the coming weeks because the party was not adhering to its Constitution of core values. “There are lots of coverups taking place. Everyone wants family, sister, and brother to be in the party and hold positions. Lots of corruption, cronyism and nepotism are taking place”, he insisted.

“A lot of people more will leave….”

For the first time, Edwards alleged that there was widespread fixing and tampering with the process to elect internal leaders for the AFC. “At the last conference…people were not voting…there were no nominations….for the people to hold post of Chairman, Vice Chairman….General Secretary”, he alleged. Asked again to clarify his statement, Edwards said “There were no nominations…the people were told that the party had already sorted this aspect of the conference out”. “ninety per cent of the people wanted to vote me back in as GS, but there was no real nominations….” he reiterated. Questioned why the party members attending the conference did not object to this undemocratic practice, the former General Secretary said “[that] they (Executive) had already worked out the thing…it happened before.”

“I built this party. I spent ten years…I was the man who was there when everybody had left the party and to see it reaching to level, it hurts,” he claimed. He denied that he never raised his concerns with the Executive before. “These concerns have been shared many times, year after year.”

Edwards also confirmed that no one from the Executive reached out to him following his resignation or even placed a call to him despite his sterling contributions to the AFC and his ability to galvanise large amounts of support from all the regions.

“They never called me, nobody called…. There is nobody in the AFC that has more support than me… whether Indo Guyanese or … the Afro-Guyanese I brought to the AFC. No ody that has made more sacrifices than me”, he said. He plans on moving on from here and vows to continue to struggle for the development of Guyanese at different levels.

 

 

extracted from the Guyana Times

Original Post

This is the kind of reporting you can expect from the Guyana Times and Michael Younge leading up to the elections.

 

http://gtmosquito.com/media-cr...els-mythical-voters/

 

Michael’s mythical voters

Feb 19, 2015
 

Michael Younge wrote what is a scurrilous made-to-order piece in the Times this morning: “Feelings of outrage, disappointment and shock ran through various quarters of the Alliance For Change (AFC) East Coast Demerara (ECD) constituency following the party’s decision to enter into a coalition agreement with the People’s National Congress Reform (PNCR)-led A Partnership for National Unity (APNU).”

Out of eight persons “interviewed” all were unanimously against the alliance – how convenient. And he cites only three by name among those so devastated by the news: “Fifty-two-year-old Shaline Baksh of Coldingen, East Coast Demerara explained that she was almost certain that even after discussions, the AFC would have stood its ground and gone to the polls alone. For her, the party that she joined since 2006 after being fed-up with the PPP/C was no longer her home.” THE AFC need to go speak to her immediately!

If they can find her…because we don’t see any Shaline Baksh in Coldingen on the PVL. There are eleven Shalines in Region 4 but none with the last name Baksh and none of the Shalines live in Coldingen. In fact we don’t see anyone named Baksh living in Coldingen.

And it gets worse there is no Desire Williams either living in or out of Buxton. (there are four Desiree Williams but none live in Buxton).  We wonder if Younge even left his desk….

Real Shocking Revelations

 

Quote Jagdeo Newspaper : He explained that back in 2006 when the AFC was formed, the party Executives and members swore that they would remain neutral offering hope to those who were willing to leave their homes in the PPP/C and PNC to join a journey to heal and change Guyana.

 

Quote Jagdeo Newspaper :I built this party. I spent ten years…I was the man who was there when everybody had left the party and to see it reaching to level, it hurts,” he claimed.

 

Jagdeo Newspaper have to get their story Right.....

If AFC was formed in 2006 - 9 years ago By Ramjatan, Trotman & Sheiler Holder.....

how could some one join after the Party was formed and claim is Build the AFC...not Ramjatan, Trotman & Holder - 10 years ago.

 

Quote Jagdeo Newspaper : “I built this party. I spent ten years…I was the man who was there when everybody had left the party and to see it reaching to level, it hurts,” he claimed.

 

 

Quote Jagdeo Newspaper : “They never called me, nobody called….

There is nobody in the AFC that has more support than me… whether Indo Guyanese or … the Afro-Guyanese I brought to the AFC. No ody that has made more sacrifices than me”, he said. He plans on moving on from here and vows to continue to struggle for the development of Guyanese at different levels.

 XXXXXXXXXXX

This Chap will serve the PPP good....Seriously...he claim he win 7 seats fuh de AFC, Trotman, Ramjattan, Holder, Valarie, Cathy & Nigel Hughes and Moses did not do anything..... This Chap is a winner....like Kwame.

 

Between Kwame & Sextus

PPP can get 14 More seats.

 

Now who will the PPP choose

as the Prime Minister.

 

Both Kwame & Sextus claiming to be Heavy-weight.

 

This chap clain he is no $3 Bill Like Kwame

he want replace Kwame in the PPP Leadership 

I supporting Sextus

he start AFC before it was Formed in 2006

and he Bring 7 Seats to De Table

Originally Posted by Conscience:

Since 1992 free and fair elections are conducted in Guyana, ballots not counted by the Army but at every polling stations.

Jagdeo got in Bed with Kwame around 2000.

Part of the Corbin Deal

 

In 1992 & 1997 Election

Kwame was in PNC street Demonstrations....

Burning Regent Street Indian Business....

 

CaribJ can confirm this.

If Kwame say CaribJ is a Black Racist....

I will have to remind him

CaribJ say he do not like Bugga like Kwame

Originally Posted by Shaitaan:

I don't think the AFC should demonize this man. He resigned on principle. Leave it that and wish him well.

Buddy no one Demonize de Brother...

Jagdeo Paper publish a lot of lies...

The man is a Decent Man....

That is why I support him as PPP PM.

 

I hope yuh join and support him.

De man got more support than Kwame.

Dear Mr. (no-conscience) Conscience:

 

I have not seen anything where Mr. Sextus was attacked by the AFC.  I have also not seen any attacks on Yusuf.

 

I am sure Mr. Sextus' contribution is well appreciated. In any organization and especially in Politics, you will not win it all, and people will part ways.

 

I wondered why Yusuf was not removed as Councillor as I have never heard this PPP mole say anything nice about the AFC.

 

 

Originally Posted by Conscience:

The A.F.C goons are desperately trying damage control, but the damage has already done, it was made official on St.Valentine's Day. As the former A.F.C GS said, more high profile resignation is expected soon from the political gathering.

There will be resignations from the PPP too, Conscience.

 

ANOTHER HIGH RANKING AFC MEMBER RESIGNS!

As the fallout continues over the Alliance for Change(AFC) merger with the PNC’s A Partnership for National Unity(APNU) yet another senior member of that opposition party has resigned. Balwant Persaud, a member of the AFC’s executive today submitted his resignation. Persaud cited the party’s betrayal by joining with the PNC, internal corruption and cronyism as some of the reasons behind his decision. This brings to two, the number of high ranking members to have resigned over the past few days. Former General Secretary Sixtus Edwards also broke ranks and listed similar reasons. He told one media entity that at least five other senior officials are expected to do the same shortly.

Originally Posted by Jalil:

Shaitan who would you pick

as PPP PM

Kwame or Sextus?

(PM....I mean Prime Minister...not Panty Man)

Councie start shiting up his Pants...he frighten Sextus

This is how you treat your senior members?

 

phew, thankfully I did not join up despite all the invitations.

for the record, as the archives would show, I always said the AFC was an anti-PPP party, not a party of change.  I also predicted years ago that AFC wil be a PNC arm. Check the archives!

Guyanese are so naive where it comes to politics

Originally Posted by Shaitaan:

I don't think the AFC should demonize this man. He resigned on principle. Leave it that and wish him well.

I agree fully.

Please note that no AFC leader has publicly attacked Mr Edwards for resigning.

Now that Mr Edwards has reportedly made certain claims about the AFC in the Guyana Times, it would be reasonable to expect a rebuttal by AFC leadership.

Originally Posted by TI:
Originally Posted by Jalil:

Shaitan who would you pick

as PPP PM

Kwame or Sextus?

(PM....I mean Prime Minister...not Panty Man)

Councie start shiting up his Pants...he frighten Sextus

This is how you treat your senior members?

 

phew, thankfully I did not join up despite all the invitations.

for the record, as the archives would show, I always said the AFC was an anti-PPP party, not a party of change.  I also predicted years ago that AFC wil be a PNC arm. Check the archives!

Guyanese are so naive where it comes to politics

 

These morons are turning people off left and right with their behavior. They cannot afford to alienate their potential support which already small to begin with.

 

I feel great that I did not sign that membership form as well. Apparently, no dissent is allowed.

 

These people don't understand their precarious position and they're behaving like little gods.

Originally Posted by TI:
Originally Posted by Jalil:

Shaitan who would you pick

as PPP PM

Kwame or Sextus?

(PM....I mean Prime Minister...not Panty Man)

Councie start shiting up his Pants...he frighten Sextus

This is how you treat your senior members?

 

phew, thankfully I did not join up despite all the invitations.

for the record, as the archives would show, I always said the AFC was an anti-PPP party, not a party of change.  I also predicted years ago that AFC wil be a PNC arm. Check the archives!

Guyanese are so naive where it comes to politics

Please show me where anyone treat Sextus bad.

 

Pointing out to the Lies published in the Jagdeo Newspaper

is not attacking Sextus.

 

Do you think Sextus will say something like.....

AFC was formed less than 9 years ago....

but I have been a member of AFC for 10 years?

 

Do you think Sextus will say .......

I got all the Votes that give the AFC 7 Seats?

 

Nothing is wrong if Sextus join PPP.....

If anything that is written in the Jagdeo Paper is truth....

the PPP's Problem in naming a Prime Minister Candidate is solved.

 

But Everything they say in Jagdeo Newspaper is Lies...

and what is wrong with exposing their lies.

If senior Blacks in the AFC are not happy about this deal. Imagine the senior Indians. Then imagine the ordinary Indians who have nothing personally to gain.

 

Sextus may have become a Minister in the AFC and he obviously worked his heart out for the AFC and he feels very strongly about this.

 

Personally, I applaud the man for his principled position. I don't know many principled people in Guyana ready to resign for stuff. I'm deeply impressed.

Originally Posted by Conscience:

AFC leaders betray core values, principles – former GS

 

Former AFC General Secretary, Sixtus Edwards

Former AFC General Secretary, Sixtus Edwards

AFC/APNU coalition pact

 

…massive internal conflicts; more resignations expected

 

By Michael Younge

 

The Alliance For Change (AFC) has undermined its own core values and principles which appealed to thousands of Guyanese who were not willing to continue to give their support to the People’s National Congress Reform (PNCR), the A Partnership for National Unity (APNU) or the ruling People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C) at the polls again.

The party has also destroyed the foundation which set it apart as a third force and choice for young people who wanted “real positive change” and “a new political culture” which would see those with murky hands and vendettas removed from the country’s governance structures in the future.

AFC Leader Khemraj Ramjattan

AFC Leader Khemraj Ramjattan

These are sentiments expressed by former General Secretary and Executive Member of the AFC, Sixtus Edwards during an exclusive interview with theGuyana Times on Wednesday.

Edwards who tendered his resignation earlier this month, explained that he felt betrayed by the party which he helped build pillar by pillar after its formation back in 2006. He admitted that while he said he resigned for “personal reasons”, many National Executive Members and others who were familiar with the internal politics of the party know that there was more to his decision to depart the AFC. “The reason why I left the party is because of the people within there are not keeping with their core values”, he said sternly. He explained that back in 2006 when the AFC was formed, the party Executives and members swore that they would remain neutral offering hope to those who were willing to leave their homes in the PPP/C and PNC to join a journey to heal and change Guyana.

“We should have remained neutral…and for the people,” Edwards said passionately during the interview alleging that the AFC has now been watered down to an alliance of hate and vengeance against the PPP/C. “There is nothing there for our youths. They have in no way kept those principles and values which we laboured for alive. You eating back your words by joining the APNU and I do not want to be in an organisation like that”, he declared. Asked whether he was sure he made the right decision when he left the party, Edwards responded in the positive.

 

Losing electoral support

Meanwhile, Edwards, who has been with the AFC for over ten years now, believes that the party will lose massive electoral support. “The middle ground is gone…” he advised. He also put this newspaper on notice that lots of people have already walked away from the AFC and are continuing to do so. Asked to clarify, Edwards said that he had reason to believe that more Executives were planning to resign over the coming weeks because the party was not adhering to its Constitution of core values. “There are lots of coverups taking place. Everyone wants family, sister, and brother to be in the party and hold positions. Lots of corruption, cronyism and nepotism are taking place”, he insisted.

“A lot of people more will leave….”

For the first time, Edwards alleged that there was widespread fixing and tampering with the process to elect internal leaders for the AFC. “At the last conference…people were not voting…there were no nominations….for the people to hold post of Chairman, Vice Chairman….General Secretary”, he alleged. Asked again to clarify his statement, Edwards said “There were no nominations…the people were told that the party had already sorted this aspect of the conference out”. “ninety per cent of the people wanted to vote me back in as GS, but there was no real nominations….” he reiterated. Questioned why the party members attending the conference did not object to this undemocratic practice, the former General Secretary said “[that] they (Executive) had already worked out the thing…it happened before.”

“I built this party. I spent ten years…I was the man who was there when everybody had left the party and to see it reaching to level, it hurts,” he claimed. He denied that he never raised his concerns with the Executive before. “These concerns have been shared many times, year after year.”

Edwards also confirmed that no one from the Executive reached out to him following his resignation or even placed a call to him despite his sterling contributions to the AFC and his ability to galvanise large amounts of support from all the regions.

“They never called me, nobody called…. There is nobody in the AFC that has more support than me… whether Indo Guyanese or … the Afro-Guyanese I brought to the AFC. No ody that has made more sacrifices than me”, he said. He plans on moving on from here and vows to continue to struggle for the development of Guyanese at different levels.

 

 

extracted from the Guyana Times

The AFC don't care about anyone but themselves. Same for the APNU and PPP. The AFC is a party without principles and has sold out its core values out to APNU. All they want is the POWER to kick you after the elections.

Originally Posted by Jalil:
Originally Posted by Conscience:

Since 1992 free and fair elections are conducted in Guyana, ballots not counted by the Army but at every polling stations.

Jagdeo got in Bed with Kwame around 2000.

Part of the Corbin Deal

 

In 1992 & 1997 Election

Kwame was in PNC street Demonstrations....

Burning Regent Street Indian Business....

 

CaribJ can confirm this.

If Kwame say CaribJ is a Black Racist....

I will have to remind him

CaribJ say he do not like Bugga like Kwame

Jalil, how long have you been following Kwame...you don't seem to get him off your mind. Are you jealous of the people the man is servicing ? Like you want to bend down fuh Kwame. You better get it now, because if the PPP lose the election, you will lose your best chance to get his night stick.

 

I believe in freedom of association and freedom of dissociation. I joined the PPP voluntarily in August 1969 and departed voluntarily in May 1992.

Mr Sextus Edwards has done the same with the AFC. I respect his decision.

Originally Posted by Conscience:

AFC leaders betray core values, principles – former GS

 

Former AFC General Secretary, Sixtus Edwards

Former AFC General Secretary, Sixtus Edwards

AFC/APNU coalition pact

 

…massive internal conflicts; more resignations expected

 

By Michael Younge

 

The Alliance For Change (AFC) has undermined its own core values and principles which appealed to thousands of Guyanese who were not willing to continue to give their support to the People’s National Congress Reform (PNCR), the A Partnership for National Unity (APNU) or the ruling People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C) at the polls again.

The party has also destroyed the foundation which set it apart as a third force and choice for young people who wanted “real positive change” and “a new political culture” which would see those with murky hands and vendettas removed from the country’s governance structures in the future.

AFC Leader Khemraj Ramjattan

AFC Leader Khemraj Ramjattan

These are sentiments expressed by former General Secretary and Executive Member of the AFC, Sixtus Edwards during an exclusive interview with theGuyana Times on Wednesday.

Edwards who tendered his resignation earlier this month, explained that he felt betrayed by the party which he helped build pillar by pillar after its formation back in 2006. He admitted that while he said he resigned for “personal reasons”, many National Executive Members and others who were familiar with the internal politics of the party know that there was more to his decision to depart the AFC. “The reason why I left the party is because of the people within there are not keeping with their core values”, he said sternly. He explained that back in 2006 when the AFC was formed, the party Executives and members swore that they would remain neutral offering hope to those who were willing to leave their homes in the PPP/C and PNC to join a journey to heal and change Guyana.

“We should have remained neutral…and for the people,” Edwards said passionately during the interview alleging that the AFC has now been watered down to an alliance of hate and vengeance against the PPP/C. “There is nothing there for our youths. They have in no way kept those principles and values which we laboured for alive. You eating back your words by joining the APNU and I do not want to be in an organisation like that”, he declared. Asked whether he was sure he made the right decision when he left the party, Edwards responded in the positive.

 

Losing electoral support

Meanwhile, Edwards, who has been with the AFC for over ten years now, believes that the party will lose massive electoral support. “The middle ground is gone…” he advised. He also put this newspaper on notice that lots of people have already walked away from the AFC and are continuing to do so. Asked to clarify, Edwards said that he had reason to believe that more Executives were planning to resign over the coming weeks because the party was not adhering to its Constitution of core values. “There are lots of coverups taking place. Everyone wants family, sister, and brother to be in the party and hold positions. Lots of corruption, cronyism and nepotism are taking place”, he insisted.

“A lot of people more will leave….”

For the first time, Edwards alleged that there was widespread fixing and tampering with the process to elect internal leaders for the AFC. “At the last conference…people were not voting…there were no nominations….for the people to hold post of Chairman, Vice Chairman….General Secretary”, he alleged. Asked again to clarify his statement, Edwards said “There were no nominations…the people were told that the party had already sorted this aspect of the conference out”. “ninety per cent of the people wanted to vote me back in as GS, but there was no real nominations….” he reiterated. Questioned why the party members attending the conference did not object to this undemocratic practice, the former General Secretary said “[that] they (Executive) had already worked out the thing…it happened before.”

“I built this party. I spent ten years…I was the man who was there when everybody had left the party and to see it reaching to level, it hurts,” he claimed. He denied that he never raised his concerns with the Executive before. “These concerns have been shared many times, year after year.”

Edwards also confirmed that no one from the Executive reached out to him following his resignation or even placed a call to him despite his sterling contributions to the AFC and his ability to galvanise large amounts of support from all the regions.

“They never called me, nobody called…. There is nobody in the AFC that has more support than me… whether Indo Guyanese or … the Afro-Guyanese I brought to the AFC. No ody that has made more sacrifices than me”, he said. He plans on moving on from here and vows to continue to struggle for the development of Guyanese at different levels.

 

 

extracted from the Guyana Times

 

The AFC will rot in hell !

 

I have been saying that the AFC is a corrupt organization and is governed by a bunch of shameless dawgs.

 

Shame on the AFC !

Originally Posted by Dondadda:
Originally Posted by Jalil:
Originally Posted by Conscience:

Since 1992 free and fair elections are conducted in Guyana, ballots not counted by the Army but at every polling stations.

Jagdeo got in Bed with Kwame around 2000.

Part of the Corbin Deal

 

In 1992 & 1997 Election

Kwame was in PNC street Demonstrations....

Burning Regent Street Indian Business....

 

CaribJ can confirm this.

If Kwame say CaribJ is a Black Racist....

I will have to remind him

CaribJ say he do not like Bugga like Kwame

Jalil, how long have you been following Kwame...you don't seem to get him off your mind. Are you jealous of the people the man is servicing ? Like you want to bend down fuh Kwame. You better get it now, because if the PPP lose the election, you will lose your best chance to get his night stick.

 

Donna.....

why are you so defensive everytime we expose Kwame?

What have I said about your Main squeeze

that is not True.

 

Only Kwame wife would be getting upset like you.....

I am not accusing Kwame....

But with U so nervous....

we never know.

“The middle ground is gone…” he advised. He also put this newspaper on notice that lots of people have already walked away from the AFC and are continuing to do so. Asked to clarify, Edwards said that he had reason to believe that more Executives were planning to resign over the coming weeks because the party was not adhering to its Constitution of core values. “There are lots of coverups taking place. Everyone wants family, sister, and brother to be in the party and hold positions. Lots of corruption, cronyism and nepotism are taking place”, he insisted.

Originally Posted by yuji22:

“The middle ground is gone…” he advised. He also put this newspaper on notice that lots of people have already walked away from the AFC and are continuing to do so. Asked to clarify, Edwards said that he had reason to believe that more Executives were planning to resign over the coming weeks because the party was not adhering to its Constitution of core values. “There are lots of coverups taking place. Everyone wants family, sister, and brother to be in the party and hold positions. Lots of corruption, cronyism and nepotism are taking place”, he insisted.

 

Is how much money ayuh pay the AFC fuh coalesce wid de PNC?

Originally Posted by Shaitaan:
Originally Posted by yuji22:

“The middle ground is gone…” he advised. He also put this newspaper on notice that lots of people have already walked away from the AFC and are continuing to do so. Asked to clarify, Edwards said that he had reason to believe that more Executives were planning to resign over the coming weeks because the party was not adhering to its Constitution of core values. “There are lots of coverups taking place. Everyone wants family, sister, and brother to be in the party and hold positions. Lots of corruption, cronyism and nepotism are taking place”, he insisted.

 

Is how much money ayuh pay the AFC fuh coalesce wid de PNC?

 

Bhai

 

The AFC destroyed themselves. They are in an implosion mode.

 

You made an accurate political assessment of the blunder of the AFC and now this bombshell.

Originally Posted by yuji22:
Originally Posted by Shaitaan:
Originally Posted by yuji22:

“The middle ground is gone…” he advised. He also put this newspaper on notice that lots of people have already walked away from the AFC and are continuing to do so. Asked to clarify, Edwards said that he had reason to believe that more Executives were planning to resign over the coming weeks because the party was not adhering to its Constitution of core values. “There are lots of coverups taking place. Everyone wants family, sister, and brother to be in the party and hold positions. Lots of corruption, cronyism and nepotism are taking place”, he insisted.

 

Is how much money ayuh pay the AFC fuh coalesce wid de PNC?

 

Bhai

 

The AFC destroyed themselves. They are in an implosion mode.

 

You made an accurate political assessment of the blunder of the AFC and now this bombshell.

 

I wanna know who in the AFC tek buyout to do this. I cannot find any justification for this Coalition except enormous arrogance on the part of AFC or people who think dem moh smart than dem coolie voters.

 

They can't even hold onto the AFC Blacks like Sextus. What makes them think the Indians are gonna stick around either?

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×
×