Skip to main content

$9Billion yes nine billions dollars will be pumped into the ailing GUYSUCO,that amounts to $9,000,000,000.00 subsidy to assist 20,000 employees,it will cost the tax payers $500,000.00 per employee.

The government budgeted $300M to celebrate the 50th independence anniversary where the entire nation of 750,000 people will celebrate the important milestone,50 years of freedom from the shackles of colonialism.The amount of taxpayers dollars spent will be $400.00 per person.

The whiners don't support the gov't,they see it as a big fete for the government supporters,who ever wants to stay home on that day,no problem more than 60 percent will show their patriotism,while you sit whining on this great day.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Drugb posted:

In fact one can argue that this is a poor business decision by the afc/apnu, keep propping up an ailing industry. They could have closed down the industry and divvied up the 9 billion among the workers as a one time payoff. Avoiding further payoffs and a drain on the budget. 

Totally true,but sugar is the largest foreign exchange earner  so what the past gov't and current gov't is doing is pumping local money to get foreign dollars,pretty cool eh.

Django
Drugb posted:

This is not true, the 9 billion is not trickling down to the workers, instead it is going to pay apnu/afc fat cats in management positions. If they had shared out the 9 billion in welfare checks directly to the workers then this statement would have been correct. 

Bhai the money going to prop up  GUYSUCO,so every one in the industry benefits.

Django
Bibi Haniffa posted:

Go and tell the people of Wales Sugar Estate this and tell me what happens.  And why didn't the rice farmers not even get one black cent???

Suh the gov't should pump the $300M in Wales,alyuh aint got nothing to bitch about,suh you all making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Sit back and watch how a country does run,alyuh does seh they don't know this and know that,keep on bowing to the fake Economist he is noting more than two bit hustler,who puts wool over your eyes with flowery words and steal from you,the biggest con Guyana ever got.

Django
Last edited by Django
Django posted:
Drugb posted:

In fact one can argue that this is a poor business decision by the afc/apnu, keep propping up an ailing industry. They could have closed down the industry and divvied up the 9 billion among the workers as a one time payoff. Avoiding further payoffs and a drain on the budget. 

Totally true,but sugar is the largest foreign exchange earner  so what the past gov't and current gov't is doing is pumping local money to get foreign dollars,pretty cool eh.

Is there a net gain? I don't think so.   The Islands all closed down their sugar industry.   Spending 9 billion to get foreign exchange is questionable at best.  They still have to spend billions in US dollars on supplies/fuel/parts etc to fund the sugar industry only to get back less than they have spent. Don't make sense, it not even a wash but rather a loss. 

FM
Drugb posted:
Django posted:
Drugb posted:

Is there a net gain? I don't think so.   The Islands all closed down their sugar industry.   Spending 9 billion to get foreign exchange is questionable at best.  They still have to spend billions in US dollars on supplies/fuel/parts etc to fund the sugar industry only to get back less than they have spent. Don't make sense, it not even a wash but rather a loss. 

In a business sense it is not feasible,it is tough to sell that to the workers and the union,you are aware of the political ramifications.

Django
Django posted:

$9Billion yes nine billions dollars will be pumped into the ailing GUYSUCO,that amounts to $9,000,000,000.00 subsidy to assist 20,000 employees,it will cost the tax payers $500,000.00 per employee.

The government budgeted $300M to celebrate the 50th independence anniversary where the entire nation of 750,000 people will celebrate the important milestone,50 years of freedom from the shackles of colonialism.The amount of taxpayers dollars spent will be $400.00 per person.

The whiners don't support the gov't,they see it as a big fete for the government supporters,who ever wants to stay home on that day,no problem more than 60 percent will show their patriotism,while you sit whining on this great day.

You have lost your memory, and you are talking crap.  

When sugar was making money and was the only foreign exchange earner for decades , no one bitch.  

Suddenly you get back your senses conveniently.  

FM
ian posted:
Django posted:

You have lost your memory, and you are talking crap.  

When sugar was making money and was the only foreign exchange earner for decades , no one bitch.  

Suddenly you get back your senses conveniently.  

Can you point to the years when sugar was king.?

Django
Mr.T posted:

The Wales sugar farmers have had years of free money for sugar that is next to worthless. The rive farmers are private business owners. Why should they get money for nothing? No wonder the country is in such poor financial state. The PPP just wants to hand out money.

Linden live off the sweat and blood of other tax payers. You drink your milk out of them, then run away. The country get poor, because the first 15 KW of electricity is FREE to them then they pay $ 5. Per KW after  and  everyone else pay $48. 

Burnham use to send his army who walks into Indian rice miller and demand truck loads of rice which was distributed FREE to Linden while they party and make no contributions to the country. 

The country get poor cause Indian tax payers money was only spend in Blacks neighborhood. 

Knucklehead, under PPP Guyana get back on the world map. We were the poorest country on the hemisphere. Thanks to your people who was running it. I PITY YOU FOOL. 

FM
Django posted:
Bibi Haniffa posted:

Go and tell the people of Wales Sugar Estate this and tell me what happens.  And why didn't the rice farmers not even get one black cent???

Suh the gov't should pump the $300M in Wales,alyuh aint got nothing to bitch about,suh you all making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Sit back and watch how a country does run,alyuh does seh they don't know this and know that,keep on bowing to the fake Economist he is noting more than two bit hustler,who puts wool over your eyes with flowery words and steal from you,the biggest con Guyana ever got.

Who is saying the government should pump money into Wales?? You are so stupid and biased I won't even bother arguing with you.

Bibi Haniffa
Bibi Haniffa posted:
Django posted:
Bibi Haniffa posted:

Who is saying the government should pump money into Wales?? You are so stupid and biased I won't even bother arguing with you.

Where am i bias ?,i speak the facts,by the way who you calling stupid.

Django
ian posted:

Knucklehead, under PPP Guyana get back on the world map. We were the poorest country on the hemisphere. Thanks to your people who was running it. I PITY YOU FOOL. 

You seem so proud of the fact that we have gone from the poorest to the 2nd poorest country. Now imagine if Haiti did not have that earth quake, which helped us to improve our position in the world.

Mr.T
Mr.T posted:
ian posted:

You seem so proud of the fact that we have gone from the poorest to the 2nd poorest country. Now imagine if Haiti did not have that earth quake, which helped us to improve our position in the world.

Knucklehead 38 % of the population don't like to work, unless that percentage wake up and start to work and contribute, Guyana will get no where. 

And I am proud YES  we are in third place and not the bottom where your God father leave us. 

The PPP remove us from that position before the earthquake dummy. 

We are heading back there with this current Government. 

FM
Django posted:

Django, thank you for putting the $300M Independence allowance in its proper perspective. As of now, Guysuco employs 17,000 workers and not 20,000 as you mentioned.

The $9 Billion allocated to Guysuco is 3,000 times more than the $300 million allocated for the entire nation of over 750,000 people to celebrate Guyana's 50th Independence Anniversary. Besides, the national economy will get a big inflow of foreign currency from the thousands of overseas-based Guyanese who will travel back home to celebrate. In net terms, less than $300M will be spent. 

FM
Nehru posted:

Django, I will be surprise if you are that STUPID.  Now listen slowly, 9 Billion INVESTMEBT to make Billions is NOT, pay attention now, is not the same as 300Million fuh Backball and wine and go down low!!!

What investment? No amount of money is going to make the sugar industry profitable again. Sugar is on its death bed. It's time to give it a dignified funeral.

Mr.T
ian posted:
Mr.T posted:
ian posted:

Knucklehead 38 % of the population don't like to work, unless that percentage wake up and start to work and contribute, Guyana will get no where. 

And I am proud YES  we are in third place and not the bottom where your God father leave us. 

Most of us are aware that a large part of the East Indian population don't like to work. They rather wait for reparations and a chance to smuggle some coke to the US and Canada. But that is no excuse not to help the rest of the population who have not benefited from the crime fuelled economy that the PPP and Jagdeo introduced to the country.

I would also appreciate it if you stop calling me names. I am not a man to complain to admin, but since Amral is now in the banning mode I might be tempted to take offence to your inability to act like an adult male instead of a whore in a rumshop.

Mr.T
Django posted:
Bibi Haniffa posted:
Django posted:
Bibi Haniffa posted:

There is a big difference between cutting and pasting 22 hours a day on GNI and speaking the facts.  Who you calling fake Economist?

Bibi Haniffa
Drugb posted:

one can argue that this is a poor business decision by the afc/apnu, keep propping up an ailing industry. 

I actually agree. Governments job is to facilitate private enterprise but not to build, control and manage the business to eternity. It is time all of sugar be privatized or diversified to more economically viable alternatives.

This money could have been spent on subsidizing them for other farming ventures or for adult literacy leading to training in other areas. Doesn't Guyana need plumbers, electricians, carpenters, computer technicians, chefs, vet assistants, hotel management personnel, more small mom and pop operations such as oraganic jams, jellies, dried fruits for snacks etc?

There workers with a willingness can easily be transformed into any of the above

FM
Bibi Haniffa posted:
Django posted:
Bibi Haniffa posted:
Django posted:
Bibi Haniffa posted:

There is a big difference between cutting and pasting 22 hours a day on GNI and speaking the facts.  Who you calling fake Economist?

The Soviet trained con man.

Django

There are no investment banks in Guyana. Once a person becomes 60 years of age in Guyana, no banks in Guyana gives a business loan. The GAIBANK was an avenue for small business loans, but CBJ closed the bank. Since that time, small investors at a lost.

However, there are so many things that could move the economy.

Crowdfunding could make things get on the move. Some site where a person with an idea could go to for a review and funding.

S
Drugb posted:
Django posted:
Drugb posted:

For years I have been saying, manufacture spare arts in Guyana.

S

What is going on with the Budget? $9 Billion for Guysuso? The PM was in Richmond New York shouting about how he and the his coalition government will be allocating $12 Billion to Guysuco. What happen to the other $3 Billion? Did he deposited it in a secret bank in New York? Moses is the golden jubilee celebration point man, lets start the  bacchanal. The pool of $$ is now $3 billion $300 million small.

FM
Mr.T posted:
ian posted:
Mr.T posted:
ian posted:

Most of us are aware that a large part of the East Indian population don't like to work. They rather wait for reparations and a chance to smuggle some coke to the US and Canada. But that is no excuse not to help the rest of the population who have not benefited from the crime fuelled economy that the PPP and Jagdeo introduced to the country.

I would also appreciate it if you stop calling me names. I am not a man to complain to admin, but since Amral is now in the banning mode I might be tempted to take offence to your inability to act like an adult male instead of a whore in a rumshop.

I don't know how whores behave in Rum Shop... share your experiences !! You seems to have lots.

Blacks are the biggest smugglers of drugs knucklehead . 

Knucklehead is in the dictionary but if the meaning described your intelligence... I don't know. 

FM
Django posted:
Bibi Haniffa posted:
Django posted:
Bibi Haniffa posted:
Django posted:
Bibi Haniffa posted:

The Soviet trained con man.

And who would that be?

Bibi Haniffa
RiffRaff posted:

SUgar dead....

9 billion being wasted

300 millon is better spent to attract tourists

In economics, one has to view the whole picture. By giving Guysuco 12 billion, does that generate an overall deficit for the country's revenue. It is better to spend the 12 billion and keep people employed.  But, then the government has to move its rear end and find ALTERNATIVES. And damn QUICK. 

S

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.