Skip to main content

As a woman, I’ve always had a long, painful, love-hate relationship with my bra.

These pretty, elegant undergarments are one of the most potent symbols of femininity around, and they are solidly tied to the idea of what it is to be a woman. Women have been wearing them in one form or another since antiquity, as we saw with this ancient undergarment.

Today, bras are ubiquitous in daily life, worn by just about every woman, with the belief that they provide much-needed chest support. But how much of the bra’s usefulness is real, and how much of it is a myth?

It may surprise you to learn just how many advantages of the bra are a bit exaggerated. While it totally depends on your body type and comfort level, there are tons of situations and occasions where a bra might be totally unnecessary.

In fact, there are a ton of benefits to ditching the undergarment entirely!

Perk #1: Bras Have Zero Effect On ‘Perkiness’

Perk #1: Bras Have Zero Effect On ‘Perkiness’

Tayra Lucero for LittleThings

A lot of women feel that they have to wear a bra, because otherwise their ‘girls’ will start to sag and lose their perkiness.

In fact, a long-running French study has proven that bras most likely have the opposite effect, causing breasts to lose their shape over time.

According to the study, that’s because the “support” of the bra weakens the muscles in the chest, making the breasts droop and reinforces the idea that a bra is necessary in a never-ending cycle.

Perk #2: Your Circulation Will Get A Boost

Perk #2: Your Circulation Will Get A Boost

We don’t normally think about our bras causing health symptoms, but you might be surprised by the impact on your cardiovascular wellness.

After all, when you think about it, what is a bra if not a giant rubber band squeezing around your chest?

All that tightness and squeezing can slow and impede your circulation by compressing your major blood vessels.

Establishing a bra-free routine will help the blood flow freely, and might boost your energy and overall health as a result!

Perk #3: Your Sleep Cycle Will Thank You

Perk #3: Your Sleep Cycle Will Thank You

If you have a hard time getting to sleep at night, your bra may be to blame.

For one thing, it used to be common practice to wear your bra at night, which inevitably led to discomfort and difficulty sleeping.

For another, even if you don’t wear a bra at night, they might still be wreaking havoc from afar by impacting your circadian rhythms, as demonstrated by this study, and keeping you from getting a full night’s sleep.

If you ask us, getting a full night’s sleep is well worth ditching bras for good!

Perk #4: Your Breast Health Will Improve

Perk #4: Your Breast Health Will Improve

That same French study about breast ‘perkiness’ also makes sure to state that bras are not actually dangerous to your health in most cases.

The exception is bras that don’t fit well, which can cause rib pain, shortness of breath, and other medical complaints, according to Cosmo.

Going sans-brassiere may also improve the health of your skin and muscles as blood flow improves, muscle tone tightens, and sweat and dirt are no longer trapped against the skin by material that doesn’t breathe.

Perk #5: You’ll Be Comfy

Perk #5: You’ll Be Comfy

There’s a rush of relief that comes with taking off your bra at the end of a long day.

And the relief of stripping down is about twice as sweet if the bra in question happens to be lacy, itchy, or just a hair too tight.

Now, imagine feeling that level of comfort and freedom all day, every day.

If you ask us, that alone is a blissful enough reason to change your relationship with the bra!

Perk #6: You Might Gain A Cup Size

Perk #6: You Might Gain A Cup Size

Lots of us reach for a push-up bra when we want to look more buxom. It seems like the easiest way to create instant cleavage and a bigger chest.

In fact, the best way to build up your cup size long-term might just be ditching the cups entirely.

That’s because letting your breasts hang naturally forces the pectoral muscles to work and resist gravity.

Though the breasts themselves won’t actually grow, the firmed-up muscles will help to boost your chest and make it appear fuller overall.

Perk #7: You Can Save Money For Another Time

Perk #7: You Can Save Money For Another Time

Bras do not come cheap, even when you manage to snag one on sale.

Often, the process of tracking down the right bra in the right size leaves you so worn out that you’re willing to buy it at any price, which leads to lots of women forking over an arm and a leg for any bra that fits.

Why not save the $58 (double that if you buy it in black, too) and spend it on something that you really want or need?

Cutting down on your bra purchases will certainly save you a pretty penny in the long run!

Perk #8: It Will Enhance Your Shape

Perk #8: It Will Enhance Your Shape

While you don’t have to skip the bra absolutely all of the time, establishing the habit of going all natural has a great effect overall on your breast shape.

If you want your breasts to appear fuller, rounder, and perkier, ditching the bra can have a huge long-term effect.

Don’t expect to see results right away, but letting your ‘girls’ go free is essentially an effort-free fitness regime.

Your chest muscles will strengthen over time and help to round you out for your ideal shape!

What do you think? Would you ever give up your bras?

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yeahhh preach it baby, preach it. Another benefit would be at any time a boob or two could fall out, giving mankind a glimpse at those puppies. Quite tittillating I might add.

cain
Last edited by cain

You never know, as per Amral lots to see where he works hanging left right center and all direction and sizes.  Why you think the man need new glasses every year, with stronger lens each year so he can get the best view of the different jugs available to him.

Curly_Sue

I was in DC recently, big rainstorm, this chick wearing a very thin outfit (no bra) because temps were over 90, got caught in the rain....let's just say she had a hard time covering up with her arms because her boobs were oversized

FM

Riff... and how was your anxiety level during this traumatic event? In the interest of accurate news, please report these critical incidents immediately. The denizens of GNI must be made aware! Thank you for your cooperation. Sincerely, Anta the Banta.

A

Anta D'Banta you see how that Riff stay banna. The banna ketch lil fateye and instead of sharing with his bros...noooo..just like the woman, he tried covering it up. When I went through that trauma just a couple days ago I immediately brought it to the attention of you people onRon's thread and it felt oh so good sharing.

cain
cain posted:

Anta D'Banta you see how that Riff stay banna. The banna ketch lil fateye and instead of sharing with his bros...noooo..just like the woman, he tried covering it up. When I went through that trauma just a couple days ago I immediately brought it to the attention of you people onRon's thread and it felt oh so good sharing.

You just keep on doing the right thing pardna. People like Riff is kanta.

A
Curly_Sue posted:
Tola posted:

Boobs,boobs, boobs and mo boobs.

Me pak me grip an me gane. Have a great day.

Uncle Tola where you heading, to Boobs Island or South Korea?  I hope you packed your safety gears.

Curly, only one person know bout me visit to Boobs Island and dem na talk.

Tola
Tola posted:
Curly_Sue posted:
Tola posted:

Uncle Tola where you heading, to Boobs Island or South Korea?  I hope you packed your safety gears.

Well I saw the pictures Amral posted about South Korea.  I need to visit that place.  Lots of lolos, different colours, shapes, sizes, curves and hangs...  I have to wear sun glasses to protect my eyes.

Curly_Sue
Curly_Sue posted:
Tola posted:
Curly_Sue posted:
Tola posted:

Well I saw the pictures Amral posted about South Korea.  I need to visit that place.  Lots of lolos, different colours, shapes, sizes, curves and hangs...  I have to wear sun glasses to protect my eyes.

Well, as long as all you are covering are your eyes, the lolos will be pleased, even happy.

FM
Last edited by Former Member
Curly_Sue posted:
Tola posted:
Curly_Sue posted:
Tola posted:

Curly, for a woman who brave GNI wid an open mind, you alright in me book.  But me show me book once to a lil gyal in primary school and she slapped me, while saying  'you short pants batty holes'.

Tola
Tola posted:
Curly_Sue posted:
Tola posted:
Curly_Sue posted:
Tola posted:

Curly, for a woman who brave GNI wid an open mind, you alright in me book.  But me show me book once to a lil gyal in primary school and she slapped me, while saying  'you short pants batty holes'.

Ahhh show me the book, I am an adult now I can only point and laugh.

Curly_Sue
ball posted:

Tola's trip trough the airport turnstile sideways he is going to Bangkok 

Bill, there is a store in our town with a horizontal bar at the entrance, just below waist level. It gives a verbal ad as it is pushed open. It is also spring loaded and could surely send a guy to Bangkok, if its released too quickly. 

Tola
Curly_Sue posted:

Uncle Tola, how was Bangkok?  I hear they make good suits. They use a lot of latex material, including edible ones.

Curly, I will  not recommend going to BangKok without a tightly fitted latex suit. Because you might bring home some additional baggage, that your partner might not like.   

Tola

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.