Skip to main content

FM
Former Member

8 COUNTRIES DANGEROUS FOR WOMEN TO TRAVEL

---

READ MORE:

We've seen an alarming number of stories  about sex attacks on female travelers in recent weeks, from  a Swiss tourist who was gang-raped in India to an American student who  was raped in a van in Rio de Janeiro.

It doesn't mean that women shouldn't visit  foreign places or that no parts of those countries are safe. But women traveling  in these areas should do so with extreme caution and a knowledge of the  culture.

CARE TO GUESS THE 8 DANGEROUS COUNTRIES FOR WOMEN TRAVELLERS ?

Bet the PPP haters in political will say Guyana is one.

Rev

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by alena06:
Originally Posted by Rev Al:

#6 GUATEMALA

Bank of Antigua in Guatemala?  They have a presence in Guatemala?

HA HA HA HA

You are very observant alena. I didn't even notice that Bank of Antigua sign.

Anyway here is a link to Business Insider where I copy and pasted from:

http://www.businessinsider.com...l-2013-4#guatemala-6

BI clearly got their photos mixed up.

Rev

FM
Originally Posted by alena06:

#6 GUATEMALA

Bank of Antigua in Guatemala?  They have a presence in Guatemala?

HA HA HA HA

You are very observant alena. I didn't even notice that Bank of Antigua sign.

Anyway here is a link to Business Insider where I copy and pasted from:

http://www.businessinsider.com...l-2013-4#guatemala-6

BI clearly got their photos mixed up.

Rev

It's cool, np..Haven't seen people line up outside a bank in a while.

alena06
Originally Posted by Stinger:
Antigua is a lovely historic town in Guatemala It has nothing to do with the WI isle of Antigua

You are right and so on top of your Geography Freaky.  Have you been there?  There is a restaurant in Miami close to the airport called Antigua/Guatemala that we visit often when we are on vacation.  Now it makes sense.  

Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala

Superbly situated in a sweeping highland valley, suspended between the cones of Agua, Acatenango and Fuego volcanoes, is one of the Americas' most enchanting colonial cities: Antigua. In its day this was one of the great cities of the Spanish empire, ranking alongside Lima and Mexico City and serving as the administrative centre for all of Central America and Mexican Chiapas.These days Antigua is a haven of tranquillity, and it has become Guatemala's foremost tourist destination, a favoured hangout for travellers looking to ... More
Overview of Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
Information by Rough Guides

Superbly situated in a sweeping highland valley, suspended between the cones of Agua, Acatenango and Fuego volcanoes, is one of the Americas' most enchanting colonial cities: Antigua. In its day this was one of the great cities of the Spanish empire, ranking alongside Lima and Mexico City and serving as the administrative centre for all of Central America and Mexican Chiapas.

These days Antigua is a haven of tranquillity, and it has become Guatemala's foremost tourist destination, a favoured hangout for travellers looking to recharge. The beauty of the city itself is the main attraction, particularly its neat cobbled streets and grand Baroque-style colonial buildings. You'll find the ambience unhurried and enjoyable, with a sociable bar scene and superb choice of restaurants adding to the city's appeal. Antigua's language schools, some of the best in all Latin America, are another big draw, pulling in students from around the globe, and forming a vital part of the local economy. Antigua's Semana Santa (Holy Week) celebrations are perhaps the most extravagant and impressive in all Latin America – a week of vigils, processions and pageants commemorating the most solemn week of the Christian year. The big crowds of expats contribute to the town's cosmopolitan air, mingling with local villagers selling their wares in the streets and the middle-class Guatemalans who come here at weekends to eat, drink and enjoy themselves. The downside is that though it's a great place to wind down and eat well for a few days after you've been travelling hard, eventually this civilized, isolated world can perhaps seem a little too smug and comfortable. After a few days of sipping cappuccinos and munching croissants, you could almost forget that you're in Central America at all.

beautil view
alena06
Originally Posted by Riya:

I don't know about countries I wouldn't dare walk alone right here through the streets of Pine Hills, Florida.

Hmmm! It looks like a lot of Indians, Mexicans and Guatemalans live in Pine Hills---those 3 are among the top 8---they brought their bad habits to America---preying on women.

Rev

FM
Originally Posted by Riya:

Don't know about Indians living there.....definitely Mexicans,Haitians and other hispanics---l drove by once and that was enough

Actually I was wrong about Indians in Pine Hills---the Indian men living in America are more civilized than the lecherous, horny bastards living in India.

Rev

FM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.