Skip to main content

FM
Former Member
Vegetarians are considered people who have refrained from eating red meat, poultry, and fish for about a year or more of their lives. Some of the people listed are or were vegan, avoiding the use of all animal products, including eggs and dairy.
AthletesEntertainers
  1. Mac Danzig
  2. Walter "Killer" Kowalski
  3. Andy Lally
  4. Carl Lewis
  5. Martina Navratilova
  6. Bill Pearl
  7. Rich Roll
  8. Hannah Teter
  9. Mike Tyson
  10. Ricky Williams
  1. Pamela Anderson
  2. Russell Brand
  3. Ellen DeGeneres
  4. Paul McCartney
  5. Morrissey
  6. Ozzy Osbourne
  7. Natalie Portman
  8. Prince
  9. Fred Rogers ("Mister Rogers")
  10. Alicia Silverstone

Leaders & ActivistsScholars & InventorsWriters & Artists
  1. Brigitte Bardot
  2. Cesar ChÁvez
  3. Bill Clinton
  4. Benjamin Franklin
  5. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
  6. Coretta Scott King
  7. Dennis Kucinich
  8. Christine Lagarde
  9. Rosa Parks
  10. Russell Simmons
  1. Thomas Alva Edison
  2. Albert Einstein
  3. Jane Goodall, PhD
  4. Sylvester Graham
  5. Brian Greene, PhD
  6. Henry J. Heimlich, MD
  7. Steve Jobs
  8. John Harvey Kellogg, MD
  9. Peter Singer, BPhil
  10. Paul Wenner
  1. Jonathan Safran Foer
  2. Franz Kafka
  3. Richard Linklater
  4. Plutarch of Chaeronea in Boeotia
  5. Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
  6. Upton Sinclair
  7. George Bernard Shaw
  8. Leo Tolstoy
  9. Leonardo da Vinci
  10. Diane Warren

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by yuji22:

My hero Bill Clinton is now a vegetarian, I do not know if Monica has a role to play in his decision.

Unknown

Your hero cheated on his wife. Now see what he is cheating on:

Bill Clinton cheats β€” on his vegan diet

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS, SEPTEMBER 5, 2013 --- Bill Clinton's vegan stripes are being called into question after the former president revealed he still indulges in a serving of salmon and enjoys an omelet despite the diet’s strict ban on eating any animal products.

The former president boasted about his significant weight loss since adhering to the diet – a change encouraged by his vegan daughter Chelsea after Clinton’s heart trouble β€” in AARP Magazine’s August/September issue.

"I've stopped eating meat, cheese, milk, even fish. No dairy at all… I have so much more energy now! I feel great,” the 67-year-old told the magazine.

He says he has lost 20 pounds since he adopted the diet in 2010.

But just paragraphs later in the same article, the author reveals how Clinton still samples the delights of the animal kingdom.

β€œOnce a week or so” Clinton will indulge in a serving of salmon or an omelet, helping the senior citizen β€œmaintain iron, zinc and muscle mass.”

True believers called out the former statesman, saying they were β€œdisappointed” to learn Clinton eats fish and eggs weekly.

β€œThe headline is deceiving ~ you should report that he eats small amounts of animal products to maintain a healthy lifestyle, not that he is Vegan or Vegetarian!” one outraged vegan wrote in a comment on the article.

Another dished out harsh words for the former leader, "Clinton is NOT a vegan ... This man is still lying."

Back in 2011, in an interview with Sanjay Gupta, Clinton admitted that he cheated on his vegan diet on Thanksgiving.

"I had one bite of turkey," he told the CNN host.

======================

Gilbakka is scratching his head; between Bill and yuji, who is the bigger liar?

FM

THIS THREAD HAS POTENTIAL. IT CAN BE AN INTERESTING THREAD.

* But instead of my friend yuji posting photos of the vegetarians, he can share with us tidbits of some of those folks.

* For example, Paul McCartney once said, "if slaughter houses had glasses all humans would be vegatarians."

* That's an interesting tidbit, right there.

Rev

FM

RE: ALBERT EINSTEIN

* He is one of my favorite scientists. He was a man of immense wisdom.

* Einsten once said that people who wear leather and furs are people who don't feel comfortable in their own skins.

* On this VEGATARIAN thread yuji---that is the kind of tidbit which would make this thread interesting----not just a photo of Einstein.

Rev

FM
Last edited by Former Member
Originally Posted by Miraver:

I have never tried to be a vegetarian. I respect those who choose this lifestyle. Whenever I have a vegetarian guest, I am ever so mindful of the food preparation.

Mir

That is so great and considerate of you.

You see, strict vegetarians read labels on all products purchased. My children also do the same.

Their friends ask them many interesting questions about a vegetarian lifestyle and they are well read and are able to answer the many questions. I admire the respect shown by non vegetarians towards those who are vegetarian.

I am not sure but I think that the USA have over 22 million vegetarians.

Thanks for your kindness and tolerance shown towards vegetarians.

Mahatma Ghandi once decided to try eating goat meat once in his life and describe an ordeal where he said something to the effect that he felt as if the goat was crying all night in his tummy.

It is a healthy lifestyle. I am close to 50 and look 25 - 30. I believe that a part of it has to do with my lifestyle.

FM
Originally Posted by Rev:

THIS THREAD HAS POTENTIAL. IT CAN BE AN INTERESTING THREAD.

* But instead of my friend yuji posting photos of the vegetarians, he can share with us tidbits of some of those folks.

* For example, Paul McCartney once said, "if slaughter houses had glasses all humans would be vegatarians."

* That's an interesting tidbit, right there.

Rev

Thanks rev

I plan to do that soon with this thread. My fear of doing so was that it might have enraged no vegetarians and I do not want to see a fight in social.

FM

Thanks rev

I plan to do that soon with this thread. My fear of doing so was that it might have enraged no vegetarians and I do not want to see a fight in social.

Yugi:

* Folks don't get enraged in social. It's only in POLITICAL where we see UNCIVILIZED behavior.

* By the way, I am curious to learn if being a vegetarian means you are healthier ?

Rev

FM

Thanks rev

Yugi:

* Folks don't get enraged in social. It's only in POLITICAL where we see UNCIVILIZED behavior.

* By the way, I am curious to learn if being a vegetarian means you are healthier ?

Rev

Rev

I have had clean bills of health at every check up. My grandmother who is also a vegetarian is 85 and going strong.

I can only speak for myself and family and this is the lifestyle that we have chosen with the many benefits that goes along with it.

My doctors is amazed at my health and jokes about trying a vegetarian diet but admits that it will be hard to stick to it.

I noticed that Cain stays away from meat and is healthy. 

Avoiding a piece of meat a day keeps the doctor and many diseases away.

FM
Originally Posted by Miraver:

Rev

We'll need a few people who were meat eaters and then switched to a vegetarian lifestyle to answer this question. One person's response won't be reliable/valid.

Agreed. But read up on what Bill Clinton and others who switched diets had to say.

FM
Originally Posted by Riya:

I'm a pescatarian. My goal is to eventually become a vegetarian. I'm not quite ready to commit as yet.

I am a vegetarian. I eat milk and cheese but not eggs. I have been so since birth. There is nothing special to it. Actually it comes with burdens. I would eat animal protein if I could digest it. I just do not like the taste so It does not sit will with me.I tried when my choices were limited as a student. I was down to 115 lbs most of college.

I  have since developed lots of bad habits. I could survive on pizzas and ice cream if given the chance or if my wife was not around. I hate most fruits except bananas and apples and gravitate away from most vegetable product that would do me good. I eat only spinach, broccoli, asparagus, etc  and detest squashes except for pumpkins.

I survive mainly on salads and soups since I am not keen on cooked stuff either.  I am up shits creek truly! Without a vitamin supplement I would be dead from poor eating habits wrought of unpalatable options. 

Dhal and rice does not do crap for you. B complexes are difficult to get, essential Omega 3 found only in inedible crap like flaxseed etc. Vegetarianism is no panacea for health.

Humans were not made to nibble on cellulose alone or we would have a double stomach. We are omnivores. I am a vegetarian because I grew up with a practicing Hindu father. It is my curse that today cannot stand the taste of meat...and many vegetables for that matter.

FM

* That is why I like stormborn. He always has an interesting story to share.

* Imagine that! Stormborn and yuji---the poster boys for vegetarianism.---stormy and yuji are like the Bobbsey twins.

Rev

Where am I an advocate for the "benefits" of vegetarianism. I noted it is unnatural as we are honed by evolution to be omnivores. Just look at our teeth, our single stomach, our vestigial appendix.

Yug Yug ( meaning confused or nothing) is obsessively ritualistic and driven to his view as it having divine purpose. I do not even think there is a divinity.

FM
Originally Posted by skeldon_man:
Originally Posted by warrior:

i do know skelton man use his gun to hunt wild cabbage 

Want fuh see how he use de gun fuh shoot? Come on down..I'll send you out there to set up the wild cabbage.

let me tell you something you should think about *******,only three kind of people support the ppp,a coward,a thief or a racist which one are you or you is all three  

FM
Originally Posted by Chameli:

who in the PPP are vegetarians?

--------------

who of the great hindu sages were avid hunters?

i know one 'pandit' who don't eat carcass but he likes to hustle other man's wife

is there anywhere in the scriptures where it specifies not to eat meat?

Yugi22 follow the scriptures and he doesn't eat meat, garlic, onions and patacake.

Mitwah

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.