Skip to main content

FM
Former Member
I blogged this on Thursday, March 15, 2007:

quote:
Many individuals, financial institutions and other corporations will collapse, many are already walking away from houses they could not afford to begin with and this number will only increase. Unfortunately not just the US will suffer but most of the world, some more and some less than the US, but, the crisis will be wide spread, make no mistake about that.

to read the entire article go to My blog

Replies sorted oldest to newest

No big deal, I have been telling people since around Dec '05 that the market will crash because it is artificially inflated. You might find post right here on GNI where I stated this. But a lot of people were forced into it partially because rentals were disappearing as they were being sold as condos. But the banks were mostly to blame for this crisis because they decided to sacrifice good lending policies regarding loan to value ratios.
FM
quote:
Originally posted by ksazma:
No big deal, I have been telling people since around Dec '05 that the market will crash because it is artificially inflated. You might find post right here on GNI where I stated this. But a lot of people were forced into it partially because rentals were disappearing as they were being sold as condos. But the banks were mostly to blame for this crisis because they decided to sacrifice good lending policies regarding loan to value ratios.

Is it the banks or the Feds for keeping a very open money policy? The banks operated with the limits of the rules set by the Feds. The blame lies in more than one place, the banks were just the conduits of a Fed policy.
FM
Good call Poli.

Now look into your crystal ball and tell me what will the markets do next week. Will the S&P close higher or lower?

FYI - I bought a small amount of equities at the close today (energy). Will continue buying more if prices decline further.

Looks like the market is hunkering down for a storm. But, also represents a good buying opportunity for sectors like energy.
FM
quote:
Originally posted by baseman:
Is it the banks or the Feds for keeping a very open money policy? The banks operated with the limits of the rules set by the Feds. The blame lies in more than one place, the banks were just the conduits of a Fed policy.

Sure HUD had a very high loan to value ratio but the lending still had a responsibility to perform proper verifications which was where most of the problens were.
FM
quote:
Originally posted by politikalamity:

quote:
Many individuals, financial institutions and other corporations will collapse, many are already walking away from houses they could not afford to begin with and this number will only increase. Unfortunately not just the US will suffer but most of the world, some more and some less than the US, but, the crisis will be wide spread, make no mistake about that.

Hey poli, hope you did some good shorting!
FM
quote:
Originally posted by baseman:
quote:
Originally posted by politikalamity:

quote:

Hey poli, hope you did some good shorting!

Big Grin Wink
FM
quote:
Originally posted by Rahmah bin Jabr:
Good call Poli.

Now look into your crystal ball and tell me what will the markets do next week. Will the S&P close higher or lower?

FYI - I bought a small amount of equities at the close today (energy). Will continue buying more if prices decline further.

Looks like the market is hunkering down for a storm. But, also represents a good buying opportunity for sectors like energy.

loaded question my friend...

at this point thigs are all precariously poised..

I bought Natural gas this week...mad some momney and got out..

bought the USD..made a bit of money..

sold my gold made some money..

still holding on to some financial stocks..hoping to break even ..do not know as yet if I will get out this week or add to my positions..

but generally I am not holding anything for long...

next week..lemme look at my data dn post in Financial forum..
FM
Guys think of this for a minute. Why is a country like Guyana with so much gold poorer than poor man Jones and a country like Barbadoes with no resources except white sand and blue water is vastly more rich than Guyana.

It is not just because of racism and bad politics that make Guyana poor. The reason is also because of Venezula and some powerful countries in this world that keep Guyana trap into a cycle of debt and poverty.
Wally
quote:
Originally posted by Wally:
Guys think of this for a minute. Why is a country like Guyana with so much gold poorer than poor man Jones and a country like Barbadoes with no resources except white sand and blue water is vastly more rich than Guyana.

It is not just because of racism and bad politics that make Guyana poor. The reason is also because of Venezula and some powerful countries in this world that keep Guyana trap into a cycle of debt and poverty.

Well said Wally. They call it the resource curse.
T

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.